Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

Chances are I won’t be going but I’ll consider breaking my OF boycott if ticket prices are appropriate and Celtic aren’t given 3 stands.

The only thing that’s made me interested in attending is that it’s a cup tie and Celtic have a match on the Thursday, potentially suffering from a European hangover.

The odds are stacked against me but if the club said for example “20 quid adult tickets and Saints fans given two stands” then it would shoddy of me not to attend after how much I complain about this issue.

We shall see.
Oh well. Won't see you there then.

For all the chat of our poor home support, it is fairly loyal.  Our average crowd this season so far, where we've spent most of it in and around the relegation spots,  is similar to some seasons where we finished 3rd and 4th.

Where we finished in brackets;

2008-09 - 3502.  (First Division, 1st/10. Champions)

2009-10 - 4717. (Prem 8th/12)

2010-11 - 3841. (Prem 8th/12)

2011-12 - 4169. (Prem 6th/12, qualified for europa league)

2012-13 - 3921. (Prem 3rd/12, qualified for europa league)

2013-14 - 3806. (Prem 6th/12, Scottish Cup Winners, qualified for europa league)

2014-15 - 4592. (Prem 4th/12, qualified for europa league)

2015-16 - 3879. (Prem 4th/12)

2016-17 - 4392. (Prem 4th/12, qualified for europa league)

2017-18 - 3809 (Prem 8th/12)

2018-19 - 3891 (Prem 7th/12)

2019-20 - 3869 (after 14 league matches)

Just now, Steve McQueen said:
33 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:
IMG_0974.thumb.PNG.41b0132729579ae3b16ba73b5796c098.PNG

No online ticket sale?

Nope. Same has applied with the league ties against Old Firm as well. 

As you might have guessed it's to limit them buying in home end as well. 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

For all the chat of our poor home support, it is fairly loyal.  Our average crowd this season so far, where we've spent most of it in and around the relegation spots,  is similar to some seasons where we finished 3rd and 4th.

I had mentioned something similar with us, possibly even in this thread where our average crowd (in seasons with comparable make up of the league ie: with a version of Rangers in it). hadn't really fluctuated much irrespective of league positions.

2006/07 - 5,877 (10th)
2007/08 - 6,599 (3rd)
2008/09 - 5,351 (7th)
2009/10 - 5,307 (5th)
2010/11 - 5,660 (6th)
2011/12 - 5,946 (3rd)
2016/17 - 4,450 (9th)
2017/18 - 5,448 (7th)
2018/19 - 5,448 (8th)
2019/20* - 5,907 (TBC - currently 4th) - * Celtic & Rangers allocations reduced this season

I had always found it peculiar that our average in the Malpas season was roughly comparable with McCall's 3rd place season (his 2x 2nd places were obviously after Rangers had gone out of business).

The 16/17 season was the one after Rangers had been promoted and Thistle and ourselves had a quirk in the fixtures with Celtic and Rangers which could explain the dip in that season, along with us being absolutely mince - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36564025

Edited by capt_oats

Part of me is enjoying seeing those who so vehemently defended the decision by the club to do this now absolutely fuming they’re doing it for the cup game. 

3E977AE9-9666-4E92-912D-8E7E83A73BCA.jpeg

48AE2EFC-057F-41FF-B153-EDB692B668DD.png

Felt like a Cup game was the perfect chance to experiment with reducing their allocation to see what effect it would have on the crowd, seeing as we're experimenting with increasing it. Cup games seem to weed out Saints fans who wouldnt go to similar league games.

Cant complain too much as it's understandable from a business decision to do it, we could end up earning more than £500k extra this season from the home games against the OF, than we wouldve last season (when they got 2.5 stands, the 0.5 extra seems to be folks breaking point...), when you add it all up.

The internet just allows people to express opinions on things that they have no idea what they're talking about. 

Celtic would be right on board with us charging their fans more 🙄

Going backwards with the incentives though...

Cant complain too much as it's understandable from a business decision to do it, we could end up earning more than £500k extra this season from the home games against the OF, than we wouldve last season (when they got 2.5 stands, the 0.5 extra seems to be folks breaking point...), when you add it all up.

f**k me.

Oh well. Won't see you there then.

