Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We fucking battered them that night.

That was some team, tbf.

Always feel a bit stupid saying it, and always expect pelters, but Lomas' side that season was probably the most enjoyable Saints teams since we got promoted (once they got some confidence after the huge winless run obvs).

The style of play obviously wasnt sustainable, and we wouldnt have been consistent enough to achieve what we have done, but when that side was playing well it genuinely felt like they could blow away any side in the league.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 20/04/2020 at 19:12, Mr Heliums said:

Did Tommy Turner ever play in goal? I thought he did.

EDIT: Sorry, I see Radford's already named him.

He played while on the dole at Morton too 😉

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
DE73C303-917B-4DC2-9498-465C277233AF.thumb.jpeg.f3a267ef1188b6494c1d85fafcdaf808.jpeg
82/83?

Yep. Very good team but unfortunately stayed part-time and couldn't quite stay in the Premier league. Would have been interesting to see what happened had we gone full-time.

my first St Johnstone team

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
DE73C303-917B-4DC2-9498-465C277233AF.thumb.jpeg.f3a267ef1188b6494c1d85fafcdaf808.jpeg
82/83?

Yep. Very good team but unfortunately stayed part-time and couldn't quite stay in the Premier league. Would have been interesting to see what happened had we gone full-time.

Think there was too much debt already The club was probably hoping for a couple of years in the top flight to get us on an even keel instead of hurtling into the seaside!

Think there was too much debt already The club was probably hoping for a couple of years in the top flight to get us on an even keel instead of hurtling into the seaside!
Yeah there was. Just a shame that Geoff wasn't brought on board a few years earlier.

24 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Tommy 20/1 on SkyBet last time I checked, chucked a couple of quid at it.

ETA: 12/1 now.

A nice example of why looking at  next manager odds are pointless.

Not sure how much he will actually know about their appointment plans.

Proper delusion of hope makes me believe hes spoken to a Belfast based journalist who's told him its unlikely theyll go for TW.