Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Doctor said:

Like if you arn't going into that game expecting to be humped 5-0 I just don't get how you cope being a St J fan. 

Against Sevco, our record at Ibrox is...

Won: 2

Drawn: 2

Lost: 3

In those 7 games, we've conceded more than 1 goal just twice.

As always, you've zero idea what you're even talking about.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Against Sevco, our record at Ibrox is...

Won: 2

Drawn: 2

Lost: 3

In those 7 games, we've conceded more than 1 goal just twice.

As always, you've zero idea what you're even talking about.

Regardless of recent statistics I just don't sit down to watch a Rangers v St Johnstone game expecting a draw or a win. I can understand why you feel differently and you've earned that right with your knowledge of recent results, it just doesn't seem fun to me. 

20 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

In that case, why should we feel passionate about anything in life? Don’t put people down for investing emotion into things they enjoy.

Yeah you are right, it was a shit post to begin with but I was hoping it would come across more light hearted than it did. 

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

If this had happened during Tommy’s time in charge, we can be sure he would have been scathing in the media. Will be interesting to see how Callum deals with this.

Best thing is not to comment, certainly not negatively. Start to sound like Rangers, Hearts and Partick.

SB on the board. To me there is a whiff of culpability if they didnt have pre-agreed protocols for this pretty easily foreseeable eventuality and a member feels unhappy about it.

They've been railroad by the SG quite clearly but I dont know if postponement was the correct action.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

The difference being that we’ve been punished through no fault of our own.

I don’t disagree but what is to be gained from being scathing? It will quickly turn people to, it’s a global epidemic and Saints are whining about not getting 3 points for a game that had to be postponed because of it.

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

SB on the board. To me there is a whiff of culpability if they didnt have pre-agreed protocols for this pretty easily foreseeable eventuality and a member feels unhappy about it.

They've been railroad by the SG quite clearly but I dont know if postponement was the correct action.

If they’ve been training with the rest of the squad there may be a number of players developing covid who wouldn’t test positive yet. It’s utterly shit but it’s the right decision.

If they’ve been training with the rest of the squad there may be a number of players developing covid who wouldn’t test positive yet. It’s utterly shit but it’s the right decision.
Absolutely, the point being we should have a clear plan for this scenario. Has there been a statement from the spfl yet?

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
18 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

Absolutely, the point being we should have a clear plan for this scenario. Has there been a statement from the spfl yet?

A brief one..

Following a meeting this morning between the Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing, Joe FitzPatrick, the Scottish FA Chief Executive, Ian Maxwell, and the Chief Executive of the SPFL, Neil Doncaster, to further examine the circumstances around the self-isolation of eight Aberdeen FC players, a request was received from Scottish Government - and agreement reached - to postpone Saturday’s Scottish Premiership match against St Johnstone.

There is an evolving public health outbreak in Aberdeen and the minister conveyed the need for additional work to provide further assurance around Aberdeen FC’s adherence to the agreed protocols.

Given the overriding responsibility to public health, the subsequent advice and discussion with the minister this morning means that the Joint Response Group must adhere to the request to postpone the match.

St Johnstone seem to be meekly accepting it. Maybe they've all been at it and it's just the Aberdeen boys who got unlucky, so they don't want to make a fuss.

This weekend's Scottish Premiership fixture against Aberdeen at McDiarmid Park has been postponed.

The Club is disappointed at the news of this postponement but the health and wellbeing of everybody is of paramount importance in this situation.

We're also disappointed for our Season Ticket holders and supporters who were looking forward to watching the match.

We will keep you updated with news regarding the rescheduling of this fixture.

Just now, welshbairn said:

A brief one..

St Johnstone seem to be meekly accepting it. Maybe they've all been at it and it's just the Aberdeen boys who got unlucky, so they don't want to make a fuss.

What would making a fuss achieve? If there is a positive to it let’s do it. 

Just now, Bose said:

What would making a fuss achieve? If there is a positive to it let’s do it. 

I'd be putting a complaint in to the SPFL that the game being cancelled was a consequence of a clear breach of the rules by Aberdeen players and St Johnstone should be awarded the points. The worst that could happen is that it's rejected.

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Bit of a minter though, firmly behind the ‘take it on the chin,’ approach.

No surprise to see a Falkirk fan advocating toys out the pram though 😉

Agree. Trying to claim the points would come across as petty given the seriousness of the situation, and probably bad karma. 

Play this with a straight bat IMO.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd be putting a complaint in to the SPFL that the game being cancelled was a consequence of a clear breach of the rules by Aberdeen players and St Johnstone should be awarded the points. The worst that could happen is that it's rejected.

During this though a Saints player could catch it entirely innocently, without going to a mobbed pub, and then it’ll just opens us to the same. 

Its an absolutely shit state of affairs from a Saints point of view, only two preseason games and a cancellation and next up Ibrox and when the game is scheduled Aberdeen have a full squad. Definitely been shafted and from his statement I think Cormack expected a forfeit but I don’t see anything to gain from trying to take it further.

4 minutes ago, Doctor said:

The extra weeks rest and Rangers indulgences in Germany will give us a massive advantage for the upcoming fixture 

I’m guessing you didn’t see how disjointed we looked for the first half on Saturday?  We need games.  Granted Rangers did a lot of ball chasing last night.