Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'd guess  less than 1500 once hospitality is taken into account. Maybe 900 or so for general punters once everything else is taken into consideration.
And let's be honest, if it became an issue the club would move the fans back.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also in sure it's just coincidence that its Dundee and Dunfermline fans, both of whom regularly have wee rants about how we must be cheating because we're better than them with smaller crowds, who are leading the charge here.

I'd like to see a quote of this, please. 

If you don't mind. 

Not really - we're a small club and we've been punching above our weight for over a decade. Just look at some of the clubs languishing in the championship and league one. It's a move I don't particularly like but agree with because it will help keep us competitive.
I'm just being realistic here. The club have tried everything to increase the home support against Rangers and Celtic (and in league games generally) but nothing has worked. Allowing more away fans in - as we also do with Hearts, Hibs, the Dundee clubs, Aberdeen etc -  makes sense.
We've relied on off field activities for as long as we've been at McDiarmid Park to supplement our income. That side of the business has been doing very well (or so I hear) but the footballing side has seen a drop in crowds and therefore a drop in revenue. Saints have found a measure (a pretty simple solution, really) as a last resort to arrest that. 
I can see why Saints fans - including people I usually agree with like Ali - are unhappy with this and I can see why outsiders are seeing this as a PR disaster. It is a terrible look, I don't disagree, but the money outweighs the perception here for me. 
When Random sees you posting that Saints are punching above their weight, he's gonna have a major meltdown [emoji16]

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Be interested to know where everyone draws the line on making extra cash? 

I don’t think the Rangers getting forced to start in League 2 comparison is a bad one, if it wasn’t for fan pressure Steve Brown would have happily let them have started in the Championship. This sets a precedent, and not a good one. If a title race was unfolding and we had one of them later on in the season would we be fine with raising ticket prices to £100 knowing they’d still sell them?

The home fans experience has been firmly relegated in the priorities when making this decision, and it seems strange to me a section of our fanbase aren’t even willing to listen to alternative viewpoints that finances aren’t the be all and end all without saying people ‘have low IQ’s,’ if they disagree with the decision, or slagging those who aren’t in a position to attend every match. 

You look at both Motherwell and Kilmarnock, two clubs who haven’t outperformed us over the last decade on the pitch, but are both miles ahead off it. Bigger clubs, yes, but also a recent history of putting their fans first and creating a them against us mentality that has reaped rewards. 

This is lazy. So lazy. 

I'm calling folk like you thick because you're continuously claiming "putting fans first" is the answer, despite the fact the club have put fans first (lower prices, lower OF allocations) for the past decade and havent had any benefits from it.

What's your answer to combat the lack of fans? Tell us all what the club should be doing to raise crowds?

5 minutes ago, The Marly said:

When Random sees you posting that Saints are punching above their weight, he's gonna have a major meltdown emoji16.png

Of course we are, our average crowd is mid table Championship at best. If the clubs dont find alternative revenue streams then that's where we're headed.

Unless, of course, we start gaining points because our fans are happier than everyone elses.

Just now, ali_91 said:

This is a terrible post. I support St Johnstone, go to significantly more games than you do, and I have put my point of view across without insulting any of my fellow fans. Better yourself. 

That's got literally nothing to do with my point.

Explain to me, since I'm thick, how the club should be increasing the support size?

Any "sensible persons" on here no sure if the "thick people" will know this! But for some reason I see a few comments about East stand having more season ticket holders than the main stand is this (can we have a split number) true or fiction?    

Edited by Center half

Explain to me, since I'm thick, how the club should be increasing the support size?

Part of the point is people on Twitter are having less of a meltdown and being less insulting about World War 3 than you are on here.

9 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

This is a terrible post. I support St Johnstone, go to significantly more games than you do, and I have put my point of view across without insulting any of my fellow fans. Better yourself. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The pitchforks are being turned on each other and the wheels are coming off the tractors. Glorious.image.png.cd3acccc56de08d9322a46fc857e373f.png.5e9299a58bd67a793d60da16e8e0494d.png

2 minutes ago, Center half said:

Any "sensible persons" on here no sure if the "thick people" will know this! But for some reason I see a few comments about East stand having more season ticket holders than the main stand is this (can we have a split number) true or fiction?    

Fiction. We have enough season tickets to fill roughly 50% of the main stand. 

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

Part of the point is people on Twitter are having less of a meltdown and being less insulting about World War 3 than you are on here.

It's frustrating as f**k to see people slating the club and claiming reduced OF allocation would see the support increase, despite the fact we've been doing that for most of the decade and the crowds have actually dropped.

It's frustrating as f**k to see people slating the club and claiming reduced OF allocation would see the support increase, despite the fact we've been doing that for most of the decade and the crowds have actually dropped.

Everyone gets frustrated at things that happen at football clubs. You’ve had a go at Saints plenty of times but there are two sides to this one. I think that it’s difficult to argue the financial position but again I think they’ve handled it badly. And I don’t see it as a huge sacrifice, I’ve don’t it before, but others will. I think Saints will lose season ticket holders over this.

Its 2 games a season where you let the Rangers/Celtic mob come through and fill up Perth for a hefty payday. If saints get cuffed then boo-hoo and on the off chance they nick a point or a win then its more teary eyed old firm fans raging down the A9. 

5 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

I’d rather get fucking relegated than sell out your soul to cravenly seek a few extra pounds from those contemptible mutants.

Have some self-respect.

Easy to say when your average support is over 10k and you've got an owner pumping millions in.

Edited by RandomGuy.

17 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

‘I’m calling people like you thick,’ was literally the first line of your post, so it clearly does have something to do with your post. 

The club clearly have good initiatives, a family stand with great prices, an experience for disabled fans that is apparently second to none, great hospitality, good experience in the Ormond stand by all accounts, and yet our PR is brutal.

Our mantra for the last however many years appears to have been ‘build it and they will come.’ Whereas it should have been ‘build it, market it and they will come.’ We’ve been successful on the pitch, but the few noises that do come from the club are mostly negative.

Look at the Stevie May saga in the summer. A returning hero, who captured the imagination of Perth as a whole, not just Saints fans. We wait until the end of the window and sign him with absolutely no fanfare. Cup final missed opportunity has obviously been used to death, but we are so reactive in our marketing. 

If this is the only way to get more bodies through the door then it’s a damning indictment of how the club is being run from a marketing point of view, which isn’t a dig at the boy doing it just now, who has had some good initiatives himself, it’s the culture around the club. 

I cant agree, at all, that better PR would see crowds rise.

The instance of May? The first two folk I spoke to after he signed just laughed and said he was shite/waste of money. That's the mentality of people around Perth. That's not all the clubs fault.

13 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

I’d rather get fucking relegated than sell out your soul to cravenly seek a few extra pounds from those contemptible mutants.

Have some self-respect.

If we only could all play in a one club city of 200k people 150 miles away from Glasgow.