Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Worth remembering we had Rowan Vine on trial, for all the humour since he was quality for us and almost hit double figures, there is quality players out who will have a trial period first.
Worth remembering that was years ago and we had a different manager then.

You’ve also got the likes of Enckelmann who came up and played a friendly as a trialist because he wanted to check the club out before signing for us. Tanser started out as a trialist too. It can happen.

It probably hasn’t happened. But you never know. 

7 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

United have signed shankland 

The rumour a few days ago was £3k a week and a £200k signing on fee.

If we do end up signing May it'll probably be a loan deal. We've not paid a fee for a first team player since Danny Grainger a decade ago and I can't see Aberdeen letting him go for free.

All joking aside about May, I'd obviously be fan boyed out my nut at the prospect of him coming back, but he's only scored 16 goals in the 5 years since he left us. It'd be a big and a very expensive gamble for us, and given Wright's comment about looking for 7/10 players, I'm not sure May fits that description these days.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

We're minted Kyle, a crocked Stevie May is still better than Chris Kane and if it means more KC and the sunshine band I'm in.

Buy May and see if Hearts will give us Macca back. Might as well go full on 2014.

Mays contract runs until 2021.

To my mind that's the likeliest time he'll rejoin us as I cant see us paying the money Aberdeen likely want.

With the form hes shown at Aberdeen, I can't see any benefit to us signing him on loan.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

This would probably be a better option imo. Tommy will probably think he's along the same lines as Kane and Hendry though.

Have never seen Hendry that I am aware of but don't think Kane has improved much beyond when I first saw him (goal at Pittodrie in a St J's win if I remember correctly). I can't confidently say your club should take him but I think he'd do a job at most teams in the league, including mine.