Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Do you know which clubs are reported to be in for Scougall Kyle?

Wright just said there are one or two clubs interested. I think he said it would be a loan move for him but I'll need to go back and listen.

Yep - Scougall available for loan and there are one or two clubs interested, sounds like McMillan may be a permanent transfer. 

Couple the McMillan news with Tommy's chat about 'quite a few' new contracts close to being agreed/signed, does this suggest that the club are confident of retaining Watt? Seems strange letting McMillan leave if Watt is likely to be following him out the door in a few months time. I'm probably connecting dots that aren't there

Edited by Kyle

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yep - Scougall available for loan and there are one or two clubs interested, sounds like McMillan may be a permanent transfer. 

Couple the McMillan news with Tommy's chat about 'quite a few' new contracts close to being agreed/signed, does this suggest that the club are confident of retaining Watt? Seems strange letting McMillan leave if Watt is likely to be following him out the door in a few months time. I'm probably connecting dots that aren't there

You're not, Tony is signing on.

29 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We've recalled Callum Hendry from his loan at Brechin. 1 goal in 12 appearances - not a particularly great return.

I'll no doubt be wrong, again, but I don't think he can play for anyone else this season, as he featured for us in the League Cup.

On McMillan, he's better than Kane, but Watt is better than both, if one needs to go to help us keep him then the older one, who's probably easier to get rid of and potentially the higher earner, seems the best option.

1 hour ago, The Woolshed said:

Who aside from Joe are priorities now?

I'd keep Foster, Wotherspoon, Alston and Watt, no doubt about it, with the first and last probably the priorities. I know Wotherspoon can frustrate some fans (and me at times) but the manager clearly trusts him implicitly and that's important. Alston offers enough that you go with continuity when we are having a decent season. 

After that, Easton will get something if he proves his fitness but it'll surely be reduced terms. I don't know enough about Mark Hurst. If the manager thinks he can be second choice then fine but Sinclair is coming through behind him and is contracted until 2021. The other out of contract player that has any notable first team experience isn't good enough. 

Quite a few suggests at least 3 and possibly more. 

The players to potentially pick from are Hurst, Foster, Comrie, Shaughnessy, Easton, McClean,McCann, Wotherspoon, Alston, Scougall, Watt. 

Foster, Watt, Shaughnessy, Alston and Wotherspoon are the likeliest ones to be offered deals from that list. Scougall certainly won’t be and it will depend on the manager’s view on Hurst/Comrie. I think they’ll probably be later on though. 

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'd keep Foster, Wotherspoon, Alston and Watt, no doubt about it, with the first and last probably the priorities. I know Wotherspoon can frustrate some fans (and me at times) but the manager clearly trusts him implicitly and that's important. Alston offers enough that you go with continuity when we are having a decent season. 

After that, Easton will get something if he proves his fitness but it'll surely be reduced terms. I don't know enough about Mark Hurst. If the manager thinks he can be second choice then fine but Sinclair is coming through behind him and is contracted until 2021. The other out of contract player that has any notable first team experience isn't good enough. 

Sinclair needs at least another year probably two playing regularly before he will be ready for the first team squad..A loan deal to a club where he is playing every week is a must at this stage 

Anyone slightly concerned about Hibs making a move for Tommy Wright?

I know he's just signed a contract extension, and there'd be compensation to pay, but I don't think the chairman would stand in his way if he was keen to move on.

I always felt clubs like Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen were the bigger threats in terms of enticing him away. Least disruption to his personal/ family life, familiar league, would get a chance to build something, bigger crowds etc.

Hopefully Hibs go for Stubbs or someone with a club connection, and Tommy is too excited by the team we're building here to want a change.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Anyone slightly concerned about Hibs making a move for Tommy Wright?

I know he's just signed a contract extension, and there'd be compensation to pay, but I don't think the chairman would stand in his way if he was keen to move on.

I always felt clubs like Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen were the bigger threats in terms of enticing him away. Least disruption to his personal/ family life, familiar league, would get a chance to build something, bigger crowds etc.

Hopefully Hibs go for Stubbs or someone with a club connection, and Tommy is too excited by the team we're building here to want a change.

Not in the slightest.