Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

He is indeed. Journalists in Ireland and rumours down Hamilton way seem to suggest he's going there on loan. I reckon if you came in and offered him a permanent deal he'd probably take it though. He's looked decent in his spells in the team but he's dropped down the pecking order now. On limited evidence, he's a good penalty box striker and penalty taker - not as good at holding up the ball as Watt/Maclean which is what we really need in our team but he should be able to do a good job for someone who plays to his strengths.

We are crying out for another striker tbh if not him hopefully RN has someone lined up but sounds like what we would need feeding off Safranko 

Well fucking stone me. 

Anderson has joined thistle on loan and we’ve signed keown in return, also on loan. 

What a shit deal that is for us. I know Anderson is 4th choice but I’d much rather be relying on him than keown. 

Confirmed - Ando to Thistle, Keown to Saints, both on loan until the end of the season.

I guess it makes sense to some degree - Anderson needs to be playing games at this stage and Keown is a player who IIRC had a decent spell when he started at Thistle. Whether that was an aberration is another thing. We can have a look at him and I suspect he'd only play in a break glass in case of emergency situation. If he's no good then he goes away at the end of the season, if TW thinks he can squeeze something out of him we probably get him on a free in the summer.

Heavy caveat to that - Thistle have been rotten this season and I have no idea how much of a part of that Keown has been. If he has been part of the reason for their demise then this is not a good thing.

We've barely seen Anderson on the park this year - hopefully we do get him in a blue shirt at leats one more time before he leaves us for good.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

I know fans always say this type of thing when ex players sign for other clubs, but Keown is one of the biggest wage thieves we have had in recent years.

A reasonable enough first spell and then 18 months of utter dross. He is an extremely limited defender who appears to lack any reading whatsoever of the game - constantly gets pulled out of position and also beaten in the air. Allied with the fact that his attitude seemingly stank out the dressing room and he was an obnoxious twat to many folk at the club, I am absolutely delighted (if genuinely amazed) that we have managed to persuade you into taking him.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'd rather we have a look at Keown in training for 6 months and if he's shit say no thanks. Lets face it, he'll be lucky to get a game, much like Ando.

Two injuries and we’re down to a young guy with potential and a fucking bin fire playing at centre half. I’d much rather have a diminished Steven Anderson than a bin fire, Thomas. 

Can Keown play right back?

Staggeringly shite deal, can only assume Ando has been desperate to get regular games somewhere and we've accepted absolute shite as fourth choice to save us having to look for anything so late in the window.

1 minute ago, VladimirMooc said:

I know fans always say this type of thing when ex players sign for other clubs, but Keown is one of the biggest wage thieves we have had in recent years.

A reasonable enough first spell and then 18 months of utter dross. He is an extremely limited defender who appears to lack any reading whatsoever of the game - constantly gets pulled out of position and also beaten in the air. Allied with the fact that his attitude seemingly stank out the dressing room and he was an obnoxious twat to many folk at the club, I am absolutely delighted (if genuinely amazed) that we have managed to persuade you into taking him.

He'll not last long if that's the case.

13 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Confirmed - Ando to Thistle, Keown to Saints, both on loan until the end of the season.

I guess it makes sense to some degree - Anderson needs to be playing games at this stage and Keown is a player who IIRC had a decent spell when he started at Thistle. Whether that was an aberration is another thing. We can have a look at him and I suspect he'd only play in a break glass in case of emergency situation. If he's no good then he goes away at the end of the season, if TW thinks he can squeeze something out of him we probably get him on a free in the summer.

Heavy caveat to that - Thistle have been rotten this season and I have no idea how much of a part of that Keown has been. If he has been part of the reason for their demise then this is not a good thing.

We've barely seen Anderson on the park this year - hopefully we do get him in a blue shirt at leats one more time before he leaves us for good.

Keown has hardly played this season, he was excellent in his first season with us when on loan from Reading. We then signed him permanently at the start of last season and he has been a bombscare ever since.

I definitely think we got the better of that deal

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Yeah I've just been down to the championship forum to take a look. As ambitious as me thinking I've got a chance with Scarlett Johansson I'd have thought, but we're nearly at deadline day and it is silly season. 

Tell Scarlett I was asking for her m8.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can Keown play right back?

Staggeringly shite deal, can only assume Ando has been desperate to get regular games somewhere and we've accepted absolute shite as fourth choice to save us having to look for anything so late in the window.

For the last 18 months he’s barely been able to play centre back. And given he’s slow, can’t pass and can’t read the game I doubt he would be much better at right back (I don’t remember him ever playing there for us anyway).

27 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Ando wants first team football, we’d be short at centre back if he goes so we borrow one of Partick’s who won’t play unless something disastrous happens. Sounds like a favour to Ando from my uneducated point of view. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Agree with this view. Ando must really want to play.

At first I thought this must mean Joe must be staying on, but I suppose he could still be about to sign a PCA after he finishes this season with us.

Hard to see how we'll ever get to see Steven Anderson in a St Johnstone shirt again though.

8 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I remember Ross county fans telling us how bad Richard Foster was when we signed him. 

{{citation needed}}

From memory most County fans rated Foster? Even me. 

Edited by yoda

I remember when Partick fans were creaming themselves over this guy, they also creamed themselves over shite like Doolan too mind.

Tbh I haven't a clue about how this guy has been playing, are Partick still bottom of thon seaside league? If so, it looks like they're getting the best out of this deal, on the other hand Tommy rarely monumentally fucks up, let's hope this isn't one of those times.

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I remember when Partick fans were creaming themselves over this guy, they also creamed themselves over shite like Doolan too mind.

Tbh I haven't a clue about how this guy has been playing, are Partick still bottom of thon seaside league? If so, it looks like they're getting the best out of this deal, on the other hand Tommy rarely monumentally fucks up, let's hope this isn't one of those times.

He hasn’t really been playing. Because he’s utter garbage. You’ll find out soon enough.