Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I don't mind Kerr trying to beat a man and taking a risk. No doubt we'll be punished for overplaying occassionally but I think it make us more entertaining to watch when we build from the back with a bit of tempo. I will always have a soft spot for Anderson and Wright but there's no doubt the ability Kerr/McCart/Gordon have when in possession of the football gives us a whole new dimension. It's changed the way we play.

Edited by Kyle

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I don't mind Kerr trying to beat a man and taking a risk. No doubt we'll be punished for overplaying occassionally but I think it make us more entertaining to watch when we build from the back with a bit of tempo. I will always have a soft spot for Anderson and Wright but there's no doubt the ability Kerr/McCart/Gordon have when in possession of the football gives us a whole new dimension. It's changed the way we play.

Personally I think he seems just a wee bit short of acceleration and close control so seems to run himself into trouble a bit but also sometimes the decision-making is a bit suspect (taking a man on when there's a safer out ball.

But charging through the middle with a head of steam he's a bulldozer, which is a big advantage to playing with 3 CBs, so would not mind seeing that tomorrow. 

Also noticed that it was Drey Wright that was being kept back to cover counters from set pieces in the second half on Wednesday, to get Kerr up to that back post position he likes. I think this is also a good thing. 

(until Drey sells the jersey then it's clearly a terrible idea). 

15 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Kane does get a hard time, especially on social media. He gave me one of my favourite moments as a Saints fan though and is a #lad IMO

What a great finish. Perfect first touch and slots home from a tight angle. 

For the most part Chris Kane has looked a total donkey at this level, but he’s our donkey and there’s something endearing about him. Lifetime deal pls Tommy.

9 minutes ago, Doctor said:
2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
3pm on the Sunday for the Scottish cup tie. 
Was always going to be Sunday but at least it's not half 12. 

Will it be on tv do we know

Scottish Cup quarter-final ties:

Hibs vs Inverness | Live on BBC Scotland | Friday, 28 February, kick-off 7:45pm
Heart of Midlothian vs Rangers | Live on Premier Sports | Saturday, 29 February, kick-off 5:30pm
St. Mirren or Motherwell vs Aberdeen or Kilmarnock | Live on BBC Scotland | Saturday, 29 February, kick-off 7:20pm
St. Johnstone vs Celtic | Live on Premier Sports | Sunday, 1 March, kick-off 3:00pm

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Chris Kane has a St Johnstone tattoo.

So do half the east stand. 

They shouldn’t get contracts either. 

(Before anyone starts yes ... hold up play, drawing fouls, work rate, club servant etc etc but in my humble opinion we can do better in that position).

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

So do half the east stand. 

They shouldn’t get contracts either. 

(Before anyone starts yes ... hold up play, drawing fouls, work rate, club servant etc etc but in my humble opinion we can do better in that position).

Disagree. Give tam footballer’s wages.

On 30/06/2019 at 13:14, Kyle said:

I noticed on twitter yesterday that we’d signed a guy going by the name Rudy Bou from Kennoway Star Hearts u17s.

And less than a year later, hes been released and has returned there.

10 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Pretty sure he’d take Kane’s just to stop him getting them. 

Kane does have some redeeming attributes, he has to, it's his professional fucking job. I'm with you though, Saints can do better and have done throughout my lifetime. It's only lately that we've had pretty poor strikers, it probably coincides with our most successful spell too, imagine O  Boyle in our European times of late, would have been joyous.  When I think of some of the strikers we've  had in various leagues we've been in Kane is nowhere near their level. He's not even a Peaso, more like a headless Chris Hay.

Brogan, Brown, Grant, O Boyle, Wright, Dodds, Scotland, May, there's been loads of quality (i included Brown to see if anyone reacts).

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Kane does have some redeeming attributes, he has to, it's his professional fucking job. I'm with you though, Saints can do better and have done throughout my lifetime. It's only lately that we've had pretty poor strikers, it probably coincides with our most successful spell too, imagine O  Boyle in our European times of late, would have been joyous.  When I think of some of the strikers we've  had in various leagues we've been in Kane is nowhere near their level. He's not even a Peaso, more like a headless Chris Hay.

Brogan, Brown, Grant, O Boyle, Wright, Dodds, Scotland, May, there's been loads of quality (i included Brown to see if anyone reacts).

Geoff or Molly?

You missed Willie Watters.

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Been wanting to check this for a while but kept forgetting. Looking back through the league seasons, the players who played as central strikers (I think) and the goals they got...

09/10 - Sheridan (6), Peaso (6), Deuchar (5), Samuel (5), Milne (1), Johansson (1) - 24 goals

10/11 - Parkin (4), Samuel (2), May (2), Jackson (1), Haber (1) - 10 goals

11/12 - Sandaza (14), Sheridan (4), Haber (2) - 20 goals

12/13 - Vine (7), Hasselbaink (7), MacLean (5), Tade (4) - 23 goals

13/14 - May (20), MacLean (8), Hasselbaink (5), Fallon (1) - 34 goals 

14/15 - Graham (9), MacLean (2), Kane (1) - 12 goals

15/16 - MacLean (14), Cummins (7), Kane (4), Sutton (1) - 26 goals

16/17 - MacLean (10), Cummins (5), Kane (5) - 20 goals

17/18 - MacLean (9), Kane (3), Johnstone (2), McMillan (2), Cummins (1) - 17 goals

18/19 - Kane (3), Watt (2), McMillan (2), Hendry (2) - 9 goals

19/20* - Hendry (5), May (4), Kane (1) - 10 goals

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

the players who played as central strikers

It has been stated many times and on the club website that MOH is a striker. Tommy has played him there. You could add a couple of more goals to your list

To be fair, Kane's scoring rate in the second tier will match or outstrip a few of them.

Just now, nelsjfc said:
2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

To be fair, Kane's scoring rate in the second tier will match or outstrip a few of them.

Pffft. Second tier?

We don't really need second tier strikers.