Damn right you won’t, a full house of plastic paddies and TWENTY FIVE Great British pounds sterling for the privilege! I even see Saintees loyal Ghostie saying he’s patching it. No wonder man. What a fucking minter.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

emoji38.png

f**k me.

Yes. You continue to stay away because you cant have some mulled wine in the car park before the game, and continue mocking anyone who understands why Saints, who are losing almost £1m a year just now, are desperate to get more income in (HINT: IF STAY AWAY FANS TURNED UP EVERY WEEK, THIS WOULDNT BE A DISCUSSION).

I'm sure it makes you feel better to take some moral high ground and just flat out ignore the fact you're part of the reason this is happening.

Do you know what else is hilarious? Calling it this nonsense “a trial.”

Mr. Brown, perhaps this approach might upset our fan base?

“Just tell them it’s a trial, they’ll be none the wiser.”

ck1M6QuNaAcd6mHe9

I'm not one for boycotting because it's whatever club. I also get the whole 3 stand thing as @RandomGuy. Said our fans simply not coming along is partly to blame. We're losing money now due to the playing budget that lets be honest, we can't afford. 

The same set of fans demand new signings and new contracts on a budget we have yet some haven't been for years. Especially those on twitter giving it big mouth about these issues. 

What I do have a problem with though is £30 this Sunday followed by £25 against Rangers next weekend.

Burning the candle at both ends much... Cant give them 3 stands and rip your own fans off as well and expect people to be alright with it. 

If they'd said for the cup tie. 3 stands but £25 for an adult, £1 for kids or £20 for an adult £10 for kids people would have been much more inclined to be accepting of the idea. Instead They're just being greedy. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm not one for boycotting because it's whatever club. I also get the whole 3 stand thing as @RandomGuy. Said our fans simply not coming along is partly to blame. We're losing money now due to the playing budget that lets be honest, we can't afford. 

The same set of fans demand new signings and new contracts on a budget we have yet some haven't been for years. Especially those on twitter giving it big mouth about these issues. 

What I do have a problem with though is £30 this Sunday followed by £25 against Rangers next weekend.

Burning the candle at both ends much... Cant give them 3 stands and rip your own fans off as well and expect people to be alright with it. 

If they'd said for the cup tie. 3 stands but £25 for an adult, £1 for kids or £20 for an adult £10 for kids people would have been much more inclined to be accepting of the idea. Instead They're just being greedy. 

You've no idea what Celtic wanted to charge, considering the price they charge their own fans for home games (kids paid £50 for an OF ticket last season), they likely pushed hard to avoid any cheap tickets.

We have less home fans per OF game than season ticket holders, theres every chance theres barely 100 Saints fans who pay the £30 to get in.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If they'd said for the cup tie. 3 stands but £25 for an adult, £1 for kids or £20 for an adult £10 for kids people would have been much more inclined to be accepting of the idea. 

Was of the opinion that price for Cup matches had to be agreed by both clubs as they share the gate money.  So the pricing is not just down to Saints

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Maybe they didn't agree?

Maybe they need cash more desparately than we do?

@RandomGuy. where are you getting this £1m loss from? First I've heard about us relasing half-year results or reforecasts. 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've no idea what Celtic wanted to charge, considering the price they charge their own fans for home games (kids paid £50 for an OF ticket last season), they likely pushed hard to avoid any cheap tickets.

We have less home fans per OF game than season ticket holders, theres every chance theres barely 100 Saints fans who pay the £30 to get in.

10 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Was of the opinion that price for Cup matches had to be agreed by both clubs as they share the gate money.  So the pricing is not just down to Saints

It doesn't have to be agreed. If you fail to come to an agreement there's a standard price used based on host clubs stand amounts. Which is less than what we're all being charged. 

Saints have agreed to these prices. 

The prices for the Morton game were applied using those rules set confirmed by SLO. 

Screenshot_20200217-194651.thumb.jpg.dd1960b749fd81e64ce52d1594483a75.jpg

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I don’t particularly like the three stands thing but I do understand it and find it difficult to argue with it. I think Saints are in danger of losing season tickets over it. Some people get a bit possessive and would take the seat home if they could. Now you can suggest they are wallopers all you like but they are what they are.