Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

As the other guys have said, a player leaving the ground because he didn't make the squad isn't really a fall out. What did Scougall expect to happen if he did indeed do that? He wasn't in that squad because he was out of the picture, so how was that going to improve his situation. 

He and his family will no doubt be eager to push any possible hard done by narrative, as it deflects from the fact the manager just doesn't rate him as much as the other midfielders at the club. 

5 minutes ago, Reid said:

Steven Anderson any good these days?

He's regressed a bit but still a capable enough defender in the top flight from the limited evidence we've seen this season. No shame in being behind Kerr and Shaughnessy who have been excellent all year.

Are you guys in for him? I'd be shocked if we let him go as that'd leave us 3 centre backs.

1 minute ago, GFARAB82 said:

David McMillan not free to a good home in Scotland ?

He is indeed. Journalists in Ireland and rumours down Hamilton way seem to suggest he's going there on loan. I reckon if you came in and offered him a permanent deal he'd probably take it though. He's looked decent in his spells in the team but he's dropped down the pecking order now. On limited evidence, he's a good penalty box striker and penalty taker - not as good at holding up the ball as Watt/Maclean which is what we really need in our team but he should be able to do a good job for someone who plays to his strengths.

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

He's regressed a bit but still a capable enough defender in the top flight from the limited evidence we've seen this season. No shame in being behind Kerr and Shaughnessy who have been excellent all year.

Are you guys in for him? I'd be shocked if we let him go as that'd leave us 3 centre backs.

Partick fans have a bizarre theory we're swapping Steven Anderson and Niall Keown, why we'd accept that deal I have no idea.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Partick fans have a bizarre theory we're swapping Steven Anderson and Niall Keown, why we'd accept that deal I have no idea.

Yeah I've just been down to the championship forum to take a look. As ambitious as me thinking I've got a chance with Scarlett Johansson I'd have thought, but we're nearly at deadline day and it is silly season. 

I think we'll be doing well to get Shaughnessy announced this week to be honest. I'm a bit more relaxed about him and Watt  because they're not likely to be players we'll sell at any point - they may leave us for bigger clubs but that wont really be in our control. The thought of losing Kerr for tribunal compensation in 18 months time rather than a potential 7 figure fee was much more galling to me.

35 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'd like some reassurances from @perthsaint1977,  @Billy Budd  or from anyone who may know that we are not swapping Steven Anderson for Niall Keown plz.

A simple 'absolutely fucking not' would be lovely.

Thanks

Is Anderson getting much game time just now? He would be a superb signing for us. Not so sure you would want Keown though !!!!

Just now, Vinnyjag said:

Is Anderson getting much game time just now? He would be a superb signing for us. Not so sure you would want Keown though !!!!

Anderson has hardly played this season in truth. Kerr has been an ever present in the league and Shaughnessy has only missed 2 games so Anderson has only come in when we've gone 3 at the back and when Shaughnessy was injured. Gordon has been the first sub/picked ahead of Anderson a few times this season so I think he's probably slipped down to 4th choice with us now too.

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if Anderson leaves us, unless he's requested a move to play more football. He's a massive character and his experience and presence in the changing room still seems invaluable to us.  

Earlier this month, Brian Easton did an interview in the Courier and this really struck me as just summing up Steven Anderson;

“The boys have been brilliant,” he said.

“They’ll pick me up when they can see I’ve not had the best of days.

“Guys like Steven Anderson. When you’re out doing your running by yourself, he’ll come and run alongside you. That’s the sort of boys we’ve got here.

“It’s not doom and gloom all the time because it’s a really positive place.

That seems like a small gesture and Anderson himself probably thought nothing of it but it clearly meant a lot to Easton as he struggles to get himself back fit again. 

It'll be a sad day when Anderson does eventually leave us but he'd certainly go with the best wishes of everyone at Saints. He's a top pro, our record appearance holder and the most decorated player in our history in terms of what he has achieved at Saints. He's not the flashiest and he still seems to shirk away from the term legend, but he certainly is one for Saints and will undoubtedly get a call for our hall of the fame at some point in the future, if he isn't in it already.

In summary, hands off. Please :( 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Anderson has hardly played this season in truth. Kerr has been an ever present in the league and Shaughnessy has only missed 2 games so Anderson has only come in when we've gone 3 at the back and when Shaughnessy was injured. Gordon has been the first sub/picked ahead of Anderson a few times this season so I think he's probably slipped down to 4th choice with us now too.

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if Anderson leaves us, unless he's requested a move to play more football. He's a massive character and his experience and presence in the changing room still seems invaluable to us.  

Earlier this month, Brian Easton did an interview in the Courier and this really struck me as just summing up Steven Anderson;

“The boys have been brilliant,” he said.

“They’ll pick me up when they can see I’ve not had the best of days.

“Guys like Steven Anderson. When you’re out doing your running by yourself, he’ll come and run alongside you. That’s the sort of boys we’ve got here.

“It’s not doom and gloom all the time because it’s a really positive place.

That seems like a small gesture and Anderson himself probably thought nothing of it but it clearly meant a lot to Easton as he struggles to get himself back fit again. 

It'll be a sad day when Anderson does eventually leave us but he'd certainly go with the best wishes of everyone at Saints. He's a top pro, our record appearance holder and the most decorated player in our history in terms of what he has achieved at Saints. He's not the flashiest and he still seems to shirk away from the term legend, but he certainly is one for Saints and will undoubtedly get a call for our hall of the fame at some point in the future, if he isn't in it already.

In summary, hands off. Please :( 

The rumour is that he is coming on loan, he sounds like just the player we need right now and glad to hear he is 4th choice CB because at his age he will want to be playing more, although not sure a shitfest at the bottom of the Championship is what he’ll have in mind