Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

22 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

And obvious we have excess players who are needing shipped out first and foremost

I've obviously zero idea how it works, and whats ongoing, but statements like this give me the proper fear we're holding off confirming signings until we've released folk, as if the potential signings are just going to wait 3 weeks and not be targeted by other clubs. We know for a fact the likes of Anderson, Swanson, and McMillans wages are gone in the Summer.

They can't afford to f**k up this window.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've obviously zero idea how it works, and whats ongoing, but statements like this give me the proper fear we're holding off confirming signings until we've released folk, as if the potential signings are just going to wait 3 weeks and not be targeted by other clubs. We know for a fact the likes of Anderson, Swanson, and McMillans wages are gone in the Summer.

You're worried that were holding off?

It's almost a certainty in my mind that players won't be coming in until some leave. 

The fact players go in the summer won't matter at all until the summer. Club are already in a position where they're losing money, regardless of the 4 billion pounds were getting from the glory hunter punters. I'd expect were going to make a similar loss financially this year again like last year as it is. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

You're worried that were holding off?

It's almost a certainty in my mind that players won't be coming in until some leave. 

The fact players go in the summer won't matter at all until the summer. Club are already in a position where they're losing money, regardless of the 4 billion pounds were getting from the glory hunter punters. I'd expect were going to make a similar loss financially this year again like last year as it is. 

Well I'd expect us to be working on deals, considering the manager said he wanted another defender 3 months ago. If we're working on deals, but aren't going to finalise anything until someone is sold, then to me thats holding off on signing people. Theres absolutely no guarantee at all Swanson or Callachan will leave, so is the plan to just not sign anybody if that happens?

Our next game is almost exactly two weeks away. We fucked about and fucked about in the Summer, ending up hitting the Cup with a mishmash side and no idea of our best line up, and got papped out. I can fully see us fucking about, Gordon picking up another injury, and thats us back to Duffy starting games. Our first league game against Livingston, you're expecting the new signings to be bedded in, and the manager to know his best side for the next round of fixtures, we can't be hitting that game with the same squad we have.

Frankly the fact the only chat around the club is that nothing is imminent because everyone is on holiday, and that we won't sign anyone until folk leave, is terrifying.

I agree with RandomGuy to be honest. We absolutely need a defender and spending £40k on one for a few months and staying up is surely better than keeping the £40k in our pockets now but potentially losing out on millions if/when we get relegated in the summer. 

I think we need to approach things much differently in the summer. We’re obviously going to have more money spare than we did in 2019 but we also have to at least try and engage with supporters even during spells of  quiet behind the scenes. The amount of Ill will on social media which really festered in the summer past is still underlying  and I think it’s why so many fans jumped on the bandwagon so quickly, especially when the Stevie May deal collapsed.

Still, there’s 24 days left in the window. I’d like to see something... ANYTHING... happen before Morton so that we can build some positivity going into the cup campaign. 

Edited by Kyle

17 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Changing the subject a bit but I was told that Paul Smith was back working for the club in a different capacity.

Surely that can't be right....? Someone's getting a bit confused telling me that right?!

Paul back in charge of lottery.

My view, for what it’s worth, is that we won’t sign anyone of known quality. The January window is notoriously difficult to find anyone available or that will want to come to us as their first choice. We might be able to pick up the odd loan here or there but those are always a bit hit or miss as we’ve seen with those we already have. Add in that we have to get rid of players first which looks unlikely with Callachan the only whisper I’ve heard is anyone being interested in. We’ve spent a fair amount of time letting people who know who is available but nothing happening. Vihman is still here from what I can see so that kind of suggests we can’t just punt him back to where he came from.

It’s all a sad indictment of the club’s transfer policy that we have plenty players but a load that we don’t want and quite a few that have hardly even played. Someone needs to take responsibility for the signing/scouting policy which is frankly abysmal.

I was merely stating it's obvious our squad bloated with wastage who haven't been near a squad for weeks/months in some cases.
It wasn't me saying that the club won't bring someone in until folk leave as you have posted on WAP!
Is it any wonder why I've stopped posting as much.
I would probably send you into cardiac arrest if I told you some of stuff I know from years gone by.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I was merely stating it's obvious our squad bloated with wastage who haven't been near a squad for weeks/months in some cases.
It wasn't me saying that the club won't bring someone in until folk leave as you have posted on WAP!
Is it any wonder why I've stopped posting as much.
I would probably send you into cardiac arrest if I told you some of stuff I know from years gone by.

download.gif.a90d0c975cf553c5d52a15a628aa2d1d.gif

11 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Its not just you thats saying that.

18 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
35 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
Changing the subject a bit but I was told that Paul Smith was back working for the club in a different capacity.
Surely that can't be right....? Someone's getting a bit confused telling me that right?!

Back just doing the lotto. Nothing else

They didn't need an employee to do the lotto though as it was handled by Mr O 🙄 he's not left... 

I of course don't have the first clue about what went on but do we just create jobs for friends of the Chairman... 

On 05/01/2020 at 01:30, the west curve said:

St Johnstone  are selling their soul to the devil. I will never go back there now. Bigots should be stopped and not encouraged. Shame on Brown.

I thought you were a Kilmarnock fan?  Is that wrong?

If so did you refuse to go and watch us when we gave the OF big chunks of our stadium?  Including 3 stands to Celtic when they won the title in 2013?  

I agree with RandomGuy to be honest. We absolutely need a defender and spending £40k on one for a few months and staying up is surely better than keeping the £40k in our pockets now but potentially losing out on millions if/when we get relegated in the summer. 
I think we need to approach things much differently in the summer. We’re obviously going to have more money spare than we did in 2019 but we also have to at least try and engage with supporters even during spells of  quiet behind the scenes. The amount of Ill will on social media which really festered in the summer past is still underlying  and I think it’s why so many fans jumped on the bandwagon so quickly, especially when the Stevie May deal collapsed.
Still, there’s 24 days left in the window. I’d like to see something... ANYTHING... happen before Morton so that we can build some positivity going into the cup campaign. 
I don't disagree with BawbagGuy in this instance, but how do we know that the club isn't close to getting something over the line? No news doesn't mean nothing's happening.

I don't disagree with BawbagGuy in this instance, but how do we know that the club isn't close to getting something over the line? No news doesn't mean nothing's happening.
Nail on head. Club always kept cards close to their chest and only a fool would think we have not been carrying out due diligence on potential options for Jan 20 and June 20

3 minutes ago, The Marly said:

but how do we know that the club isn't close to getting something over the line? No news doesn't mean nothing's happening.

I'm wrong 99% of the time so I'm hoping my wee cry tonight will goad the fates into making us sign someone tomorrow.