• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Kyle

St Johnstone FC Thread

different position to Alston

Why can't you just say who it is instead of being a c**t?

Cracking signing from Falkirk however

Not even trolling. There is no way Paul Paton will sign for a side that's not exactly known for paying big wages just so he can sit on the bench. He will 100% be a starter.

If Paton signed then he would get plenty of game time as long as he remained less injured than Millar or Davidson.

I've heard that Paton will sign this week too.

What makes this post even worse is that I'm not even joking. :(

What kind of biff are you standfree? No one is a guaranteed starter. Tommy may say to a player that if fit and performing well I'll have you in the team but EVERYONE is a squad player. Absolutely everyone at Saints has been told this because TW ain't no biff like you.

I'm off on holiday tomorrow morning, lads. Catch you all later.

As far as I'm concerned, any future signing is rendered null and void if it takes place during my holiday (unless it's a good player and not Paul Paton).

Is it a RandomGuy holiday? Or an actual one where you have to travel more than 2 hours?

Santorini, Greece. I'm going with the family. It's for my cousin's wedding. If she wasn't getting married, we'd probably have headed to Pleasureland in Arbroath again.

Not even trolling. There is no way Paul Paton will sign for a side that's not exactly known for paying big wages just so he can sit on the bench. He will 100% be a starter.

Much like Sutton?

He will need to earn his place and will be behind certainly Davidson and Millar and possibly Alston initially

Binning Sutton and Lappin then signing Alston and Paton knackers our squad sexiness co-efficient.

Santorini, Greece. I'm going with the family. It's for my cousin's wedding. If she wasn't getting married, we'd probably have headed to Pleasureland in Arbroath again.

Very good. Only seen Santorini from the air when flying to Cyprus. Pretty small island, enjoy.

I'm sure he would jump at the chance to sign if he was told he would be a squad player at st Johnstone :lol:

Do you know anything about football? Everyone is a squad player, up to them to make it into the first 11, be that at St Johnstone or Barcelona, same principle different level. Paton has a contract with a championship club who don't want him, of course he would find it appealing to join a top side like Saints.

How is Alston 's hammer throwing?

I hear excellent. He'll fit in well then.

Alstons a tremendous signing for us, exactly the type of signing you want your club to make and shows real ambition from the club to maintain our level, fair play to them.

Wonder where he'll slot into the side. Wotherspoon is an absolute cast iron starter. Swansons similar, while Muzz is still one of the most reliable CMs in the country. Millars the obvious one to drop out, but we never quite look the same team without him. Maybe Alstons higher goal threat would just be the next evolution for this side?

Unless we plan to go back to a five man midfield.

Clark

Watson - Shaughnessy - Anderson - Easton

Millar - Davidson

Wotherspoon - Alston - Swanson

MacLean

Subs: Mannus, Scobbie, Mackay, Paton, Coulson, Cummins, Kane

Looks a very decent matchday squad for another top half push.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Great signing. Now if we can only find a defensive mid who isn't a racist, we'll be ok.

Alston will probably be average/pish for the first wee while. That's not a dig at him - Stewart, holt, McGinn all suffered initially making the step up.

What are the chances of the Saints fans turning on him or are you a generally patient lot?

I can't believe we actually got him! He's exactly the kind of player we should be going for and I'm really chuffed that is paid off.

No compensation either! 

2 or 3 signings to come. To be honest, I'd be happy with our squad as it is going into the league cup matches and I'm struggling to spot too many weaknesses, McKay and Sutton aside. We probably need another centre mid at some point during the window - maybe a striker/defender if Sutton/McKay are moved on as well.