Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I have heard from someone who normally very reliable that Kirsten Robertson is touting the economic benefits of a plastic pitch and wants one installed 

She can tout it all she likes, the backlash from the players and fans should be enough to stop that in its tracks before it even gets off the ground. The main economic benefit for the likes of Killie and Livingston is that it can be rented out during the week to generate additional revenue. We've already got a synthetic pitch which we do that with and I don't believe it is ever fully booked, so we've no need for it. Plus the thought of Steve Brown shelling out 500-750k in one go for something like that which isn't likely to generate any additional income is never happening. 

13 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I have heard from someone who normally very reliable that Kirsten Robertson is touting the economic benefits of a plastic pitch and wants one installed 

Well if that's the case then Kirsten and her plastic pitch can get in the Tay.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Heard that Kirsten Robertson started the coronavirus by making bat soup.

I take your point.But as the person who told me has never given me wrong information in the past I would be extremely surprised if this is not true. 

3 hours ago, Widge said:

She can tout it all she likes, the backlash from the players and fans should be enough to stop that in its tracks before it even gets off the ground. The main economic benefit for the likes of Killie and Livingston is that it can be rented out during the week to generate additional revenue. We've already got a synthetic pitch which we do that with and I don't believe it is ever fully booked, so we've no need for it. Plus the thought of Steve Brown shelling out 500-750k in one go for something like that which isn't likely to generate any additional income is never happening. 

The economic benefit of the pitch to Killie is NOT as a revenue generator as we DO NOT rent it out. Apart from the first team squad, the reserves and under 20's our Elite Academy use the pitch. The benefit in terms of £'s is based on the fact we were paying in excess of £150k per year on training facilities which is worth a good quality player. 

1 minute ago, KTID26 said:

The economic benefit of the pitch to Killie is NOT as a revenue generator as we DO NOT rent it out. Apart from the first team squad, the reserves and under 20's our Elite Academy use the pitch. The benefit in terms of £'s is based on the fact we were paying in excess of £150k per year on training facilities which is worth a good quality player. 

f**k the good quality player. Never did you any good.

When I hear the usual media dross being touted, your Billy Dodds, Pressley, Hartle, McIntyre etc, then I think if Callum doesn't want it then let's just go for a Liam Craig/ Dave Mackay type of set up.

If that self-appointed expert Kirsten is involved in selection, I'd fear we could end up with any of the weegia favourites.