Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Apologies, I tend to just skim Radfords posts. 

Don't we all. I'd recommend that you read any posts he makes regarding Aaron Comrie though - he dislikes him more than Adam Morgan I'd wager.

The Saints player I detested more than any other was probably Liam Caddis. Just an utterly pish player, other fans seemed to think he was decent which bewildered me. He did nothing. Saints fans are obsessed with persevering with our own youth players, even when it's clear they'll never amount to anything. The clamour for the likes of Brown and Thomson to play was mental.

5 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The Saints player I detested more than any other was probably Liam Caddis. Just an utterly pish player, other fans seemed to think he was decent which bewildered me. He did nothing. Saints fans are obsessed with persevering with our own youth players, even when it's clear they'll never amount to anything. The clamour for the likes of Brown and Thomson to play was mental.

Would you like to see Comrie given a chance this season or just cut our losses? He's this seasons Craig Thomson, if he plays like last season he's out imo.

Big season for a few of them really. Kerr Gordon and McCann will be ok, both Hursts, Hendry and McLean need to up a gear for me or it's touch and go even if they have a longer contract.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Would you like to see Comrie given a chance this season or just cut our losses? He's this seasons Craig Thomson, if he plays like last season he's out imo.

Big season for a few of them really. Kerr Gordon and McCann will be ok, both Hursts, Hendry and McLean need to up a gear for me or it's touch and go even if they have a longer contract.

Think Hendry will be fine, he seems to have plenty of potential and is probably perfect as fourth choice. 

Was never convinced by McLean, but he was good in the Cup last season and looks a much better player when he's further forward. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Think Hendry will be fine, he seems to have plenty of potential and is probably perfect as fourth choice. 

Was never convinced by McLean, but he was good in the Cup last season and looks a much better player when he's further forward. 

Hendry has another year anyway doesn't he? I like the laddie but he's not going to learn much being 4th choice, he needs to up it this season  in the same way May and Kane did when they broke through, maybe a bit harsh adding May tbh.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Hendry has another year anyway doesn't he? I like the laddie but he's not going to learn much being 4th choice, he needs to up it this season  in the same way May and Kane did when they broke through, maybe a bit harsh adding May tbh.

Hendry signed a two year deal this Summer, so has until 2020. Ideally he'd be loaned out to get regular games. 

Ali McCann, the two Hursts, McClean and I think Comrie, all have contracts until the end of this season. 

McCann the obvious one you'd want tied up straight away. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I've not seen much of Comrie tbf, I didn't go a lot last season. He'll be a cheap backup for the time being I suppose. If it was an option I'd like to see him go on loan to the Championship and see how he does there - I've no idea how he got on in his other loan spells but I'm sure they were at a terrible level. If he excels at that level then I'd be open to see him play more often for Saints, like how Kerr has stepped up recently.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

It's a little bit longer than 2 minutes, although a decent chunk is spent discussing Steven Gerrard :rolleyes: 

To be honest, it wasn't nearly as bad as expected. I'm normally over this stuff like a rash but thought it was virtually acceptable given the circumstances. It was Tommy that brought the Stevie G words into it and then the guy, unsurprisingly, took it on further but not to the extent of dominating the feature. Given it's Sky I expected a lot, lot worse.

FFS this place is daid AGAIN, all 6 of you’s on the box office thread as per usual I presume . 

Us Derryboys are sharing the road down to Glasgow with you minks, will we have to leave earlier with the massive hordes of Saintees going down to Kilmarnock? Maybe as much as 250 of the wee Saintees heading through.