Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

But Berra is not a top flight quality centre half these days, as seen by the fact he’s a stand out liability in an absolute dog meat side. Surely there has to be better available? 

I'd hope so, but what do you do if there isnt?

Obviously if Saints sign Berra on the same terms he's on at Hearts for the next 18 months its a joke of an idea but if he's on reduced terms, not drastically affecting our budget and on a short term contract there are far worse things the club could do. He has said he wanted to end his career at Hearts so it's probably not even realistic but it would be preferable to Wallace Duffy. 

I don't think I expressed myself well. I was saying that Berra will be poor value due to his high wages. I agree we need a CB but we don't need to be spending at that level IMO. 
If we can afford what Berra's on, we need that up front. Agree with your point on wingers but it's a striker that we're needing. 

Totally agree

2 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Bidding War ££££££

It barely makes sense to sell Kennedy this window as it is, it would be absolutely moronic to sell him to a team we're battling relegation with.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It barely makes sense to sell Kennedy this window as it is, it would be absolutely moronic to sell him to a team we're battling relegation with.

Agree. Seems to be quite a few Saints fans who are happy to let him go for a decent amount of cash though. It’s what the club will probably end up doing but I really can’t understand why personally. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Agree. Seems to be quite a few Saints fans who are happy to let him go for a decent amount of cash though. It’s what the club will probably end up doing but I really can’t understand why personally. 

It reeks of someone, somewhere, trying to force Aberdeen to act this window rather than dragging it out any longer, to me.

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

If selling him is the only option which allows us to strengthen our central defence. I would sell him (even though he has been one of our better players) we have cover MOH, Wotherspoon and Swanson.

6 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

What a about a swap of Kennedy for Berra and Mulraney? 

tenor.png.e4a3e0daca74194b7af687112c380671.png

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

Selling him to Hearts would be imbecilic. Hearts could literally be the team that keep us up this season. No fee they would realistically pay us now would make up for us going down.

Raith Rovers once assumed they were fine, so loaned Lewis Vaughan to relegation rivals Dumbarton. 

Guess who got relegated and who survived...

Hearts will need to throw a lot of money at this on two levels. Firstly to convince Kennedy to sign a PCA with a club not guaranteed to be in this league and then to get Saints, a club in no discernible financial trouble, to sell their most effective attacking player to the club that arguably stands between them and their best chance of avoiding relegation.

We really are giving Saints no credit at all here by even discussing the second part of that though. 

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Hearts will need to throw a lot of money at this on two levels. Firstly to convince Kennedy to sign a PCA with a club not guaranteed to be in this league and then to get Saints, a club in no discernible financial trouble, to sell their most effective attacking player to the club that arguably stands between them and their best chance of avoiding relegation.

We really are giving Saints no credit at all here by even discussing the second part of that though. 

Saints recent transfer dealings deserve no credit!