Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Pathetic, its obviously a tragedy, but this is utter pandering.
I think you can make a case, if you really want to, for the minites silence before the game. The 2nd minute thing tho [emoji23][emoji23] get that right in the bin. Fans can do that bit extra during the game if they so wish.

Organised grief at its worst.

I think you can make a case, if you really want to, for the minites silence before the game. The 2nd minute thing tho [emoji23][emoji23] get that right in the bin. Fans can do that bit extra during the game if they so wish.

Organised grief at its worst.

Don’t worry, that’s an unofficial twitter account run by an absolute zoomer.

I’m assuming there will, quite rightly, be a minute’s silence on Sunday before the game. If Rangers fans want to have a minute’s applause in the second minute they’re absolutely welcome to it.

14 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I’m assuming there will, quite rightly, be a minute’s silence on Sunday before the game.

I dont see why there should be? Cant think of a single time we've had one at McDiarmid for a player who didn't play for us or for a scottish league legend, apart from the bizarre time we were all forced to acknowledge the death of Nelson Mandela.

If an ex-Saints player died, we had a minutes silence at McDiarmid, and then went to Ibrox a few days later, would you expect them to acknowledge it?

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont see why there should be? Cant think of a single time we've had one at McDiarmid for a player who didn't play for us or for a scottish league legend, apart from the bizarre time we were all forced to acknowledge the death of Nelson Mandela.

If an ex-Saints player died, we had a minutes silence at McDiarmid, and then went to Ibrox a few days later, would you expect them to acknowledge it?

Nelson Mandela deserves far more respect than Fernando "let's w**k in the isle on a club flight to a European fixture" Rickson imo.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

100% this, for me. Just reading that sounds ridiculous, so why should it be any different with roles reversed.

Saints pander to them enough already.

100% this, for me. Just reading that sounds ridiculous, so why should it be any different with roles reversed.
Saints pander to them enough already.

Just to clear things up, there’s been nothing official from saints on any form of media to say they will be going anything!?

I do not see anything wrong with the minutes silence on this occasion. There are extenuating circumstances due his age and the battle he fought with his terrible illness. I see it as a minutes silence for being a role model for those young people who suffer terminal illness. Yes they had one on Thursday night this can be construed as Scottish football acknowledging the battle he and others face. 

39 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

As Radford says, that’s just a fan account and is maybe bollocks, but organised minutes applause in a specified minute are absolute nonsense in all situations. No exceptions.

Rangers fans having a minutes applause to show their respect in the second minute, followed by a rendition of ‘f**k Bobby Sands, he’s deed,’ in the third. #respect

There was a minutes silence on Thursday, no need for one tomorrow imo. 

Thats fair enough. 

I did notice the discrepancy in levels of respect for dead people on Thursday night but didnt really want to get involved tbh. Its like bamgong your head off a brick wall with these c***s anyway. 

I am all for raising the profile and attracting funds for MND. Maybe instead of mourning the passing of Ricksen indefinitely though, folk cpuld get behind Davie Hagen in a similar way. 

Or maybe Davie isn't high profile enough for some to be worth so many inches of their facebook page. 

3 minutes ago, Templar said:

I do not see anything wrong with the minutes silence on this occasion. There are extenuating circumstances due his age and the battle he fought with his terrible illness. I see it as a minutes silence for being a role model for those young people who suffer terminal illness. Yes they had one on Thursday night this can be construed as Scottish football acknowledging the battle he and others face. 

So we all forget about what Fernando was like before he had the terrible illness? Wouldn't wish it to happen to my worst enemy but lets not forget the boy was a p***k no matter how much good work he did when dying, which nearly every c**t on the planet would do in his position. 

12 minutes ago, Templar said:

Birthday caird pish.

He was a player who arrived in Scotland, took illegal payments to help a club cheat to trophies, generally acting like a complete p***k the entire time and then left without leaving any noticeable mark.

Nobody should ever suffer the way he has, but frankly that's nothing to do with football, so should be kept away from it. If you want to hold a wee vigil for him do it in your own house.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Presumably the same folk who want a minutes applause for Ricksen, or at least think its something that should be done, will be staging one for the former Hearts player who died this week?

If not then it's very odd indeed..

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Let’s be honest this is because it’s on tv that saints have agreed to this.

Tbf theres no confirmation it's actually happening yet.

39 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I don’t like this ‘the battle he fought,’ as if those who have this horrible disease but die within a short space of time after diagnosis aren’t fighting just as hard. 

Do not want to get deep into this. Those that die of a terminal illness in a shot space of time do have a battle as do their families. It may be a few weeks, a few months  or years. I am speaking from experience. Nothing more on this topic from me. 

3 minutes ago, Templar said:

Do not want to get deep into this. Those that die of a terminal illness in a shot space of time do have a battle as do their families. It may be a few weeks, a few months  or years. I am speaking from experience. Nothing more on this topic from me. 

Most living people have been involved in various degrees of terminal illnesses with family/ friends , obviously it is worse when it is someone close,I certainly have. It doesn't excuse the type of people they are when living though. Be a nice person, you get treated nicely. If you're a  c**t expect to be called out on that, whether you take it on board decides how much of a c**t you  are #tamslifelessons

Not that you need it Templar,  no long till you meet your hero Frank Sinatra  :lol:

Billy McNeill was before my time but folk spoke very highly of him and obviously he has a significant role in Scottish football history because of 1967.

I still didn't think that Saints needed to have a minute for him.

Pivotal figures in a club's own history only please. And always a silence.