Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Motherwell reject two bids, from Celtic and Barnsley, for Turnbull. Highest bid was £2m.

If Barnsley offered that £2m, then I'd hope we use that knowledge to try and force up the fee for Kerr.

1 minute ago, The Marly said:

I hope we just don't sell him.

Yup, bad feeling he only signed a new deal under the agreement when a certain amount was offered, we'd accept it. That's not based on anything other than my own guesswork/presumption though. 

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Personally, I think in his 6 years as manager, we know enough about TW's nature to know that we won't be going into next season with just Foster and this boy capable of playing at right back. 

If he does sign then it's an addition in the mould that McClean and Hendry were and there will be another right back as well. 

I think that would be enough.

If he's a decent option, then I'd be happy with the two of them. Worst case scenario, you get someone to play out of position, or a youngster to step up. I also think Drey Wright could play there quite comfortably, as his tracking back is superb.  

If we were to end up signing Joe again, would be interesting to see us play 3 centre backs in certain matches (e.g. away at OF) and use Wright as a right wing back, he's so good both going forwards and in defending.  Assuming he recovers his form of last season after the injury.

If we need a centre back who can also play full back, then surely it would be on the left side.

I wonder if it's just coincidence news of our move for a youth right back emerges the same weekend Nicky Devlin and Lee Hodson sign elsewhere. 

Nothing behind it but those two would be right backs I'd imagined we'd have been interested in.

10 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Nope, leave the recruitment to the professionals please. Enjoy the close season.

I cant unless theres rumours :lol:

Transfer window opens on Tuesday, forever hopeful we're waiting until after it opens to announce a deal.

A "number of Scottish Premiership clubs" apparently registered interest in Forest Green striker Christian Doidge.

Would require a fee, but would be an ambition signing and surely a statement of intent.

I realise we're unlikely to be interested.

A "number of Scottish Premiership clubs" apparently registered interest in Forest Green striker Christian Doidge.
Would require a fee, but would be an ambition signing and surely a statement of intent.
I realise we're unlikely to be interested.

Time for George Williams to put in a good word, just ignore Gavin Gunning and its all good.

Not a chance he’s signing for saints though, you’d imagine it’ll be Hibs and Aberdeen who’re looking at him, maybe Rangers as well.

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Maybe this is to do with the UEFA U19 Championships, for which McDiarmid is a host venue next month?

Personally think it's a real shame to see the original dugouts going. An iconic part of the stadium. 

Were the dugouts as old as the stadium?

Genuine question, always been curious since the scoreboard got updated about what's actually left (obvious stuff like seats and stands aside) of the original stadium.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Were the dugouts as old as the stadium?

Genuine question, always been curious since the scoreboard got updated about what's actually left (obvious stuff like seats and stands aside) of the original stadium.

Yes those dugouts have been there since McDiarmid Park opened.

I welcome the change. Embrace progress :)