Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

I'd love to say it's mainly ignorance but our own chairman hasn't helped the perception with that interview he did a few months ago. 

You just need to look at his quotes: "We're in danger of being hypocrites because we have been outspoken in living within your means. I think our wage bill is the sixth in the league, which is far too high. We can't sustain that. We went for it at the start of the season - we thought we could get into the top six and have a cup run but we just haven't performed and that leaves a huge financial gap and concerns. We have got reserves, so unfortunately this year we will be hitting them in a big way and posting heavy losses, which is not good."

I think our own support have largely come to accept his manner but you can see why stuff like that gets traction. Add in we don't get big crowds and the (financial) decision hand the Old Firm an extra stand. 

Running Saints isn't easy but whilst we retain the cash reserves we do, the club is never in any danger. 

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'd love to say it's mainly ignorance but our own chairman hasn't helped the perception with that interview he did a few months ago. 

Based on this forum, this is the  very reason.

Theres still fans in the Championship/League One forum on here who claim Saints are fucked financially and been spending beyond their means.

Based entirely on Broons wee moan.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Genuine question and I that I don't know the answer to, but as I was bored I thought I'd read the Hearts forum.

Got as far as here.

C'mon tae f**k Widge, you're better than this.

The two grass training pitches at the side look to have really taken shape now. Wonder if theres any plans to put any gym facilities etc., there? The stuff inside McDiarmid itself has seemed pretty basic whenever I've seen it.

EZVcV8RWoAYQDDD.thumb.jpeg.b2de9fc2691d47f49eee5d4c4eed9d74.jpeg

So training allowed to begin the 12th June with aspirational season start on the 1st of August. 

Will Saints be organised and have a manager appointed by the time the players start returning to training?

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

So training allowed to begin the 12th June with aspirational season start on the 1st of August. 

Will Saints be organised and have a manager appointed by the time the players start returning to training?

Yes.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Great pictures, but also a great advertisement for new seats. 

What’s the deal with the seat colours? Genuine question - did the seats come from Ibrox mid-90s?

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

What’s the deal with the seat colours? Genuine question - did the seats come from Ibrox mid-90s?

Think they just copied the design as it was easier for fans to quickly find their seats when the place sold out (as in, Gate: 3, Section: Red, Row: D, Seat: 15).

That's obviously ridiculous now but at the time probably made sense.

46 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

McDiarmid was built in the 80s, so no.

We did however do a deal for some seats for spares I believe. Mainly to replace the ones broken by bigots.

25 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Drey Wright rejects a reduced contract offer. Disappointing.

You don't keep your better players by offering them reduced contracts, COVID-19 or not.

You want to feel a bit let down by the player after everything Saints put into his rehab but you read the words "brutal wage cut" and there's not a lot you can say. 

It's not like we are now looking to replace a barrel of goals or assists but he was a good player and the squad was better for him in it.

You don't keep your better players by offering them reduced contracts, COVID-19 or not.
You want to feel a bit let down by the player after everything Saints put into his rehab but you read the words "brutal wage cut" and there's not a lot you can say. 
It's not like we are now looking to replace a barrel of goals or assists but he was a good player and the squad was better for him in it.
Not convinced he'll be a massive loss. Good enough to watch and I'd probably have preferred him to stay but in terms of actual productivity he wasn't all that. More maligned players have given us more in the period he's been at Saints.

2 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
4 hours ago, Radford said:

Not convinced he'll be a massive loss. Good enough to watch and I'd probably have preferred him to stay but in terms of actual productivity he wasn't all that. More maligned players have given us more in the period he's been at Saints.

I think I agree with this! Since he came back from injury I thought he flattered to deceive, his crossing was often brutal but he always put in a good shift and would have been useful for next year.

Saints offered him a reduced deal a while back which he turned down, they have probably reduced it even further in the current climate and I can understand why he has turned it down. But, I can also understand the reasoning from Saints (at this time, not when it was supposedly first offered).

High earning, under performing winger with serious injury problems isnt offered a deal that sees him as one of the top earners.

Let the meltdowns commence. 

The reason he wasn’t offered the same deal is because he wasn’t worth it.

Watching Drey Wright play football is a real pleasure, until you look at the stats. For someone who can beat a man and get into the positions he does, to not have a serious amount of goals or assists is criminal. It may be he becomes a superb player elsewhere, wish him luck but off you pop son.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

High earning, under performing winger with serious injury problems isnt offered a deal that sees him as one of the top earners.

Let the meltdowns commence. 

I’ve read through the Saints fans comments on P&B this morning on Drey Wright. So far all very well considered responses.

Not any  ‘meltdowns’ as you put it or even anything close to one so far.