Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

No, but I would say it's fair to say you'd see some results of it happening over a period of 6 year.

In comparison to the two previous seasons we'd just been relegated over the past 20 year, our average attendance has been:

05/06: 3,795
13/14: 4,738
19/20: 5,227

Most clubs had an inflated attendance (Probably due to the money being thrown about at the time) from 2000-2004, but our average attendance in the top flight has always been steadily between the 6000-7000 mark since 1989 with a few seasons of it being closer to 9000 in the aforementioned 'peak' period. And that's with no success. If we were going through the most successful period in our history I'd expect Dens to be bringing in crowds we've not witnessed since the 60's.

Did you think this shite had managed to slip through unnoticed?  I accept that our support is nothing to shout about, but if you're going to come on here making out you follow some big sleeping giant, I'm afraid you're absolutely deluded.

In 2003 Dundee made their first Scottish cup final in f**k knows how many years, with their best team in 30-40 years, full of lots of foreign players they couldn't afford, such as Nemsadze, Speroni, Khizanishvilli, Caballero, Nacho Novo.  They took 17,000 to Hampden. We took 15,000 to our Scottish Cup Final 6 years ago.

Since Saints moved to McDiarmid in 1989-90;

Dundees average home crowd is          5541

St Johnstone average home crowd is  4463.

I'd say 30 years is a more than reasonable time to establish a relative norm for a club.  So there you have it, well done on getting just over 1000 more supporters to home games than St Johnstone do. Absolutely massive. 

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Did you think this shite had managed to slip through unnoticed?  I accept that our support is nothing to shout about, but if you're going to come on here making out you follow some big sleeping giant, I'm afraid you're absolutely deluded.

In 2003 Dundee made their first Scottish cup final in f**k knows how many years, with their best team in 30-40 years, full of lots of foreign players they couldn't afford, such as Nemsadze, Speroni, Khizanishvilli, Caballero, Nacho Novo.  They took 17,000 to Hampden. We took 15,000 to our Scottish Cup Final 6 years ago.

Since Saints moved to McDiarmid in 1989-90;

Dundees average home crowd is          5541

St Johnstone average home crowd is  4463.

I'd say 30 years is a more than reasonable time to establish a relative norm for a club.  So there you have it, well done on getting just over 1000 more supporters to home games than St Johnstone do. Absolutely massive. 

Dundee's average home crowd for the majority of the 60's was 9000 bar the league winning season which seen us bring in 17,000. It's not inconceivable to think if we were winning trophies and league titles on the regular that it could increase to near that point.#

We've been getting more than 1000 your average crowd this season in a lower division m8. But as I said, the point had absolutely nothing to do with respective club sizes or whether we get more fans than you or not. The point was, what exactly is being done off the field to try and take advantage of your on the pitch success.

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Dundee's average home crowd for the majority of the 60's was 9000 bar the league winning season which seen us bring in 17,000. It's not inconceivable to think if we were winning trophies and league titles on the regular that it could increase to near that point.#

We've been getting more than 1000 your average crowd this season in a lower division m8. But as I said, the point had absolutely nothing to do with respective club sizes or whether we get more fans than you or not. The point was, what exactly is being done off the field to try and take advantage of your on the pitch success.

Yep, and in the early 1950's we got a home crowd of 29,972 for a Scottish Cup tie.  I reckon we could get that again for a good Scottish cup draw.

Am I doing it right?

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Yep, and in the early 1950's we got a home crowd of 29,972 for a Scottish Cup tie.  I reckon we could get that again for a good Scottish cup draw.

Am I doing it right?

No.

Do you think it is inconceivable for a club to add another 3-4k to their support if they were having their most successful period? (Which in our case would need to beat our title winning season). Oh, wait, of course you do, because your club hasn't done so.

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

What do you think about parents holding  their children’s hands, you absolute wrong’un? 

I think you're an absolute wrong'un for bringing up something that happened almost a year ago and still crying about it.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Absolutely no surprise to see you sticking up for a homophobe. A terrible poster, a terrible human, and quite clearly a danger to society. 

embarrassing community GIF