Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
17 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:
Settle down   with  all this he is better him shit.    both are great young scottish defenders who would walk into any championship side down south and possibley 
some epl  sides    .    Both should be talked up  but we want     Millions for Mckenna and we will get it .     Porteous  at Hibs also   looks like becoming great centre half if he can sort his injuries out.     

All about opinions. I rate McKenna believe me but think as an all round footballer I think Kerr edges him. Great to finally have two young talented centre halves. Just a pity one won't get near the national team while at saints.

Well hopefully he gets in next scottish squad as it will help with price tag.  shite seeing  good players up here go for nowt 

Tbf McKenna still have a fairly major flaw in his game, mainly the fact he constantly backs off players and allows them a shot from within 20 yards under no pressure. Something you nly notice once you've noticed it, if that makes sense.

Hope you can make a GIF from Saints TV, Kerr ripping the pish and flicking the ball over an attackers head was outrageous. 

Just now, logie skid boys said:

Well hopefully he gets in next scottish squad as it will help with price tag.  shite seeing  good players up here go for nowt 

Kerr was dropped from the U21 squad this season for "being too old", only for them to call up David Bates, who's even older. 

He won't be capped while at Saints.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Desperately hope there's no bids in this window, but if someone did come in, we really should be holding out for our biggest ever fee for a player. 

Hard when he only has the 18 months on his deal and he'll be 23 when the current one ends. Do the same rules that allowed us to get Drey Wright cross-border at 23 apply for clubs in England? That has to be a concern if so. 

We need to get another year on his deal. Hopefully put in a cut of any transfer fee to make up any shortfall in salary. 

If he can add a yard of pace to his game, he can play at a very high level. He didn't give Hardie a sniff last night, just as he hasn't any opposition forward in the past few months. Even the Morelos winner last month when you'd have looked at him, you actually realise he slips on the pitch as the ball comes in.

I try not to get carried away by players as folk may notice but very excited about Kerr. Really looking forward to seeing how he does against Celtic. 

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Even the Morelos winner last month when you'd have looked at him, you actually realise he slips on the pitch as the ball comes in.

The reason he slips is because of Morelos movement, he just gets done imo, it happens, even to the best defenders. Jason Kerr is one of the better CB in Scotland and Saints are right to talk him up and should obviously be looking to cash in while they can. Whether he or say McKenna could make it in a top league like the EPL? I have my doubts.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The reason he slips is because of Morelos movement, he just gets done imo, it happens, even to the best defenders. Jason Kerr is one of the better CB in Scotland and Saints are right to talk him up and should obviously be looking to cash in while they can. Whether he or say McKenna could make it in a top league like the EPL? I have my doubts.

Sol Bamba plays in the EPL.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Sol Bamba plays in the EPL.

:lol:

Aye but big Sol ticks many boxes Jason doesn't 

He's of African descent, he has a child after a one night stand with a stripper in the pubic triangle, he's about 6'5", the laddie is hung like a horse, did I say he was African?

Obviously Jason can play football but so could Sol Bamba at one point. 

May was being blinded by the euphoria of the Cup win, asking him that question at that point was always going to get that response. 
I'm not sure it's similar to Shaughnessy who's seemingly confirmed he wanted to stay in private talks with the manager.
Unless May also done that, I can't remember tbh.
Private talks that you know about?

What makes Jason a bit different from the other young central defenders mentioned here is his football playing ability..When he pushes forward he actually looks like a midfielder he is comfortable on the ball and uses it well.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

You can certainly see why Kerr ended up playing in midfield away at Kilmarnock (I think?) for a spell in a match at the start of the season. He stepped out of defence a few times last night and his mere presence caused havoc. He used the ball well in a more advanced area too.

Scotland's answer to Declan Rice IMO.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:
On 23/01/2019 at 08:13, RandomGuy. said:
May was being blinded by the euphoria of the Cup win, asking him that question at that point was always going to get that response. 
I'm not sure it's similar to Shaughnessy who's seemingly confirmed he wanted to stay in private talks with the manager.
Unless May also done that, I can't remember tbh.

Private talks that you know about?

Private talks the manager made public.

Just now, The Marly said:
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
Private talks the manager made public.

So not private then.

Please don't start this shite again.

What Tommy said was before the Aberdeen bid I think. Not sure Tommy would be so popular with the players if he made "private " talks public.
If you're going to post crap then I (and anyone else) am entitled to call you on it. If you can't handle that then tough titties.

5 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Reduced transfer income is one of the side effects of a club's players not getting the international recognition they deserve. Attracting a promising player to sign for you in the first place is another and thus the cycle of diddieness continues. Just the way the SFA like it.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

What Tommy said was before the Aberdeen bid I think. Not sure Tommy would be so popular with the players if he made "private " talks public.
If you're going to post crap then I (and anyone else) am entitled to call you on it. If you can't handle that then tough titties.

5c49bc6919386_tenor(2).gif.5b0ffc4b7e39b52a2415b3f4e15b80a9.gif

Here's a difficult one for you. It's becoming clear Jason Kerr is going to be a top top player. 

If you had the choice between re-signing Joe on a 2.5 year deal or using the money to extend Kerr by 1 year what would you take? Given that the latter option could see us with neither of them next season.

6 minutes ago, Broon_100 said:

Here's a difficult one for you. It's becoming clear Jason Kerr is going to be a top top player. 

If you had the choice between re-signing Joe on a 2.5 year deal or using the money to extend Kerr by 1 year what would you take? Given that the latter option could see us with neither of them next season.

Latter option all day long. Money from Kerr would go a long way to replacing both tbh.