Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I think everyone knows what we need and who realistically out of our current squad can play there, those options aren't ideal. Tommy wants another player in but it's up to Wee Broon to produce, will he do it? I have my doubts, especially after getting Tommys other first choice targets. It's been a good window so far but I've a wee nagging feeling we may just go with what we have.

Tbf while Craig and Spoony isn't ideal for over the course of a season, if it gives McCann a proper chance with us, it might be a blessing. Obviously not ideal before folk start ranting at me, but at least we have a promising player who can develop there. 

It's a shame McCann hasn't been fit enough to play some Betfred games, tbh, as it would've helped everyone get a better grasp of what level he's at. 

We go with what we have in the middle of the park, then no ammount of 'attacking flair' will save us, as the ball will never reach them in any meaningful way.

The game is won and lost in centre midfield most weeks and having, Craig, Alston, or spoon in there the game is lost before its begun, at worst its playing with a man down....hell I would offload the 3 and blow the wages on one player.

For what it's worth I eco the comment about willock, if it was him coming in as a loan and another holding midfielder on a permanent deal then, makes sense.

Again I can't believe we are circ 3 years down the road and we still have not identified a centre midfielder! 

If the visiting team want to do the match highlights, I say let them. It's about the only thing Falkirk got right in the cup so far, assuming you watch it with the volume off. 

Edit: I realise "want" is the wrong word, we're not doing it for your benefit, we are doing it for our online channel, but in the absence of your own effort, you take what's available. 

Edited by DeeBairn

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Well obviously, quite a stretch to read what has been said as Saints fans saying we aren’t happy that away teams are doing highlights, but anything to get a ‘I’m so self depreciating, be my friend,’ post in. Grow up. 

No, I read it. But your own club clearly isn't going to do it. So you're going to have to be happy with what you do get. 

But hey, anything to get in a passive aggressive reply to a genuine post. 

48 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

No, I read it. But your own club clearly isn't going to do it. So you're going to have to be happy with what you do get. 

But hey, anything to get in a passive aggressive reply to a genuine post. 

An utterly pointless genuine post :lol:

The frustration is not that Falkirk are producing highlights of away games, that's great, what a stupid thing that would be to get wound up about. It's the fact that fans of the Premiership side have had to rely on wee teams like yourself to produce these things when we clearly have the resources and are already gathering the footage but just haven't been arsed.

17 minutes ago, Stelling said:

An utterly pointless genuine post :lol:

The frustration is not that Falkirk are producing highlights of away games, that's great, what a stupid thing that would be to get wound up about. It's the fact that fans of the Premiership side have had to rely on wee teams like yourself to produce these things when we clearly have the resources and are already gathering the footage but just haven't been arsed.

Ali seems to enjoy finding outrage where none exists. 

I do find it strange that you guys don't do your own highlights in house. Especially, as has been said, the footage gets taken anyway. Possibly a case of them looking for someone to volunteer to do it, rather than having it salaried? 

Just now, DeeBairn said:

Ali seems to enjoy finding outrage where none exists. 

I do find it strange that you guys don't do your own highlights in house. Especially, as has been said, the footage gets taken anyway. Possibly a case of them looking for someone to volunteer to do it, rather than having it salaried? 

Of course they look for a volunteer to do it, it's not exactly a secret the backroom staff is run on as tight a budget as possible. 

It's something Saints fans have moaned about for a long time, and I'd hope it would change soon, as we seem to manage to put up interviews and the likes fairly easily. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Of course they look for a volunteer to do it, it's not exactly a secret the backroom staff is run on as tight a budget as possible. 

It's something Saints fans have moaned about for a long time, and I'd hope it would change soon, as we seem to manage to put up interviews and the likes fairly easily. 

It's a lot of work for a volunteer to take on their own, I think we have a few that do it as a team. A lot of work to break down a 90 game into highlights, and that's just our games. Would take longer when there are actual highlights in the game! 

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

It's a lot of work for a volunteer to take on their own, I think we have a few that do it as a team. A lot of work to break down a 90 game into highlights, and that's just our games. Would take longer when there are actual highlights in the game! 

We used to get volunteers from the media course at Perth College to do it, to help them build a CV and get experience. Not sure why that stopped, maybe not enough of them have an interest in Saints. Seemed like a perfect situation though. 

There was a team of volunteers, and I’m sure there still is to some extent. There’s a high chance they just aren’t scheduled to start back up fully until league action starts, but if we’re being sold these early Betfred games as competitive matches that the fans should take seriously and not just glorified friendlies then the club should really also act that way from all angles possible, including things like media.

To be outdone by much smaller clubs is disappointing.

Edited by Stelling

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We used to get volunteers from the media course at Perth College to do it, to help them build a CV and get experience. Not sure why that stopped, maybe not enough of them have an interest in Saints. Seemed like a perfect situation though. 

Yeah, that's a bit of a strange one, you'd think they would be lining up to sign up for that, would be great on the CV of someone who was just starting out. Shame it's not seen by the club as a priority, as it's clearly something the fans want to see. I mean, it's good that other teams do it, but the highlights and commentary is ways going to be coloured by the people doing it, so you would preferably want your own. 

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ffs you boys are boring the fucking tits aff me. You're actually making me want to do some work.

Should be working anyway Tam, those big issues dont sell themselves. 

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Na let's hear your effort?

Edit: I liked the Easton one at Montrose.

The Kennedy one I saw on St Johnstone banter was decent. 

My Watt effort, to the tune of GSTQ:

'God Save our gracious Watt,

Long live our noble Watt,

God Save our Watt

dah dah dah dah dah

SEND HIM VICTORIOUS, 

HAPPY AND GLORIOUS,

LONG TO REIGN OVER US,

GOD SAVE OUR WATT.'

Thoughts, