Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Brown: "He is the worst sort of Bosman mercenary. Miguel got himself into a position where he was making demands on us that were impossible to meet. He has used Saints for his own ends. The Bosman ruling has changed the face of football for all time and we were faced with unrealistic demands from a player who has scored just three goals this season. There was no way on earth we could meet his terms of £3,000 a week. It was a waste of time even thinking about negotiations. On that basis a club like ours would be reduced to half-a-dozen players! Miguel seems to have landed himself a very good deal in Japan, so good luck to him. But, remember, this is a guy who isn't even a regular in the manager's starting eleven."

Simao: "I was dropped by Sandy Clark as soon as I rejected a new deal. The manager just seems to be a yes man - the chairman really picks the team. Saints are a shambles of a club."

IMG_20190324_135316.thumb.jpg.2c3b55bdc47acf8cdf86bce17453ae25.jpg

7 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

I left years ago after being called a 'knob' and an 'asshole' after questioning Saints' participation in an Armed Forces Day. Can't say I've missed it.

Did you really? That's a shame as that is something that certainly should be questioned. Politicising Saints can GRTF, irresrapective of the chairman's leanings.

I'm not interested in going anywhere near twitter for football chat. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like longer form where you can sometimes have a half-decen grown-up discussion. I'm actually interested in the team, and like hearing other people's considered views on games (eg pablo's posts). 

I'd like to hope there was room for both a fan's platform and mixed forum. like this one. 

On 24/03/2019 at 13:54, Radford said:

Brown: "He is the worst sort of Bosman mercenary. Miguel got himself into a position where he was making demands on us that were impossible to meet. He has used Saints for his own ends. The Bosman ruling has changed the face of football for all time and we were faced with unrealistic demands from a player who has scored just three goals this season. There was no way on earth we could meet his terms of £3,000 a week. It was a waste of time even thinking about negotiations. On that basis a club like ours would be reduced to half-a-dozen players! Miguel seems to have landed himself a very good deal in Japan, so good luck to him. But, remember, this is a guy who isn't even a regular in the manager's starting eleven."

Simao: "I was dropped by Sandy Clark as soon as I rejected a new deal. The manager just seems to be a yes man - the chairman really picks the team. Saints are a shambles of a club."

IMG_20190324_135316.thumb.jpg.2c3b55bdc47acf8cdf86bce17453ae25.jpg

I remember Gordon Smith slagging Saints off for lacking ambition for not being prepared to pay that wage.An absolute nonsense on our support, even though it was a good bit more then

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

I always find this thread a great source of information, debate, discussion and reaction. It helps that there’s not much trolling in here, and you see generally sensible fans having a discussion. The forum as a whole is also good for having other supporters viewpoints and the occasional verbal joust with rival supporters. 

I know that you’re meant to take other viewpoints on board and it’s good to have a variety of opinions, but We Are Perth and the banter page can be completely unreable with the hyperbole and knee jerk reactions. I don’t want to read people being genuinely offensive about our greatest ever manager. They’re entitled to say what they like, but I’d rather not read it. 

Basically all the shaggers are on here. 

Braw

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Good grief.

Does it really matter? Surely the more options the better? 

If there's a platform that doesn't interest you it's pretty easy to just ignore it ... I won't go anywhere near the FB banter for example.  Just not for me, but I can't imagine it would bother me if other folk are happy with it. 

I guess that if it provides a space for fans to talk to each that's the main thing. Might even generate some interest and engagement in the club which let's face it we could do with.