Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Is there any prospect of Easton returning anytime soon? Tanser doesn’t do it for me, he’s incredibly weak. Incidentally it will be interesting if the St Johnstone are a big physical side cliche gets trotted out this season, couldn’t be further from truth unfortunately. Team lacks a bit of niggle which we’ve always had in recent years but is also physically unimposing

I'm inclined to agree on Tanser. He's not awful like we feared he might be when he first came, but he is weak defensively, and rarely has the confidence to drive to the byline to get a cross in. 

His crossing is usually excellent when he gets in positions,  but if he's not doing it regularly we'd be as well just playing a defensively solid left back.

Spoony never hides. He shows for the ball and takes responsibility far more than he should and I think that’s a huge reason he gets caught in possession as often as he does. Alston on the other hand...

Well this is going well...

We ALL know Spoony and Alston are not the central midfielders we need, Liam Craig can fill a gap but not long term. Tommy knows this too, he's not daft. Stubborn aye, daft naw. Tanser is indeed weak but is a work in progress.

I'm very confident we'll have someone in in the next 2 weeks, just hope it's Tommys first choice rather than fourth. Mon the Saints. 

Always had him down as English, one of the hundreds ICT went through bringing up a few years back (probably find its about a decade ago, but that would make me feel old). 

Probably won't be him signing regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

There's also Bartley at Hibs. 

Admittedly don't know much about him but heard on the radio he's not been featuring much recently. 

Is he the kind of player we need? Would he be avaliable?

Is he available? Can't see them releasing him considering how small their squad is. 

I think he's firmly in the Paul Paton "kick anything that comes within five yards, including the ball, as hard as possible" school of midfielders. 

He's also started for them today. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is he available? Can't see them releasing him considering how small their squad is. 

I think he's firmly in the Paul Paton "kick anything that comes within five yards, including the ball, as hard as possible" school of midfielders. 

He's also started for them today. 

No idea if avaliable. They'd just been discussing he seemed out the picture recently and hes English so I've put that together and came up with just a complete guess.

Can't think of any other English central midfielders that play in Scotland that would even be a remotely realistic target - Although our fellow Saints fans on here could just be speculating about that being the case too.

There's not much else to do on a Sunday afternoon anyway than speculate aimlessly about who the central midfielder TW is after.

Is it a possiblity we could get a young lad from Stoke on the recommendation from Callum?

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

No idea if avaliable. They'd just been discussing he seemed out the picture recently and hes English so I've put that together and came up with just a complete guess.

Can't think of any other English central midfielders that play in Scotland that would even be a remotely realistic target - Although our fellow Saints fans on here could just be speculating about that being the case too.

There's not much else to do on a Sunday afternoon anyway than speculate aimlessly about who the central midfielder TW is after.

Is it a possiblity we could get a young lad from Stoke on the recommendation from Callum?

Fair play. You'd worry any youngster wouldn't be able to step in and contribute straight away, they'd need time to settle. 

I've been wondering for the past week or two whether Don Cowie would fit the bill. I'd be lying if I said I knew what sort of midfielder he was, but he's always struck me as the type of player who just keeps the ball moving without doing anything noticeable. Has plenty of experience too.