Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

49 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Be interested to know where everyone draws the line on making extra cash? 

I don’t think the Rangers getting forced to start in League 2 comparison is a bad one, if it wasn’t for fan pressure Steve Brown would have happily let them have started in the Championship. This sets a precedent, and not a good one. If a title race was unfolding and we had one of them later on in the season would we be fine with raising ticket prices to £100 knowing they’d still sell them?

The home fans experience has been firmly relegated in the priorities when making this decision, and it seems strange to me a section of our fanbase aren’t even willing to listen to alternative viewpoints that finances aren’t the be all and end all without saying people ‘have low IQ’s,’ if they disagree with the decision, or slagging those who aren’t in a position to attend every match. 

You look at both Motherwell and Kilmarnock, two clubs who haven’t outperformed us over the last decade on the pitch, but are both miles ahead off it. Bigger clubs, yes, but also a recent history of putting their fans first and creating a them against us mentality that has reaped rewards. 

This is lazy. So lazy. 

I don’t disagree with this post, I think I just see this as less of a big deal than you do. 

just in case this post harks back to my post from earlier re fans looking for excuses not to go. I’m not meaning the people who genuinely can’t afford it or work shifts and on some Saturdays they can’t go. I know plenty of people who claim to be saints fans but always have an excuse not to go. ‘Oh it’s too expensive’ - If That gets removed then it’s ‘oh but it’ll be too cold’ and it just keeps going and going. 

just to be clear! 

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

What would happen if say, the Celtic and Rangers supporters trusts come out and said they were boycotting McDairmid? 

We'd cut our budget accordingly, obviously. 

All teams lose home support when the bigots arrive in town but I think it is more to do that those games are nearly always on tv.

I cant recall a buddies game against them at home that hasn't been on tv in recent years, and if the weather is shit its easy just to stay in and watch it.

Sky and BT help to cause this by their policy that they very rarely ever show a live game from the bigots ground, unless they are playing each other.

Ibrox and Parkhead would have large areas of empty seats if they had a live game against the diddy teams in the league. 

I have been listening to the bigots songs for 50 years and that doesn't stop me going, but being live on tv in shitty weather can and does. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

You'd cut £500,000 from your budget?! 

What else would we do? 

Theres absolutely no chance its happening anyway so this is all a bit pointless, what would Dundee do if Dens was hit by a meteor tomorrow?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

What else would we do? 

Theres absolutely no chance its happening anyway so this is all a bit pointless, what would Dundee do if Dens was hit by a meteor tomorrow?

I'd reckon there is as much chance of it happening as St Johnstone making £500,000 from the games like you were claiming earlier. 

We'd probably laugh, it'd save on repairs and rent. No idea what Bennett would do though. Do you want his email address to ask him? 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

But we don't bend over for the blue pound.

You’re not in any kind of position to do so regardless to be fair. This only concerns the big teams I’m afraid. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What else would we do? 

Would likely confirm our new stadium to be built at least.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

You’re not in any kind of position to do so regardless to be fair. This only concerns the big teams I’m afraid. 

That big that you're shuffling your whole support into one stand to watch the famous Glasgow teams run riot with their infamous song book.

I'm so very jealous.

My main issue in this is longer term. Relegation is still a realistic possibility this season and at the start of any other season if we are honest. IF this does piss some season ticket holders off to the point they don’t renew what will the club do in the championship? Cut cloth accordingly? Couldn’t that be done now?

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'd reckon there is as much chance of it happening as St Johnstone making £500,000 from the games like you were claiming earlier. 

How much will we make from these games then? 

Then multiply it by 3, then tell me our most recent loss.

Then take a second to realise why this is happening 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Saints are between a rock and a hard place with this decision - financially they really have no other option. They've clearly tried to attract fans locally but it just isn't working.

Is there a reason why local fans won't support their local team?

I work most Saturdays so have to pick and choose my games, can usually make a midweek game depending on when I finish as well.

Yeah, residents of Perth are turning to OF due to the availability of seats a few times a season. Pish.

It’s not pish, that’s all it takes for some Perth people - one visit to McDiarmid to see their beloved Celtic/Rangers because they can finally get a ticket for once and then they’ll keep pretending they are loyals.

Don’t tar me with the same brush, this decision fucking stinks. Back to Pittodrie it is lads. Farewell.