Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Been looking up other sides who've been winless after 8 games and where they then finished...
19/20 - St Johnstone (4 draws, 4 losses) - tbc
17/18 - Partick (3 draws, 5 losses) - Relegated, Kilmarnock (3 draws, 5 losses) - 5th
15/16 - Partick (3 draws, 5 losses) - 9th
13/14 - St Mirren (2 draws, 6 losses) - 8th
09/10 - Falkirk (3 draws, 5 losses) - Relegated
05/06 - Livingston (2 draws, 6 losses) - Relegated

This season diddy clubs are the strongest and most evenly matched in years, going to go to the wire for the two bottom places.

Just been thinkin' there, cause who'd want to concentrate on work while at work...

Much better from Wallace Duffy at the weekend. Looked solid enough and certainly didn't put a foot wrong defensively. More of that please Wallace. 

Not great in possession but its not like we've had many defenders who've been great ball players in recent times, defend first and foremost. 

Since we're all about the xG these days...

EGtM6hWWsAI8YGa.thumb.png.8a8eb429fd2e0b99d12d5f7f876ca95c.png

The further right they are on the graph, the higher their xG is. 

Looks like the chances will be there for May, it'll just be up to him to take them.

I think your weakness is the defense, mainly crentral back, the team isnt sure and the rest of the team feel that... without shaunnesey you should have signed another experience (or two) central back for playing with kerr

maybe some free player could do a job, who knows scottish football, or british football at least

I though you were picked hendry on loan from celtic in summer....

Generally our support was onboard with the idea of signing Declan Gallagher and many disappointed when we didn't. Despite him being convicted of battering someone with a baseball bat in a hotel yet so many were deeply against signing Goodwille despite him never facing a criminal trial for his alleged crime? 

Ignoring the fact that Goodwillie isn't actually very good isn't there a bit of inconsistency going on here?

Particularly when many used the reasoning "were a family club..." Etc. 

Before people get all on their high horse too I'm not saying he's innocent or guilty or whatever. Simply pointing out the inconsistent views.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Have I missed a chat about us going for Declan Gallagher??

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3845153/st-johnstone-livingston-declan-gallagher/

Tommy confirmed the internet etc. 

57 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

You're about 6 months late. Tommy Wright announced we were signing him with some heavy pass agg salt in March.

Carry on though lads, I'm interested to see where this conversation goes.

I know I'm probably going to get pelters for it but plenty Saints fans were outraged about the thought of singing Goodwillie while he was training with Saints etc. Yes I know what he's alleged to have done but when there was not a single peep about Gallagher. Just questioning the inconsistency.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Hi lads, I've got another wee song out. It's about the general positivity I felt on my graduation day, before finding myself still living with my parents two years later. Tragic. Anyway, feel free to give it a like or share if you enjoy it, but just a view would be more than appreciated.

10 hours ago, capt_oats said:

You're about 6 months late. Tommy Wright announced we were signing him with some heavy pass agg salt in March.

Carry on though lads, I'm interested to see where this conversation goes.

9 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3845153/st-johnstone-livingston-declan-gallagher/

Tommy confirmed the internet etc. 

I know I'm probably going to get pelters for it but plenty Saints fans were outraged about the thought of singing Goodwillie while he was training with Saints etc. Yes I know what he's alleged to have done but when there was not a single peep about Gallagher. Just questioning the inconsistency.

I knew we were linked to him back around March time.  I was just wondering why it had come up now, as in has it been brought up somewhere?

If anyone has some time to pass, we've currently got Falkirk fans in their League One thread claiming Geoff Brown "bankrolled us for decades".

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

If anyone has some time to pass, we've currently got Falkirk fans in their League One thread claiming Geoff Brown "bankrolled us for decades".

Nothing like people making shit up. 

Simple question for them is what amount and when did he inject cash to bankroll us after the takeover etc was completed. 

Oh wait. Never. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Spoiler

lol