Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

FUCKIN' CHRIST [emoji52] 

I would imagine that’s a curtesy call more than anything given he’s a current manager in Scotland. His comments regarding saints and saints players should automatically rule him out of the job.

I still think Davidson is Brown’s first choice. Knows the club, family still living in Dunblane, gained work away from saints at international and English level. Whether he can be tempted by it, but I don’t think Gary Rowatt will stand in his way and if he has said if he wants to be a manager nows the time.

Not convinced Davidson will be our new manager, but you never know. There’s plenty of interesting names applying so could still go totally left field with a name the media hasn’t even mentioned.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I would imagine that’s a curtesy call more than anything given he’s a current manager in Scotland. His comments regarding saints and saints players should automatically rule him out of the job.

I hope you are right. A few of us were going to Alloa games for a couple of years when Saints were not playing.  Last season we attended 0 Alloa games due to Peter Grant being the manager.

He would have to make a massive apology to the club and the fans before becoming Saints manager. Hopefully it won't happen.

I don’t think I’ve seen many names that I would be unhappy with but I really wouldn’t like Peter Grant near us.  Reading how dismissive he was of Saints I think he would be a hypocrite to take the job if offered.  And anyone associated with Alex McLeish should ruled out as a default. 

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

I don’t think I’ve seen many names that I would be unhappy with but I really wouldn’t like Peter Grant near us.  Reading how dismissive he was of Saints I think he would be a hypocrite to take the job if offered.  And anyone associated with Alex McLeish should ruled out as a default. 

Exactly how I was feeling about it. He's the kind of individual if in charge I wouldnt want to go along to support. 

Not just because of those comments but generally he's just an absolute dick. He's attitude, whole demeanor. 

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I get not wanting Peter Grant, but what did he say about you that means you hate him so much?

He claimed Zander Clark was ignored for a call up, off the back of 5 clean sheets in a row, because he conceded 6 against Celtic and "people were crucifying the keeper".

Clark got MOM and pulled off some incredible saves in that game.

Grant also claimed a reason was down to how often he'd watched all the keepers, despite never publicly appearing at a St Johnstone game, appearing at more Clyde games via SFA supplied tickets. Just a coincidence his son played there that season.

Scotland called up 32yo Jamie MacDonald instead.

I think Grant's condescending tone about how ridiculous it would be to call up a keeper who conceded against Celtic was the worst bit for many. It was the equivalent of having the best young Scottish striker in the league scoring 5 in 5 games, then being told hes not worthy of a call up because he didnt score against Celtic four months ago.

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He claimed Zander Clark was ignored for a call up, off the back of 5 clean sheets in a row, because he conceded 6 against Celtic and "people were crucifying the keeper".

Clark got MOM and pulled off some incredible saves in that game.

Grant also claimed a reason was down to how often he'd watched all the keepers, despite never publicly appearing at a St Johnstone game, appearing at more Clyde games via SFA supplied tickets. Just a coincidence his son played there that season.

Scotland called up 32yo Jamie MacDonald instead.

I think Grant's condescending tone about how ridiculous it would be to call up a keeper who conceded against Celtic was the worst bit for many. It was the equivalent of having the best young Scottish striker in the league scoring 5 in 5 games, then being told hes not worthy of a call up because he didnt score against Celtic four months ago.

Fair play to Grant for being polite.

Would have been harsh to say Clark is pish and wasn't getting a call up on the back of a lucky streak.

Yes the above by RG, plus I'm sure he also picked Scott Bain in that squad, who I'm not sure had even played a game for Celtic at that point?

It was a poor decision not to select Zander, but that happens and we're used to it with our players.  It was more the fact that when asked, as an international manager he should have just come out with a standard "Zander's being doing well, but I just feel the others are ahead of him at this time" type statement, instead his way of justifying his selections was to slag off someone who wasn't picked.

It was shocking behaviour for a coach at that level.