Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Decent window imo.

Yes overall in terms of improving areas of the team that needed it,  I.e. MOH pace and can play wide right in for Drey, Goss as a ball playing centre midfielder.

Cover (4th choice) at centre back is weaker, as is cover at striker with McMillan away.  Look forward to seeing Hendry get a couple of run outs.

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

Hopefully Goss is as good as Michael Doughty. 

On 09/05/2018 at 14:05, RandomGuy. said:

Sadford is pretty negative tbf. 

Wright's going to be great, I can feel it. 

Sadford makes a reappearance six months after casting doubt on Drey Wright...

Just now, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Busy day for Random today as well..I bet he has already been on Hamilton  Carlisle and QPR forums :lol:

I've been working tbh.

1 hour ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

But have you been any of the forementioned forums..Be honest now 

Been far too busy listing all my "RG<3Scougz" memorabilia on eBay tbh.

From the bit I've read about Goss, he does sound like the type of player we were missing. Liam Craig has done really well in adapting to fill the void but a natural ball player in there should improve us.

Negatives on him from Rangers fans seems to be he doesn't like the dirty side of the game, so maybe doubtful that he'll be thrown in on Sunday but equally, we need to keep and use the ball better against them. 

14 hours ago, Radford said:

From the bit I've read about Goss, he does sound like the type of player we were missing. Liam Craig has done really well in adapting to fill the void but a natural ball player in there should improve us.

Negatives on him from Rangers fans seems to be he doesn't like the dirty side of the game, so maybe doubtful that he'll be thrown in on Sunday but equally, we need to keep and use the ball better against them. 

Seems to have played very little senior football for someone who isn't especially young, but you can't beat a good direct free kick.

That Scougall's ended up with a short term contract at Carlisle probably speaks volumes. Other than brief mentions of Ayr and Dundee United there was virtually nothing in the way of rumours about clubs being in for him which I'd say was a bit unusual these days. I expected him to go to a bottom 6 Prem club, certainly not to a financially strapped English 4th division club. A surprisingly underwhelming end to a surprisingly underwhelming Saints career. 

1 hour ago, The Woolshed said:

Good result in Edinburgh today for us with Aberdeen winning. Really need a result on Wed while Hibs are at Celtic to put some daylight between us and 7th.

Agreed. If we can get through this horror run in the top six, then we'll be grand.