Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would people prefer Watt or MacLean? Presuming both wanted a similar wage.

Be very disappointed with either TBH. I always liked Watt and was a bit of a defender of his when he was missing easy chances, but his time with us has surely come and gone. He didn't operate as a penalty box poacher even though repeatedly asked to, and that's what we need right now.

Macca, absolutely no way unless it's as a coach, a role I expect he'd be good at. His fouling will only get worse as he gets slower. Too much of a liability.

Hearts will be watching this rubbing their hands. 

We have a clear problem playing against forwards with movement. Killies big donkey on Sat. Ikpeazu no problem. It's been a trend in our defeats from the likes of Hibs as well. 

Naismith & Boyce with a bit of movement, were in trouble. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Hearts will be watching this rubbing their hands. 

We have a clear problem playing against forwards with movement. Killies big donkey on Sat. Ikpeazu no problem. 

Naismith & Boyce with a bit of movement, were in trouble. 

I think you're overthinking a game against a team who's miles ahead of the league.

Naismith and Boyce are good, but are in no way close to Griffiths or Edouard. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think you're overthinking a game against a team who's miles ahead of the league.

We got absolutely shagged from Doidge and Kamberi. What's the difference?

If we defend like we have tonight you won't win any games. I don't care if it's Celtic. 

You cannot simply not track movement, allow attacking players to meet crosses into the box without competing for the ball. 

All our wins this season have came against sides with big donkeys or slow old b*****ds up front. I've been thinking it for weeks. This isn't just because of tonight. There's a clear trend. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

We got absolutely shagged from Doidge and Kamberi. What's the difference?

If we defend like we have tonight you won't win any games. I don't care if it's Celtic. 

You cannot simply not track movement, allow attacking players to meet crosses into the box without competing for the ball. 

All our wins this season have came against sides with big donkeys or slow old b*****ds up front. I've been thinking it for weeks. This isn't just because of tonight. There's a clear trend. 

Wallacd Duffy was CB against Hibs, remember...

Two days now, without distraction, for any transfer business to be completed, before the huge game on Saturday. Assume Vihmann leaving is just a matter of time.

Can't see any issue with this Sorenson deal if its legit, so just leaves a striker to be speculated about.

Means squad depth for the rest of the season will be...

GK - Clark, Parish, Johnstone

CB - Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Duffy

WB - Booth, Tanser, Wright, Ralston

CM - Holt, Davidson, McCann, Wotherspoon, Sorenson, Craig

ATT - May, Kane, Hendry, MOH, Swanson, NEW ST

Seems about right, in terms of players per position, if we stick with 3-5-2, with the knowledge Wotherspoon, MOH, Wright and Swanson can all play on either flank if needed.

Be interested to hear how many Saints fans were there tonight to see how much of a negative impact the seating arrangement had.  Trying to work it out based on the amounts each stand holds.

Crowd of 8743 apparently, which might include all season ticket holders regardless of attendance?

Am I right in thinking that's the biggest crowd at McDiarmid Park since November 2001 @Radford ?

Shame it's the only way to do it, and you have to try to blank out their pish, but it was nice to see McDiarmid almost full under the lights just for a wee change.

Be interested to hear how many Saints fans were there tonight to see how much of a negative impact the seating arrangement had.  Trying to work it out based on the amounts each stand holds.
Crowd of 8743 apparently, which might include all season ticket holders regardless of attendance?
Am I right in thinking that's the biggest crowd at McDiarmid Park since November 2001 [mention=6873]Radford[/mention] ?
Shame it's the only way to do it, and you have to try to blank out their pish, but it was nice to see McDiarmid almost full under the lights just for a wee change.
Crowd was only 7900

33 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
39 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:
Am I right in thinking that's the biggest crowd at McDiarmid Park since November 2001 [mention=6873]Radford[/mention] ?

Crowd was only 7900

Is that people who actually attended the game or tickets sold 

47 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Am I right in thinking that's the biggest crowd at McDiarmid Park since November 2001 @Radford ?

I’ll be honest I remember the days we had this set up anyway and best rangers 3-1 that game was used in a football soap. It makes sense and if I’m honest second half was far better than first. If we played that way in first we had a chance. Maybe not being a main stand ticket holder I thought the players appreciate the fans more.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As much as he is a moaning wee white had his problems always thought griffiths is a good striker shame he hated us.