Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

Kane and the wingers were offered zero support from the midfielders. I thought Duffy tried to support MOH on the right but was rubbish at it and proved more of a hindrance than a help and Tanser was weirdly slow to get up the pitch on the left. Definitely need to be more ambitious at home. 

Duffy did over lap, then recieved the ball and shat it, several times. Just cross the fucking ball you useless piece of shite.

18 minutes ago, Radford said:

Monday bingo: What business do folk think will happen tomorrow? How many players in and names if you want, then how many out and who? 

What I want? If there were no worries about balancing the books...

In: Experienced first team quality RB, back up LB to push Tanser, CM with some form of ability on the ball and both ends of the pitch, ST to compete with May and provide another option.

Out: McCann on loan to a Championship side, Hendry on loan to a Championship side, McMillan to the sea

Leaves a squad of:

Spoiler

GK: Clark, Parish

DEF: New RB, Duffy, Kerr, Gordon, Anderson, Vihmann, Tanser, New LB

MID: New CM, Muzz, Craig, Callachan, McLean, Wotherspoon, MOH, Wright, Kennedy, Swanson 

ATT: May, New ST, Kane

Anderson ideally kept around purely for dressing room impact and numbers, we now have two for every back four position. Callachan and McLean better to be sitting in the stands while McCann develops at a more suitable level. Same with Hendry, better to get him regular games at a level he fits at, than have him in the stands.

What I'm expecting?

In: Ralston (loan), a complete random midfielder we've not been linked with yet

Out: One of McLean or Callachan on loan

TW to say we're still exploring the free agency for a LB so there's no rush there. Lack of bodies going out meant nobody could come in.

New CM to be wedged into the side for the first three games, before being dropped and slowly slipping into the ether before leaving in January. 

Imperative - Right back of starting quality. Duffy looks like a youth player thrown in to the men’s game and I’d worry about him as cover this year, never mind as our starting right back.

Really could be doing with - Left back cover of a sufficient level to challenge Tanser. Don’t think he’s been great this season and knowing his place is safe regardless can’t be helping. 

In an ideal world - A centre midfielder who can do a bit with the ball and keep things ticking. McCann looks promising, and has made this less vital for me, but could do with a proven option in there. A centre back as well who can be a bit nasty. Kerr and Gordon are both promising, but the back four/five is far too young, and is lacking a massive character. 

Out - Callaghan is ok but really no more than that, no loss. Anderson looks finished, cut throat game and if we can get him out and save a wage we really need to. If McClean isn’t going to play then get him back out on loan, helping nobody him sitting in the stands. McMillan obviously if someone comes in for him. 

It’s funny, because after all these seasons, I think the one player who can actually help this team and formation is David Wotherspoon, on the left hand side. Let Kennedy come onside and try and create something and float around like he wants to do anyway. Spoony will always show for a ball and try and create something as well.

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

It’s funny, because after all these seasons, I think the one player who can actually help this team and formation is David Wotherspoon, on the left hand side. Let Kennedy come onside and try and create something and float around like he wants to do anyway. Spoony will always show for a ball and try and create something as well.

I too think the teams needs him, either on the wing, full back or defensive midfield. I think he could do a job in anyone of those positions and he would be my captain. I still believe Tommy gave the captaincy to Kerr because he would being almost every game season.I yet to see his captains quality shine through quite the opposite it has hindered his game 

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I get that folk are saying they expected us to be struggling after the first six games, and that kilmarnock finished third last season so would always be a tough game.

But let's not kid ourselves, that is a dreadful result. Killie had scored one goal in 3 matches, they're out the league cup, and were put out of Europe by a Welsh minnow. There are major doubts about their new manager. They have very few forward options, their support are crying out for new forward players, and had a makeshift defence featuring a player they only signed yesterday.

And we absolutely gift a goal to a team who have barely had any shots at goal this season, let alone scored many.  A team who are notoriously hard to break down when they get ahead, and love sitting in protecting a lead.

The other thing is we've given a potential rival a kick-start to their season. In a league where it looks like there won't be a Dundee style safety net filling bottom place, we want to isolate someone down there and let the panic start to grow. Instead, killie are now off and running and will probably build on this result.

Really poor all round.

No they’re not.

I've said a few times I think Wotherspoon is best on the left, gives the midfield a balance.

Can't help but feel it's just the latest straw we're clutching too though. This Summer we've decided we'll be fine when Gordon comes back from injury and strengthens the defence, when Kennedy comes back from injury, when Wright comes back from injury, when we sign a striker, when we sign a central midfielder, and now when Wotherspoon is back from injury.

Easy and simple to say after a defeat, but you're looking at the manager at this stage. I dont want him gone, far from it, before anyone starts, but hes a long way from what brought him success now. 

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

The roll of honour for that goal:

Tanser shite free kick

Duffy gifting possession to killie

Tanser going darting past Duffy instead of dropping back to give him an option the way he is facing

McCann not fouling at halfway. Did it well and took his booking v Livi 

Gordon for not winning and clearing the ball 

Duffy for knocking it towards his own goal to the killie player 

McCann possibly unlucky in making the challenge that bounced up perfectly for the killie player to finish

And Chris Kane of course.  It was obviously all his fault. Grrrrrrrrrr...

That performance from Kane yesterday was one of the worst i've seen in terms of utter ineptness

but it got me thinking...

how f*cking rotten must David McMillan be?

That performance from Kane yesterday was one of the worst i've seen in terms of utter ineptness
but it got me thinking...
how f*cking rotten must David McMillan be?
Very.

17 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

And Chris Kane of course.  It was obviously all his fault. Grrrrrrrrrr...

What a bizarre post.

Kane was abysmal yesterday and regularly stunted us on the rare occasions we caught Killies back line on the hop, the two times he, literally, stopped the ball and ran away from it, perfect examples.

That's why people are angry at him. He didnt even do much off the ball closing down, yet is still being praised for it. 

Also is Ali McCann Northern Irish?

Born and raised in Edinburgh I believe. Also no mention of Ali McCann in the Irish squads at all, so that must be a mistake!? Unless it’s the under 19s?

Right here’s the team I think we need to get on the pitch and one which will win points -

Clark

Duffy/New RB - Kerr - Gordon - Tanser

Davidson - Craig/McCann

Wright - Kennedy - Wortherspoon

May

Chris Kane was terrible yesterday, absolutely nothing worked for him, but to suggest he didn’t close down or his attitude was shocking is just plain wrong. He never stopped running.

Kane is coming up for 25 now, he needs to find more consistency. Playing like he did last week then the next week turning in a performance like yesterday is no use to us.

I appreciate the matches played out different ways but he was holding the ball, linking with others, turning his man and more at Hibs, then yesterday does none of that.

He's not a bad player but he is an inconsistent one and when we have such a young squad, a guy of his experience can't get away with that.