Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'm not one for boycotting because it's whatever club. I also get the whole 3 stand thing as @RandomGuy. Said our fans simply not coming along is partly to blame. We're losing money now due to the playing budget that lets be honest, we can't afford. 

The same set of fans demand new signings and new contracts on a budget we have yet some haven't been for years. Especially those on twitter giving it big mouth about these issues. 

What I do have a problem with though is £30 this Sunday followed by £25 against Rangers next weekend.

Burning the candle at both ends much... Cant give them 3 stands and rip your own fans off as well and expect people to be alright with it. 

If they'd said for the cup tie. 3 stands but £25 for an adult, £1 for kids or £20 for an adult £10 for kids people would have been much more inclined to be accepting of the idea. Instead They're just being greedy. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm not one for boycotting because it's whatever club. I also get the whole 3 stand thing as @RandomGuy. Said our fans simply not coming along is partly to blame. We're losing money now due to the playing budget that lets be honest, we can't afford. 

The same set of fans demand new signings and new contracts on a budget we have yet some haven't been for years. Especially those on twitter giving it big mouth about these issues. 

What I do have a problem with though is £30 this Sunday followed by £25 against Rangers next weekend.

Burning the candle at both ends much... Cant give them 3 stands and rip your own fans off as well and expect people to be alright with it. 

If they'd said for the cup tie. 3 stands but £25 for an adult, £1 for kids or £20 for an adult £10 for kids people would have been much more inclined to be accepting of the idea. Instead They're just being greedy. 

You've no idea what Celtic wanted to charge, considering the price they charge their own fans for home games (kids paid £50 for an OF ticket last season), they likely pushed hard to avoid any cheap tickets.

We have less home fans per OF game than season ticket holders, theres every chance theres barely 100 Saints fans who pay the £30 to get in.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If they'd said for the cup tie. 3 stands but £25 for an adult, £1 for kids or £20 for an adult £10 for kids people would have been much more inclined to be accepting of the idea. 

Was of the opinion that price for Cup matches had to be agreed by both clubs as they share the gate money.  So the pricing is not just down to Saints

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Maybe they didn't agree?

Maybe they need cash more desparately than we do?

@RandomGuy. where are you getting this £1m loss from? First I've heard about us relasing half-year results or reforecasts. 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've no idea what Celtic wanted to charge, considering the price they charge their own fans for home games (kids paid £50 for an OF ticket last season), they likely pushed hard to avoid any cheap tickets.

We have less home fans per OF game than season ticket holders, theres every chance theres barely 100 Saints fans who pay the £30 to get in.

10 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Was of the opinion that price for Cup matches had to be agreed by both clubs as they share the gate money.  So the pricing is not just down to Saints

It doesn't have to be agreed. If you fail to come to an agreement there's a standard price used based on host clubs stand amounts. Which is less than what we're all being charged. 

Saints have agreed to these prices. 

The prices for the Morton game were applied using those rules set confirmed by SLO. 

Screenshot_20200217-194651.thumb.jpg.dd1960b749fd81e64ce52d1594483a75.jpg

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I don’t particularly like the three stands thing but I do understand it and find it difficult to argue with it. I think Saints are in danger of losing season tickets over it. Some people get a bit possessive and would take the seat home if they could. Now you can suggest they are wallopers all you like but they are what they are.

Been keeping an eye on this 3 stand situation from a far. With the current losses the club is making it really is impossible not to do it from an objective onlooker. I’d love to be in a situation where every club could tell the old firm to poke it but with the utter monopoly/duopoly whatever it is of the Scottish fan base that those clubs have its not really possible. I understand why it’s putting saints fans off but you have to do the balancing act of on-field success relative to other similar teams or principles which could see you drifting towards relegation. 
I have been debating the morals of every other club in the country charging old firm fans a fortune for tickets. The other 10 clubs charging each other £20 a ticket or whatever and the old firm £40, can’t decide if that’s morally fair or not, it would clearly never happen regardless. 
It’s just a reflection of the average scottish football fan however which is just so depressing and it makes you question what the point is In being so engaged with Scottish football when it’s inherently tilted in the favour of two teams by hordes of simpletons who get a perverse pleasure out of watching teams who almost can’t fail to win with their resources inevitably win. The fact a team who has established themselves as comfortably top tier are in this position is just a damning indictment on Scottish football. It’s likely the same in other provincial European countries but it’s just sad that if people from the highlands to the borders and everywhere in between just supported the team their area represented this wouldn’t really have to happen. 

