Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

49 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Getting fed up with financial shite (especially since@RandomGuy informed us of our 1 million quid loss), so changing the subject.......
I notice on transfermarkt.co.uk that our old mate Maksim Maksimov is currently without a clubemoji848.png

This will sound ridiculous, especially since it's me telling you, but I think he got banned from football for a year or two due to an illegal transfer.

13 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Geoff Brown has doubled down on Steve's outlook..

Added context.

Struggling like f**k to understand quite what they're trying to achieve with all this.

"when you can't even get 1500 season tickets sold after the success we had.

"Cant think of anything we haven't done to try and improve it."

I mean... Really? 🙄

They could of actually had season tickets available after the 2014 final rather than waiting till 5 mins before the following season started for one... 

They're many things but they seem to be able to run a football club financially, so Geoff Brown saying fan ownership wouldnt work likely puts that to bed.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This will sound ridiculous, especially since it's me telling you, but I think he got banned from football for a year or two due to an illegal transfer.

Almost there.   When he signed for RFS Riga last summer he received a four month ban for signing for Vardar Skopje whilst still under contract at Trakai.

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I mean... Really? 🙄

They could of actually had season tickets available after the 2014 final rather than waiting till 5 mins before the following season started for one... 

Really?

how about stop with things like:

" we won the cup, but it was shit because we did not get any money"

"Europe, thats a bit shit really, look at how much it costs"

Last few weeks the club has really been on a bit of high, a young squad begining to find its feet, future looking good?  Even a bit of belief we could do something against Celtic and carry on the cup run (yes Steve last time I looked we are on a cup run, still).....Na f**k that in wade the Broons once again to stomp over those green shoots.

No wonder folk are put off.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

*It could work for Saints but I think we'd drop a level.

How much do folk think it would take to buy Saints? I'm actually thinking of making an offer.

*Fan ownership that is.

Honestly thing for all their talk, they cant/wont let the club go....there will always be some excuse "Asset strippers", "Fan ownership wont work", "Not the right type of people" ect etc etc

I mean... Really? [emoji849]

That was 6 (six) years ago. Let it go.

Nah I'm in the cup camp here. Brown himself mentioned in his interview there. Said it before and I can't be arsed going over old ground but the club are partly to blame, it's barely up for debate.

Anyway, Geoff Brown is obviously an astute enough business person there's no question but 1986 couldn't be further away from the current situation, not just in terms of 34 years.

Then, the club were languishing about the bottom tier, playing in a good as derelict stadium in front of a few hundred people. It's not the same beast and in no way can that time and the failed share issue then be used as a barometer now as to how fan ownership might work.

For all the good Brown and his son have done for Saints it must be remembered that they/the club got extremely lucky with the financial aspect of the Muirton/McDiarmid move - a set of very fortunate factors that have probably changed the face of this club forever.

Now, it's time for further change.

For such astute business men, someone really needs to give them some training in Sales!

I mean, if they really do want out/shot of the club, going on about how shit it is to be involved with, how crap it is to be successful on the pitch, and how pathetic the fans are, is hardly selling it to any potential suitors is it?

Imagine trying to sell your house... Aye it cost me a fucking fortune, roof leaks, cold, damp and council tax is sky high. The gardens great, nice and big, but that'll cost you more in the summer! Oh and as for the neighbours? Yeah there aren't quite as many as you'd have if you lived in central Edinburgh, Glasgow etc... but they're always round helping out with stuff and supporting us when we're struggling a bit. Who the f**k wants that eh? Fucking nosey c***s!

All in all, it's shite! Want to buy it? 

They're many things but they seem to be able to run a football club financially, so Geoff Brown saying fan ownership wouldnt work likely puts that to bed.

Just because he’s says it wouldn’t work doesn’t mean it’s gospel. He’s said they tried all sorts to get people through the gates following the cup success but we all know that’s a load of bollocks.

I’m with Tam, fan ownership could work but we’d have to accept that we might not be able to compete at the top level anymore. In the long term though it could be a good thing.

Could the Browns manage to sound anymore miserable in those articles? Time for them to go IMO they aren’t excited about running the club anymore and that’s a problem.

Just because he’s says it wouldn’t work doesn’t mean it’s gospel. He’s said they tried all sorts to get people through the gates following the cup success but we all know that’s a load of bollocks.

I’m with Tam, fan ownership could work but we’d have to accept that we might not be able to compete at the top level anymore. In the long term though it could be a good thing.

Could the Browns manage to sound anymore miserable in those articles? Time for them to go IMO they aren’t excited about running the club anymore and that’s a problem.
As long as the club isn't owned by "fans" like you.

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

As I say, I've no real idea how it would work with us so I'm out my depth talking about it. I think you need a figurehead to lead it and I'm not sure of anyone who stands out as being that? 

St Mirren had Gordon Scott put money in, Les Hutchinson paid for Motherwell then allowed the fans to take charge, and Hearts obviously had Budge. The most obvious example of a rich, local, businessman with links to the club is Steve Brown 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.