Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

As the esteemed Mr Positive has alluded to, Shaun Rooney has apparently signed a pre contract with us. 

We’re also signing Lasse Sorensen - a 6’1 Danish midfielder - on loan from stoke and are after a striker. 

all of that is being reported by the rarely wrong Scott Burns  

#Dece

Edited by Kyle

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

As the esteemed Mr Positive has alluded to, Shaun Rooney has apparently signed a pre contract with us. 

We’re also signing Lasse Sorensen - a 6’1 Danish midfielder - on loan from stoke and are after a striker. 

#Dece

You're definitely getting a LIKE for that flattery 😜

Also worth noting. He turned down Dundee as he wanted to play in the PREMIERSHIP. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

You're definitely getting a LIKE for that flattery
Also worth noting. He turned down Dundee as he wanted to play in the PREMIERSHIP. 

Let’s get stuck into this mob tonight.

38 minutes ago, Kyle said:

#Dece

2 options for striker I'm told.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

2 options for striker I'm told.

Watt are they Tam, any idea?

46 minutes ago, Kyle said:

#Dece

After a good signing in McCart, this is also positive.  Rooney pops up with the odd goal and has got a bit of height to help in the box.  I guess Sorenson will be a back up for Murray

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would people prefer Watt or MacLean? Presuming both wanted a similar wage.

Watt, without a doubt 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would people prefer Watt or MacLean? Presuming both wanted a similar wage.

Be very disappointed with either TBH. I always liked Watt and was a bit of a defender of his when he was missing easy chances, but his time with us has surely come and gone. He didn't operate as a penalty box poacher even though repeatedly asked to, and that's what we need right now.

Macca, absolutely no way unless it's as a coach, a role I expect he'd be good at. His fouling will only get worse as he gets slower. Too much of a liability.

Time to try something different. Macca is done at this level and Watt can't doesn't score enough. 

Although there is an argument that Watt could be an effective partner for May or Hendry. 

Around three months until the end of the season.Thats about the extent of Watt's interest in playing for a club so a short term deal should be safe enough.

Hearts will be watching this rubbing their hands. 

We have a clear problem playing against forwards with movement. Killies big donkey on Sat. Ikpeazu no problem. It's been a trend in our defeats from the likes of Hibs as well. 

Naismith & Boyce with a bit of movement, were in trouble. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Hearts will be watching this rubbing their hands. 

We have a clear problem playing against forwards with movement. Killies big donkey on Sat. Ikpeazu no problem. 

Naismith & Boyce with a bit of movement, were in trouble. 

I think you're overthinking a game against a team who's miles ahead of the league.

Naismith and Boyce are good, but are in no way close to Griffiths or Edouard. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think you're overthinking a game against a team who's miles ahead of the league.

Naismith and Boyce are good, but are in no way close to Griffiths or Edouard. 

We got absolutely shagged from Doidge and Kamberi. What's the difference?

If we defend like we have tonight you won't win any games. I don't care if it's Celtic. 

You cannot simply not track movement, allow attacking players to meet crosses into the box without competing for the ball. 

All our wins this season have came against sides with big donkeys or slow old b*****ds up front. I've been thinking it for weeks. This isn't just because of tonight. There's a clear trend.