Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

that's the main reason he hired Kirsten.

TBF, and I'm not getting into the debate about whether she's good or bad, someone did need to come in below Brown to run the club daily regardless of anything else.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF, and I'm not getting into the debate about whether she's good or bad, someone did need to come in below Brown to run the club daily regardless of anything else.

Either that or a manager for his business...

St Johnstone chairman > Half arsed sparky.

Steve Brown as chairman has overseen the clubs most successful period and he gets stick for whatever decisions he makes - do not get it!!

When Geoff was chairman he had Stewart Duff running the club on a day to day basis so that Geoff could look after his other business interests .

Is Steve Brown not doing the same now??

Bottom line is if people not happy then buy the Browns out.

4 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Steve Brown as chairman has overseen the clubs most successful period and he gets stick for whatever decisions he makes - do not get it!!

When Geoff was chairman he had Stewart Duff running the club on a day to day basis so that Geoff could look after his other business interests .

Is Steve Brown not doing the same now??

Bottom line is if people not happy then buy the Browns out.

He gets stick for having the charisma of dry stone dyke and putting his foot in it more often than not. 

43 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Either that or a manager for his business...

St Johnstone chairman > Half arsed sparky.

Which one makes him more money?

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Which one makes him more money?

I know exactly what makes more money.

Steve Brown has been given custody if the club, probably a club he didn't want. He will have made business through being chairman,  there's no doubt about that but all said and done it needs someone with the browns business acumen,  with some lessons in PR and passion, lots and lots of passion.

Just now, tree house tam said:

I know exactly what makes more money.

Steve Brown has been given custody if the club, probably a club he didn't want. He will have made business through being chairman,  there's no doubt about that but all said and done it needs someone with the browns business acumen,  with some lessons in PR and passion, lots and lots of passion.

Absolutely agree hes the best owner we could hope for, as infuriating as some of his decisions can be.

Still feel like its the right decision to have someone else running the daily show though,

10 minutes ago, akuram said:

The way other clubs have had to act during this crisis and how we seem to be coping so well is of great credit to Steve Brown.
We are so lucky to be run so well.

The only issue seems to be the kits not being released yet.

You do wonder though if its a case of them not having any. I've seen other clubs announce kits, and show signings in them, yet are still using last season strips in pre-season. 

Wonder if the whole Country is struggling to get the kits delivered en masse from Europe.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The only issue seems to be the kits not being released yet.

You do wonder though if its a case of them not having any. I've seen other clubs announce kits, and show signings in them, yet are still using last season strips in pre-season. 

Wonder if the whole Country is struggling to get the kits delivered en masse from Europe.

I don't know if you've got a different supply chain or not but if you're still with Macron this season Burrows replied to someone about ours at the start of June.

Apparently we were/are anticipating mid-July for them going on-sale.

Really disappointed that were unlikely to see a game in the flesh now until October or later. 

I know the goal is to be covid free and that's good. We don't want the feared second wave or localised lockdowns etc etc I understand all that but for clubs like us with the 4 stands and space for home fans why with the appropriate measures in place can't we return? Surely it's not some primary school mentality of if one can't do it, no club is allowed?

Sounds like from August the rugby will be used as "test event" with fans present. 

Also... Kits. Not fussed if we played in the same one as last season or the same kit for eternity if I'm honest. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

7 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Really disappointed that were unlikely to see a game in the flesh now until October or later. 

I know the goal is to be covid free and that's good. We don't want the feared second wave or localised lockdowns etc etc I understand all that but for clubs like us with the 4 stands and space for home fans why with the appropriate measures in place can't we return? Surely it's not some primary school mentality of if one can't do it, no club is allowed?

Sounds like from August the rugby will be used as "test event" with fans present. 

I'd be wary of believing the Scottish Government just now tbh, everything they say in terms of timescale is "worst scenario" stuff.

It would be zero shock if they allowed rugby fans in before football fans though, we're apparently all lower class drunkards, while rugby fans are apparently sophisticated. Same reason they allow rugby fans to drink alcohol during matches but ban football fans from doing so.

On a lighter note...

10 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

A sponsorless shirt would be a great result for anyone that buys team tops.  There must be a few Well fans clambering over each other to snap up that deal.

Aye, we had the Paddy Power "Save Our Shirt" sponsorship last season so not only did we have a deal that was "our biggest shirt sponsorship in history" we had sponsorless shirts.

You always hear folk banging on about how we should retail shirts without the sponsor (ignoring why companies sponsor a shirt in the first place) but It'd be interesting to know if we saw an uptick in shirt sales compared to other seasons when we've had a sponsor eg: McEwan Fraser or BetPark.

We did a similar thing a couple of seasons ago when Motorpoint were our shirt sponsors and the shirts were available to buy with or without the sponsor logo printed. Again, I'd guess that more sponsorless shirts were sold than with the sponsor print.

Although having said that there were a few who were raging that they couldn't get the BetPark sponsor on their kids shirts (gambling advertising rules & kids) because it "wasn't the same as the players wore". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aye, we had the Paddy Power "Save Our Shirt" sponsorship last season so not only did we have a deal that was "our biggest shirt sponsorship in history" we had sponsorless shirts.
You always hear folk banging on about how we should retail shirts without the sponsor (ignoring why companies sponsor a shirt in the first place) but It'd be interesting to know if we saw an uptick in shirt sales compared to other seasons when we've had a sponsor eg: McEwan Fraser or BetPark.
We did a similar thing a couple of seasons ago when Motorpoint were our shirt sponsors and the shirts were available to buy with or without the sponsor logo printed. Again, I'd guess that more sponsorless shirts were sold than with the sponsor print.
Although having said that there were a few who were raging that they couldn't get the BetPark sponsor on their kids shirts (gambling advertising rules & kids) because it "wasn't the same as the players wore". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not that I’d ever be envious of Motherwell :)
I’d love a sponsorless shirt as I’ve never liked adverts on tops. I understand it, but wonder what the returns are for smaller club sponsors.

Same, it's strange how the sponsored logo is the most prominent part of a football top, with just a wee crest on the chest. You look at American sports tops and they've got the team name emblazoned across it. Not that I'm particularly calling for that.

Maybe shirts would look a bit bare with no sponsor on for the younger generation. A lot maybe depends on how well done the sponsors logo is; to be fair to our current sponsors, for a company who deal in other people's shite, the logo looks decent on the Saints top.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be wary of believing the Scottish Government just now tbh, everything they say in terms of timescale is "worst scenario" stuff.

It would be zero shock if they allowed rugby fans in before football fans though, we're apparently all lower class drunkards, while rugby fans are apparently sophisticated. Same reason they allow rugby fans to drink alcohol during matches but ban football fans from doing so.

On a lighter note...

August 22nd. Edinburgh v Glasgow in the rugby. Circa 1000 fans allowed. No test events in football till Autumn... 

I know I’ve been pissed of about the lack of kits so far but this is a genuine question, with less than 2 weeks until the season starts what would happen if we don’t have new kits in time for the season  starting? Would we be allowed to wear last seasons until the new ones are ready?