Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Obvious free agents are Abdul Osman, Prince Buaben and Jim O'Brien. They all scream of "couldn't get main target, fall back on experienced obvious option" though. 

A wildcard would be Diego Poyet, who seems to be a free agent and apparently been km trial at another Scottish club, I've forgotten who though, although he seems out the budget. 

Am I allowed to suggest this is the type of position we should be paying a fee for? Spend £100k on the perfect player in his mid-20s seems to make a lot of sense, and deep playmakers generally don't cost as much as game changing attackers. 

Aye £100k should get Kamara, that would be a laugh.

I know certain folk on here don't particularly like stat sites and how they gauge data, but the Modern Fitba one has highlighted two of our midfielders in a "top 25 young midfielders" article. 

Ali McCann obviously makes it, just below Jamie MacKenzie, that's not a name I see mentioned as much. Anyone know anything about him? 

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

That data being goals scored in Development League games. Come on, you are better than that. @RandomGuy.

Jamie MacKenzie is another Perth lad. Decent player from what I've heard but spent most of last season injured unfortunately.

Aye mentioned the goals bit on the Dundee thread and just assumed I'd mentioned it again :lol:

Where does he play and that? I'm certain someone, you I think tbh, has mentioned his in the youth thread on WAP, but never head much else. Probably due to injuries. 

20 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Bit off topic, but does anyone remember or have a link to the article from that "analyst" that had Wright down as something like 20th best manager in Scotland?

He wasn't even in the top 20. John Brown was though.

https://therangersreport.com/2017/07/20/the-best-managers-in-scottish-football-since-2011-12/

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So, are we naming a stand after him? Or building a statue? 

I think we should shape the 3 trees inbetween the main and North stands into Wright, Ormond and Totten figures, a bit like the American Presidents on that rock face. We could make Tommy partly grass to appeal to the Dees too. Everyones a winner.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Are we currently living in St Johnstone’s best ever era?  :lol:

Yes, we're all living through St Johnstones greatest achievements, lovely feeling tbh. Did you live through Dundees? 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, we're all living through St Johnstones greatest achievements, lovely feeling tbh. Did you live through Dundees? 

What a fuckin time to be alive eh. :lol:

I see your still posting yer stats shite. FFS go to a game, watch it and form your own opinion. :lol:

Edited by Yenitit

Just now, Yenitit said:

What a fuckin time to be alive eh. :lol:

Well yes. We've  watched our club spend a decade as one of the best clubs in the country, had numerous European away days and enjoyed a major trophy win. Are you expecting me to be absolutely beeling we never won the league three decades before I was born? 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes. We've  watched our club spend a decade as one of the best clubs in the country, had numerous European away days and enjoyed a major trophy win. Are you expecting me to be absolutely beeling we never won the league three decades before I was born? 

That's a telt Yenitit. I'd back away now if I were you :lol:

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Lies again. Your club has never been anywhere near matching the top clubs in its entirety. 

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That's a telt Yenitit. I'd back away now if I were you :lol:

St Johnstone’s an irrelevance to every other side in Scotland. I only post on here to get a bit of interest on this thread and because your goodself and FableGuy always bite. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Answer his question while you're here then.

Have I not already answered it? If it’s the League winning comment then yes it must be shite following a team with no history and tradition, I’d be raging. 

30 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Have I not already answered it? If it’s the League winning comment then yes it must be shite following a team with no history and tradition, I’d be raging. 

Oh dear how these obsessives are drawn to our great club..you can almost feel the seeth