Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Always good when your signings are slated by fans of his former clubs/Dundee United fans.

Had reservations about Rooney but this has put my mind at ease.

Well there isn’t a right back in a 3-5-2, so where’s your argument going here...?
That his positional sense is lacking*. Obviously.

*It was honking while with us. I assume it's improved.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

That his positional sense is lacking*. Obviously.

*It was honking while with us. I assume it's improved.

Thankfully he'll have Jason Kerr/Liam Gordon/Jamie McCart beside him, and potentially a Scotland International full back as his manager, so I daresay it's something that would be heavily worked on.

Also worth mentioning its been over 2 years since he played for QOS.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thankfully he'll have Jason Kerr/Liam Gordon/Jamie McCart beside him, and potentially a Scotland International full back as his manager, so I daresay it's something that would be heavily worked on.

Also worth mentioning its been over 2 years since he played for QOS.

What a coincidence, he also played beside a centre half called Jason Kerr at Queens. You dont think ... no, couldnt be.

Shame he didnt also have an ex-international full back as his manager ... oh, wait.

It has been 2 years, you're right. To be honest, a throw-away joke wasnt really intended as an in-depth scouting report

3 hours ago, Radford said:

From our point of view, why does Steve Brown think a colt team would benefit us any more than the loan system?

Beats me. 

Presumably he thinks prize money given to Colt sides would sustain them, so youd effectively be making our youth squad pay for itself.

Might be wrong but always of the opinion that you're aswell going straight to thinking about how to save money when trying to figure out his logic.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/safety-first-st-johnstone-perth-22158129

Quite a meaty update from the powers that be. We’ve got a COVID testing kit on the way from South Korea, we’re going to be training in ‘pods’ of 5 and 1 coach to begin with, although it seems we may actually be in phase 2 and able to do more comprehensive training quite quickly after we start training again.  Virtual season tickets will be on sale soon - looks like season ticket holders will be given access to a separate site than the International subscribers and that site will be available in 7-10 days so I’d imagine the ticket sales will be on sale very soon. 

Also Brown has confirmed Shaun Rooney has signed in his interview, on top of Cleland, Wright and Rooney himself. I don’t understand why the club haven’t announced it but it’s definitely happening. 

Sounds fairly positive. I still have a feeling Cleland will end up getting the job, but we'll see.

Speaking of the manager, was clearing out old emails and stumbled across this one from Tommy Wright on 23rd April:

First of all, I hope you are keeping safe and well during these difficult times. It’s important we all try to stay positive and look out for each other just now.

I’m currently back in Northern Ireland with my wife and I have been since March when football was suspended. We knew that the lockdown was going to be coming and I wanted to be with Anne and my family members back home rather than find ourselves in different countries during this period.

Of course, it’s nice for me to be back home but really what I want to be doing right now is working with the players on the training pitch preparing for games. However, I completely understand that it’s not possible in the current circumstances and the health of us all is the most important thing just now.

Just because the games have stopped, it doesn’t mean that the work behind the scenes has. I can do a lot of things from home in terms of analysis. I’ve been watching games from throughout the season, looking at ways we can improve ahead of the next campaign. And I’m watching videos of other players we are keeping tabs on as well so we are ready when football does start again.

Away from work, I’ve just been trying to keep busy as I’m sure you are too. I’ve been doing a lot of walking back home and spending a lot of time in the garden, making the most of the nice weather we’ve been having. At nights, it’s all about box sets and series which I’m sure is the same for most people just now!

I’m still calling up Season Ticket holders too and I’m really enjoying speaking to the supporters. I’ve had some great laughs and heard some great stories from the fans I’ve spoken to so far.

It’s a tough time just now but I try to be philosophical about it all. We’ve just got to deal with the situation as best we can, keep active both physically and mentally, and be ready for when things get back to normality. At the moment nobody really knows when that will be.

Look after yourself, stay healthy and I’ll see you at McDiarmid Park soon.

Take care,

Tommy Wright
St. Johnstone Manager

I realise the manager probably felt he had to say something, but it seems quite a strange message to put out given the fact he resigned 10 days later.

9 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

SB whittling down the impressive applicants,down to a handful this week, in Courier tomorrow ,

Peter Grant is getting an interview I was told last night! however I would imagine there would be a few interviewed in the process.