Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The Kennedy one I saw on St Johnstone banter was decent. 

My Watt effort, to the tune of GSTQ:

'God Save our gracious Watt,

Long live our noble Watt,

God Save our Watt

dah dah dah dah dah

SEND HIM VICTORIOUS, 

HAPPY AND GLORIOUS,

LONG TO REIGN OVER US,

GOD SAVE OUR WATT.'

Thoughts, Saints fans?

5b5c2a98cc06a_giphy(2).gif.e1bd8ecf8fec01c82ecb5f5b6fb20516.gif

Bit off topic, but does anyone remember or have a link to the article from that "analyst" that had Wright down as something like 20th best manager in Scotland?

I'm sure such luminaries as Gary Locke and Paul Hartley were above him.

Bit off topic, but does anyone remember or have a link to the article from that "analyst" that had Wright down as something like 20th best manager in Scotland?

I'm sure such luminaries as Gary Locke and Paul Hartley were above him.

That was an absolute belter. When questioned the boy said it was because there hadn’t been enough young players given their debuts, because that’s more important than winning trophies/massively exceeding expectations.

3 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Tam: what about to this tune 

Instead of Feelin Hot Hot Hot it would be Tony Watt Watt Watt (including Oles at the start). Wee salsa shimmy and Bob could be your uncle.

Thoughts pls.

Its a great shout Bonksy, McDiarmid Park has been crying out for more calypso, ever since the jehovas left town and took their kettledrums with them.

The only problem I foresee is that song has already been sung for Drey Wright Wright Wright a couple of times, missing the obvious opportunity to throw in a Dr Dre number.

I liked Lang Toon Saintees suggestion of The Jam - I Wish I could be like Tony Watt.

The ABBA song for Kennedy was a great effort, is that nicked from another team or did a cunning linguist in the Saints crowd make up the lyrics?

3 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Tam: what about to this tune 

Instead of Feelin Hot Hot Hot it would be Tony Watt Watt Watt (including Oles at the start). Wee salsa shimmy and Bob could be your uncle.

Thoughts pls.

Has that not been done before? 

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Its a great shout Bonksy, McDiarmid Park has been crying out for more calypso, ever since the jehovas left town and took their kettledrums with them.

The only problem I foresee is that song has already been sung for Drey Wright Wright Wright a couple of times, missing the obvious opportunity to throw in a Dr Dre number.

I liked Lang Toon Saintees suggestion of The Jam - I Wish I could be like Tony Watt.

The ABBA song for Kennedy was a great effort, is that nicked from another team or did a cunning linguist in the Saints crowd make up the lyrics?

Aye a shortened down version of David Watts because I like The Jam and also Tony is a dull and simple lad.

We could also use Billy Hunt for a song about Neil McCann. 

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The one about Easton and touching yourself is a belter, made me chuckle the first time I heard it.

Remember drunkenly singing that in the airport in Lithuania and nearly getting rejected from the flight home. Not my finest moment. 

10 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

A central midfielder in the Morris/Millar mould and I will be quietly confident for a very decent season. Feel like we are being underestimated after last year being slightly poor, but we’ve addressed the issues we needed to address and look in very good shape.

I never like to think too far ahead in terms of season and just try to enjoy it for what it might be but we had rotten luck with injuries last season and, as the manager pointed out, lost 21 goals from set play situations. That and the early goals at home killed us. He probably now feels that we have the players to, as we did yesterday, get back into games if we do go behind.

A central midfielder of quality is still pretty imperative for me though. We could get regret letting Millar go.

8 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Finding that player will be the difference from a successful season and a mediocre one. Struggling to think of any obvious options that would be available though.

Obvious free agents are Abdul Osman, Prince Buaben and Jim O'Brien. They all scream of "couldn't get main target, fall back on experienced obvious option" though. 

A wildcard would be Diego Poyet, who seems to be a free agent and apparently been km trial at another Scottish club, I've forgotten who though, although he seems out the budget. 

Am I allowed to suggest this is the type of position we should be paying a fee for? Spend £100k on the perfect player in his mid-20s seems to make a lot of sense, and deep playmakers generally don't cost as much as game changing attackers.