Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Others might not care, but I've found old WAP threads about who would replace Lomas...

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/wapforum/index.php?/topic/19808-possible-replacements/#comments

And then when TW was announced...

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/wapforum/index.php?/topic/19818-welcome-tommy-wright-our-new-manager/&tab=comments#comment-567114

I'm trying to make any form of point, at all, but I just found it interesting to read back knowing what we know now.

I absolutely detested Lomas and had some real reservations about Tommy.

I dread to think what shite I've spouted in there.

14 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I absolutely detested Lomas and had some real reservations about Tommy.

I dread to think what shite I've spouted in there.

Theres a lot of people desperate for Mixu.

After reading that Saturdays 2-0 defeat was our biggest league loss in paisley since 1939 I was having a conversation with a mate in which we both recall a game at love street where we had a couple of players sent off and we feel like we got pumped that day but neither of us can remember the score. I’m sure it was a game that Kirk Broadfoot stood on the ball showboating. Can anyone help with what the score was? 

After reading that Saturdays 2-0 defeat was our biggest league loss in paisley since 1939 I was having a conversation with a mate in which we both recall a game at love street where we had a couple of players sent off and we feel like we got pumped that day but neither of us can remember the score. I’m sure it was a game that Kirk Broadfoot stood on the ball showboating. Can anyone help with what the score was? 
Think that was 2-1

August 2004. We lost 2-1 that day. Michael Moore scored first for us before we got THREE players red carded:  Sean Webb, Eddie Malone and Moore himself.  John Baird scored the winner in the last few minutes. Steven Anderson made his debut as a trialist. 

Team: McGregor, Anderson, Weir, Webb, Tait, Malone, Stevenson, Hannah, Sheerin, Moore, Hay. 

Subs: Cuthbert, Rutkiewicz, McManus, M Fotheringham, Hardy. 

Halcyon days. 

Edited by Radford

Others might not care, but I've found old WAP threads about who would replace Lomas...
http://www.weareperth.co.uk/wapforum/index.php?/topic/19808-possible-replacements/#comments
And then when TW was announced...
http://www.weareperth.co.uk/wapforum/index.php?/topic/19818-welcome-tommy-wright-our-new-manager/&tab=comments#comment-567114
I'm trying to make any form of point, at all, but I just found it interesting to read back knowing what we know now.

Some great stuff in there, enjoyed reminiscing about some of the mental posters that used the site back then. Presume Alec Cleland is still waiting for the right opportunity to go into management.......

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

That'll have them queuing up. Better leave the pub 30 seconds earlier today.

I've always assumed that tweeter(?) was you...

Get McCann on a 5 year deal tomorrow.

Absolutely this. First time I’ve seen him in the flesh for 90 minutes today and thought he was superb. For a teenager to have that level of composure and energy is superb and he was just everywhere. He needs to be starting every week on that form.