Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

11 hours ago, mizfit said:

Well this is nice.

It's all a bit shite, eh.

Tbf Saints are one of the lucky clubs here. No matter whether the season is ended, voided, or extended, we're unlikely to find ourselves feeling massively hard done by etc., still an outside chance of finishing a few positions up, or down, but any European qualification/relegation chances are gone.

Financially we were planning for a cut anyway, but the money in the bank should cover things until the league pay out, whenever that will come. I doubt that many Saints fans will be demanding refunds either.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt that many Saints fans will be demanding refunds either.

Of course no one will, we're good c***s.

If anything comes out of this virus it'll be the need to connect with the younger generation better, because let's face it we do have a lot of old codgers in our support.

Just hope I'm not one of the casualties,  farewell brothers, f**k Dundee. 

Boy, the whole 3 stands thing seems pretty trivial now..

On 09/03/2020 at 15:41, jamamafegan said:

This has probably been discussed and I’m late to the party, apologies if so. However...

There’s talk of Saints being a candidate to be bought by Chelsea. Apparently big Roman wants to buy a Scottish club to get around some UEFA rule (don’t have a link handy) and Saints are being suggested (by saints fans) as a prime candidate with our link to Jody Morris and the fact that Abramovich apparently owns property in #perthshire. This along with the recent interviews with the Browns, are the stars aligning for a sensational buyout of the club? Will Saints become the Chelsea of the Scottish Premiership and bring home the league title to Perth? If so, you can shove fan ownership up your arse because this is a train I’m prepared to get on.

Remember a whole 9 days ago when this seemed like big news.

Callum Hendry currently doubt a q&a on the Saints twitter. 

One of the questions I read was how many eggs does he have in an omelette, which I hope he gets asked/answers because that’s the sort of content we need more than the brutal ‘who’s your role model,’ chat that nobody cares about.

2 for breakfast/lunch, 3 if for dinner btw. 

Never asked about the omelette but asked this ridiculous question ffs. St Johnstone is cancelled:

2758AD77-C45E-4467-BC01-8FC71146E6F3.jpeg

I asked him if he could batter his dad in a fight. Obviously saints were asking him that.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

I asked him if he could batter his dad in a fight. Obviously saints were asking him that.

I'd put money on Cal knocking the old *** c**t out. 

There were a few more interesting questions TBF.When he was asked.."Who do you hate most at the club" ?"Who do you think about when you're wanking"? and "Is Wallace Duffy as shite in training as he is on the pitch"? etc

Some no mark Sun journalist claiming Dundee United are after Drey Wright, and that we havent offered him a deal yet.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some no mark Sun journalist claiming Dundee United are after Drey Wright, and that we havent offered him a deal yet.

Off you pop then Drey.

Rooney's gonna snap you.

On 17/03/2020 at 22:45, Fife Saint said:

Boy, the whole 3 stands thing seems pretty trivial now..

Correct but also means we are stronger financially than if we had remained with Saints in East Stand.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cant see us offering him anything now either with the current situation!

Current situation confirms that having this strong financial backing built up by prudence due the good management over the years by Geoff and then Steve Brown has us in a much stronger position to weather this crisis than many of the other clubs.

Can only say well done.

Whatever happens with Drey Wright or indeed any of our players is minor to the crisis facing all the clubs.

We will just get on with the job.

Correct but also means we are stronger financially than if we had remained with Saints in East Stand.
No, no, no Hearts fans are adamant this was ethically wrong.

An interview with Gary Henderson on the work of the media team and volunteers.  

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some no mark Sun journalist claiming Dundee United are after Drey Wright

In these challenging times, it's refreshing to see Drey's agent lower his ambitions 

Manager's email:

I just wanted to send a quick message out to all of our supporters during this difficult time.

It’s important to look out for your family members, friends and neighbours. These are unprecedented times for this country and indeed the world, and we need to check in on those who are most vulnerable.

We need to try and stay positive, follow government guidelines, and hopefully the situation will improve quickly. We’re all dealing with the uncertainty at the moment but hopefully everything can return to normal as soon as possible.

I’ve seen myself first-hand the situation in supermarkets with empty shelves and I’d like to ask everybody to remain sensible when it comes to shopping. My brother works in the retail industry and he has assured me that there is more than enough food for everyone as long as people don’t stockpile food and buy more than they need. It’s the most vulnerable people at this time who suffer most from empty supermarket shelves.

On the football side of things, there is still a lot of uncertainty about what will happen but this is entirely out of our control. I’m sure the footballing authorities will be working extremely hard during these testing times. When there is any update the Club will keep supporters updated via the usual channels.

The players and coaching staff remain away from McDiarmid Park and we feel this is the safest and best course of action. All players have their own individual training programmes which are being monitored daily by staff assuring that when football does finally return they are raring to go.

While football remains suspended, myself, my staff and the players will be phoning around our elderly Season Ticket holders for a quick chat and to see if there is anything that the Club can do to assist. Once we have called our elderly supporters, we will do our best to phone round as many Season Ticket holders as possible for as long as this break from football continues.

So, if you receive a phone call from myself or one of the staff or players, it isn’t a hoax!

Please look after yourselves, stay safe, and I look forward to seeing you all back at McDiarmid Park soon.

All the best,

Tommy Wright
St. Johnstone Manager

First supporter of another team that says "once they've phoned all their season ticket holders, what will they do for the rest of the day?!" wins a 4 pack of toilet roll.

On the plus side, Saints fans could have a bit of fun dialling up ST holding mates on the back of this pretending to be a player they don't rate and give it the "I know where you sit and I've heard all the abuse you always give me, so why not come down the park and say it to my face" chat.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

First supporter of another team that says "once they've phoned all their season ticket holders, what will they do for the rest of the day?!" wins a 4 pack of toilet roll.

On the plus side, Saints fans could have a bit of fun dialling up ST holding mates on the back of this pretending to be a player they don't rate and give it the "I know where you sit and I've heard all the abuse you always give me, so why not come down the park and say it to my face" chat.

Once they've phoned all your season ticket holders, what will...

Seriously, nice touch from the club.