Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Could well be shite but heyho. 

St Johnstone to Hibs, a route to success.

He'll either be back in a few seasons or in the English 9th tier, going off previous examples.

Good luck to Drey, decent player who just needs to find the end product. I enjoyed watching him play for Saints, he entertained me so gets him a free pass in my book.

Until he plays against Saints obviously, then he's a complete c**t who I'll treat as if he spat in my last Murrays pie.

Edited by tree house tam

I thought Hibs weren't signing anyone until the wage deferrals were over?

But would be a nice circularity if Drew left a club because he was asked to take a wage cut,  in order to join a club in the middle of imposing wage cuts on top of deferrals.

Good luck to Drey, decent player who just needs to find the end product. I enjoyed watching him play for Saints, he entertained me so gets him a free pass in my book.
Until he plays against Saints obviously, then he's a complete c**t who I'll treat as if he spat in my last Murrays pie.

This 100%, he’s great entertainment and causes fullbacks all sorts of issues, but you get nothing in the way of productivity from him and as a result his being on the wing is irrelevant cause he makes no impact. Our squad is worse without him, but I’m not sure our chances of winning games is.

Can’t say I’m arsed about any of the signings Motherwell have made to be honest. Scott Fox is a flapper, Jordan White might decent but has never played in the top flight before and not in a position we need someone for, Ricki Lamie was third choice left back and back up centre half at Livi last year and I’ve never thought that much of Mark O’Hara - flatters to deceive.

The young defender from Forest Green might be decent and wouldn’t have minded coming in but we already brought in a young left sided centre half in January who is doing just fine. 

The new manager has only been in the door 5 days and hasn’t even taken a training session yet - I can’t see us signing another for at least a week or two yet. 

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The new manager has only been in the door 5 days and hasn’t even taken a training session yet - I can’t see us signing another for at least a week or two yet. 

He apparently gave Brown a list of targets during his interview, so youd hope those would be actioned on the moment he signed his deal.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He apparently gave Brown a list of targets during his interview, so youd hope those would be actioned on the moment he signed his deal.

Should’ve been brought in the day before as a blood pact. Unacceptable. I blame Kirsten Robertson. 

Unless Hibs are paying him 3 or 4 times what we were offering, which would be understandably hard to turn down, then that would be pretty pish from Drey leaving us for a sideways move to another Scottish club.  A club who've finished above us about twice in the past decade.  

On the plus side, in line with recent speculation, it might confirm Hibs are losing Martin Boyle, who has caused us a lot of bother over the past 2-3 years.

Here are a few definite no's of players who thought they were improving their lot;

Rowan Vine, Liam Craig, Danny Swanson (twice), Michael O'Halloran, Brian Graham, Joe Shaughnessy, Tony Watt.  Although most could maybe argue they greatly increased their bank balance in the process.

Stevie May was a 50/50 for me, started off well at Wednesday but faded out the picture, still got a decent move to Preston at the end of that season though.

In answer to the original question, I can't think of a single one..

Unless Hibs are paying him 3 or 4 times what we were offering, which would be understandably hard to turn down, then that would be pretty pish from Drey leaving us for a sideways move to another Scottish club.  A club who've finished above us about twice in the past decade.  
On the plus side, in line with recent speculation, it might confirm Hibs are losing Martin Boyle, who has caused us a lot of bother over the past 2-3 years.
I agree with your sentiment, but even if they offer 300-400 quid a week more that's a lot to turn down, especially for a player who has had the injury problems Drey has had.

You could create a great game called Guess What Drey Did?

541772356_Screenshot_20200624-1945263.thumb.jpg.7a8d54af6266172244f439949e71f5d3.jpg

Hibs are getting a player with all the tools but, on what we saw at Saints, little appreciation of how to use them.

Edited by Radford

24 minutes ago, Radford said:

You could create a great game called Guess What Drey Did?

541772356_Screenshot_20200624-1945263.thumb.jpg.7a8d54af6266172244f439949e71f5d3.jpg

Hibs are getting a player with all the tools but, on what we saw at Saints, little appreciation of how to use them.

I was genuinely heads gone after that.

Agreed. If he could add assists and goals to his game he'll be probably pick Hibs up a seven figure fee but I don't see any evidence of that happening any time soon. He often got into good positions to cross the ball but invariably didn't find his man and never looked like scoring a goal either - the 1 league goal he did manage was a deflected cross.