Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

We just cannot help it. 

Gifting fucking goals. 

Cant blame them for that today, it wasnt even near the box and the ref gave a penalty.

Getting McCart in, moving Booth to either LWB or the bench, and signing someone capable of playing as a right wing back, and we could probably be a passable bottom half side.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cant blame them for that today, it wasnt even near the box and the ref gave a penalty.

Getting McCart in, moving Booth to either LWB or the bench, and signing someone capable of playing as a right wing back, and we could probably be a passable bottom half side.

Basically Rooney and McCart then! 

29 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Basically Rooney and McCart then! 

Yeah that was my thinking, depends how good they are I suppose.

Feels like that would be enough to see us limp over the line before this Summers major rebuild.

Wright saying on sportsound that he’s hoping to bring in McCart before Wednesday. 

If we manage that, move out Vihmann and stick with the shape then that’s probably enough in terms of the defence for this window. I’d love Rooney too but I think that’s asking a lot of ICT. 

If we still have McCann this time next year we'll be doing very well. If we don't get a large sum of cash for him something has gone very, very wrong.  For a guy that's just turned 20 last month he plays such a mature game, uses the báll well, always finds himself in space for a pass and can make space for himself to move it on and is starting to offer a goal threat. Really good to watch.

When Liam Gordon returned from his injury, we'd just lost 4-0 Motherwell, sat bottom of the league, and had conceded 33 goals after 14 games.

Since Gordon returned?

Games: 8, Won: 4, Lost: 1, Goals Conceded: 3

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Kyle said:

Gordon and Booth have made such a huge difference. Kerr is back to something approaching his best too. 

If McCart comes in, who do you drop from todays team?

Thats a genuine question, worried the tone comes across more aggressive than I mean it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

If McCart comes in, who do you drop from todays team?

Thats a genuine question, worried the tone comes across more aggressive than I mean it.

Tanser maybe - and play Booth as a wing back? 

Just now, Kyle said:

Tanser maybe - and play Booth as a wing back? 

Tanser set up both goals today, does Booth offer the same threat going forward?

Nice to be discussing which in form player you drop, tbh.

Wright saying that McCart will ‘hopefully’ join up with the squad in the next 24-48 hours. 

Drey Wright went off today with a hamstring niggle. Unleash Duffy on Wednesday 😳

Edited by Kyle

Next Saturday's match with Hearts is the big one. As dirty as it feels to be saying it, hopefully they lose tomorrow, as if they do we'll have a chance of going 12 points ahead of them.

With this in mind, should we select a lot of fringe players for the Celtic match on Wednesday and just settle for the draw?

Edited by PauloPerth

Tommy Wright's post match interview when he said something along the lines of "listen, i've not said anything in public that i haven't said in private, I'm speaking up for my club because I care about it so much and it's frustrating"

F*cking on yersel Tommy, let's get that statue built

7 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
Finish from Spoony. 

FYI - that's him scored as many league goals as Matty. 

Hes probably scored as many in 600 minutes this season as he has in the last three seasons.

Really stepping up when we need him.

31 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Tommy Wright's post match interview when he said something along the lines of "listen, i've not said anything in public that i haven't said in private, I'm speaking up for my club because I care about it so much and it's frustrating"

F*cking on yersel Tommy, let's get that statue built

TOMMY WRIGHT last night joked his old school reports said he talked too much and liked to be disruptive in class.

But the St Johnstone manager insists he stands by EVERYTHING he said about the club’s transfer dealings.

Wright flamed their way of working and has upset his bosses at McDiarmid Park for being so outspoken.

But the Northern Irishman insists he’s only got the club’s best interests at heart. He said:

“Most of you in here know me and what I’ve always tried to do is look after my club and speak passionately about my club.

“I’ve said what I’ve said - I won’t be taking it back.

“I think one of my school reports did say that I talk too much and was a bit disruptive in class.

“So maybe I’ve ruffled a few feathers, but hey-ho.

“My frustration is at times that we could be more proactive than reactive.

"We’re waiting until the last seven days of the window.

“But listen, I’ve said enough.”

Wright is trying to bring Jamie McCart in from Inverness after he penned a pre-contract and with Drey Wright now nursing a hamstring injury reckons the need for players is obvious. He said:

“We’re trying to get McCart in and we’re trying to get a midfielder in to replace Murray Davidson but I’ll certainly have to sit down.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes probably scored as many in 600 minutes this season as he has in the last three seasons.

Really stepping up when we need him.

Always feel he's been hard done by last 3 seasons. Whenever he plays regularly he contributes goals and assists. Tends to get dropped for the 'bigger' names but goal for goal and assist for assist i doubt any of them matched him.