Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Getting financial advice from fans of clubs who have had Admin events in the past decade, and a club who rely entirely on an ageing millionaire paying their debts off every season.

Great stuff.

This argument is flung about a lot and is the absolute most moronic argument out there. Individual fans don't have an impact on their clubs finances. Quite irrelevant what's going on or has gone on at their respective clubs. There's been plenty of discussion around both scenarios you mention. Today's news is that you lot are bending over backwards to cash in on the sectarian duo and this is a multi-club forum therefore anyone can comment.

For what it's worth, if this happened at Dens, I'd just stop attending OF games full stop. Wouldn't be surprised if this puts off some of the hardcore support that attend these fixtures already all just for the OF pound.

Football is more than money and selling your club's integrity for around 150k-200k when you're already one of the most profitable (By that I mean, you're one of the few clubs practically guaranteed to be in the black without resorting to this) clubs in Scotland is scandalous.

Just now, HibsFan said:

Can't wait to visit McDiarmidgrad in the group stages of the League Cup this summer.image.png.cd3acccc56de08d9322a46fc857e373f.png.8e140fd50be03b89ca41a1b3dcc27b8a.png

Impossible for a couple of reasons.

1) We'll still be a top seed because of our league placing.

2) We'll be getting turfed out of the Europa league by some Armenian outfit again after finishing 4th AND winning the Scottish cup for good measure. The extra money this decision will provide will allow us to sign at least 2 or 3 genuine world class players.

BOOKMARK IT (don't really)

100%.
Our fans have been at the club to reduce the OF allocation for over a decade. It took us getting rid of that c**t MJ to the club finally take notice.
So excuse me for knowing the feeling amongst the Killie support.
At least your mob won't need to play the OF in the league for the foreseeable.

What has my mob got to do with this ?
St.johnstone say finish 3rd in the league, how much do you reckon attendances would raise by?
This is a team who has did well over the years ( including cup final like yourself) and still zero extra fans are coming through the door with the best prices to bring fans in.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Football is more than money and selling your club's integrity for around 150k-200k when you're already one of the most profitable (By that I mean, you're one of the few clubs practically guaranteed to be in the black without resorting to this) clubs in Scotland is scandalous.

We're making six figure losses every season just now. We've not been "profitable" for a while.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

What has my mob got to do with this ?
St.johnstone say finish 3rd in the league, how much do you reckon attendances would raise by?
This is a team who has did well over the years ( including cup final like yourself) and still zero extra fans are coming through the door with the best prices to bring fans in.

This guy gets it. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're making six figure losses every season just now. We've not been "profitable" for a while.

What's going on at your club then?! How much is Tommy Wright overspending? You were reeling it in with your funeral teas/concerts etc not that long ago.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Getting financial advice from fans of clubs who have had Admin events in the past decade, and a club who rely entirely on an ageing millionaire paying their debts off every season.

Great stuff.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Remember these two posts anytime you're about to take RG seriously on any subject ever again.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's going on at your club then?! How much is Tommy Wright overspending? You were reeling it in with your funeral teas/concerts etc not that long ago.

He's spending the budget he's been given which is essentially what every manager does.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We had a year of very little funeral teas while the road was being built. Tommy isn't overspending, he spends what he's given. We are running at a loss because we can, basically. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

We had a year of very little funeral teas while the road was being built. Tommy isn't overspending, he spends what he's given. We are running at a loss because we can, basically. 

Well, that kind of flies in the face of bending over for the sectarian pound. Or are you just doing it for the shits and giggles?

At present the allocation is around 4,500 anyway! Before the games people are standing with handfuls of tickets for sale just now! so how can we be sure there will be another 2000 ticket sales to be had when they do not seem to have the uptake on these 4,500 now?  

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Well, that kind of flies in the face of bending over for the sectarian pound. Or are you just doing it for the shits and giggles?

Na, we're doing it because we like hoarding the stuff. We tried all the stuff folk have spouted on this thread and the culmination for the board was the last home game versus The Rangers,  we had our lowest home crowd. No matter how anyone wants to spin it, we are trying to safeguard our future and I'm all for that shit.

Just now, Center half said:

At present the allocation is around 4,500 anyway! Before the games people are standing with handfuls of tickets for sale just now! so how can we be sure there will be another 2000 ticket sales to be had when they do not seem to have the uptake on these 4,500 now?  

I think it's done on a ballot system is it not? Fans  that can't make games are allocated a ticket and money removed from their account and they end up having to sell them. Whether or not they can return them is anyone's guess, but generally speaking the away stands look pretty damn full when Rangers and Celtic are in town. The home stands, not so much.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Na, we're doing it because we like hoarding the stuff. We tried all the stuff folk have spouted on this thread and the culmination for the board was the last home game versus The Rangers,  we had our lowest home crowd. No matter how anyone wants to spin it, we are trying to safeguard our future and I'm all for that shit.

And then it goes back to the point that, you shouldn't need to resort to this to make some money. There's just certain things you shouldn't do for an extra £150k-200k IMO.

Fair enough - if you were relying on this money to dig your club out of an impending financial doomsday event, but as I've said, St Johnstone were one of the more profitable clubs in Scotland and shouldn't need to resort to this. Don't think we'll agree on this one Tam, so I'll stop cluttering the thread.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think it's done on a ballot system is it not? Fans  that can't make games are allocated a ticket and money removed from their account and they end up having to sell them. Whether or not they can return them is anyone's guess, but generally speaking the away stands look pretty damn full when Rangers and Celtic are in town. The home stands, not so much.

You are correct Kyle, but it must still be the case even members of the OF don't want to go to these games if they don't take up their ticket so maybe we have already reached the limit for them? only time will tell I suppose!      

22 minutes ago, Dele said:

It's a bit silly having a pop at fans of clubs with financial mismanagement then is it not? 

Not when we're actively trying to increase income to prevent it, no.

We had enough saved to gamble on a few seasons of reduced income to get more home fans, the exact thing everyone is mewling about what we should be doing. It didnt work out so now we've to find other methods.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Top flight squads cost money. We increased our budget to remain competitive with the rest of the league, but the fans didnt respond so a shortfall appeared. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Center half said:

You are correct Kyle, but it must still be the case even members of the OF don't want to go to these games if they don't take up their ticket so maybe we have already reached the limit for them? only time will tell I suppose!      

Yeah you could well be right. I suppose that's why the club have said it's a trial and not just the norm at this stage.

If the uptake is there from the old firm clubs I reckon this will be the new policy though.