if Celtic and rangers are both playing at home what percentage of Scottish football fans out watching matches are supporting two out of the 42 clubs? It must be close to 50 percent, it’s just utter lunacy but it’s just so accepted as the norm. 

Comparing the League game vs Celtic to this one - the comments on social media are night and day.

Whilst many people said before “it’s a good business decision” the vast majority of comments now are “this is a bad move” and “not for a cup game.” It would seem even most of the happy clappers have turned, with some even going as far as saying that we might as well have switched the game to Celtic Park to make more money out of it.

Plain and simple this is just utter greed from St. Johnstone and a slap in the face for the fans.

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Comparing the League game vs Celtic to this one - the comments on social media are night and day.

Whilst many people said before “it’s a good business decision” the vast majority of comments now are “this is a bad move” and “not for a cup game.” It would seem even most of the happy clappers have turned, with some even going as far as saying that we might as well have switched the game to Celtic Park to make more money out of it.

Plain and simple this is just utter greed from St. Johnstone and a slap in the face for the fans.

You want a sub pal?

Yes. You continue to stay away because you cant have some mulled wine in the car park before the game, and continue mocking anyone who understands why Saints, who are losing almost £1m a year just now, are desperate to get more income in (HINT: IF STAY AWAY FANS TURNED UP EVERY WEEK, THIS WOULDNT BE A DISCUSSION).
I'm sure it makes you feel better to take some moral high ground and just flat out ignore the fact you're part of the reason this is happening.
That's the best post you've ever made Bawb.

I'm not one for boycotting because it's whatever club. I also get the whole 3 stand thing as [mention=45470]RandomGuy.[/mention] Said our fans simply not coming along is partly to blame. We're losing money now due to the playing budget that lets be honest, we can't afford. 

I get your point, but Saints can't decide the Cup prices themselves, it has to be agreed by both clubs.

You want a sub pal?

No thanks, Tam. Now that I’m officially not going to the game my missus will be coming up north to visit me and we’re going to go out for some Caribbean food. Then I’ll probably go to the pub afterwards to see the start of the game, pint in hand, put my feet up and enjoy the warm glow of the log fire and the soft, calming chit chat of my fellow man in the background. It’s going to be bliss.

No thanks, Tam. Now that I’m officially not going to the game my missus will be coming up north to visit me and we’re going to go out for some Caribbean food. Then I’ll probably go to the pub afterwards to see the start of the game, pint in hand, put my feet up and enjoy the warm glow of the log fire and the soft, calming chit chat of my fellow man in the background. It’s going to be bliss.
Aye, as long as she doesn't pick something off the menu that's more than a fiver.

Would be nice if the club came out with something explaining if any options were explored ie us getting the ormond or ticket prices, we’ll just have to wait and see.  I would have liked us to get the Ormond and would’ve been happy paying £20 but it is what it is and I will still be going. 

I’ve seen a couple of comments on social media regarding Kristen Robertson recently. I don’t think the fans are warming to her. Also heard a few reports from the fans forum that she is very out of touch with the fans. 

3 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Maybe they didn't agree?

Maybe they need cash more desparately than we do?

@RandomGuy. where are you getting this £1m loss from? First I've heard about us relasing half-year results or reforecasts. 

I’m curious as to where these figures are coming from as well? Any links @RandomGuy. @RandomGuy

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade