Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Radford said:

I don't think there is any doubt that Griffin was a better prospect than Davidson but equally, CD was training on his own a lot in his first few years at the club as he completed his degree. He really kicked on in the 18 months before he won his move. 

Griffin was captaining the club at 18/19 but whereas CD kicked on when he finished his studies, DG should have moved to Derby, I don't think he needed to stay at Saints any longer, which was obviously cited at the time. You look at that time and he turns down a £1 million move, then the Rams go out and sign Christian Dailly for significantly less money a few weeks later. A couple of years on and he's moving for over £5 million and everyone knows the career he had. 

It almost feels cruel bringing up DG knocking back that move, although I know he's said he has no regrets.

He stayed for love. I remember him coming to my school prom.

4 hours ago, The Marly said:

Never change Spuddy, never change. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Fifespud's been predicting St Johnstone's doom for about ten years and at least two Dundee relegations, but no doubt when we do eventually go down he'll be here telling us he was right all along.

Davidson on the radio saying he wants to implement a 5-2-3 system with you and build the team round McCart-Kerr-Gordon.

Neil McCann basically confirmed that Davidson has picked up Steven McLean, but Davidson awkwardly walked that back.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Davidson on the radio saying he wants to implement a 5-2-3 system with you and build the team round McCart-Kerr-Gordon.

Neil McCann basically confirmed that Davidson has picked up Steven McLean, but Davidson awkwardly walked that back.

Is there bad blood between McCann and Davidson? I know Tommy Wright and Neil McCann weren’t fans of each other. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is there bad blood between McCann and Davidson? I know Tommy Wright and Neil McCann weren’t fans of each other. 

They seemed like besties tbh.

I think the back 3/5 system does seem to suit the players we have best. 

Just now our only real winger is O'Halloran, and Wotherspoon who can play both wide and central, while 2 out of 3 full backs are better going forward than defending (Tanser/what Championship fans say of Rooney). 2 out of 3 strikers only thrive in a front two aswell.

A similar situation to the 2020 under TW makes sense, with us moving between 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 dependent on opponents.

If that's the case, then the 2/3 signings have to include a CB, CM, and Winger, otherwise we'll be too short in these positions in either set up (ignoring the fact a youngster or two might be able to step up, Cammy Ballantynes 19/20 isnt far off Ali McCanns 18/19).

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think Davidson and McCann played together for Scotland down the left hand side, so I doubt theres much aggro between them.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the back 3/5 system does seem to suit the players we have best. 

Just now our only real winger is O'Halloran, and Wotherspoon who can play both wide and central, while 2 out of 3 full backs are better going forward than defending (Tanser/what Championship fans say of Rooney). 2 out of 3 strikers only thrive in a front two aswell.

A similar situation to the 2020 under TW makes sense, with us moving between 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 dependent on opponents.

If that's the case, then the 2/3 signings have to include a CB, CM, and Winger, otherwise we'll be too short in these positions in either set up (ignoring the fact a youngster or two might be able to step up, Cammy Ballantynes 19/20 isnt far off Ali McCanns 18/19).

Not far out imo,but Booth Rooney or Tanser  could play cb,and we’ve Duffy still learning

20 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Not far out imo,but Booth Rooney or Tanser  could play cb,and we’ve Duffy still learning

Duffy's an interesting one, did he play in the back 3 last season?

I really hope he makes it with us now, for all the joking about we all do about him, it must've been hard as f**k for him mentally last season.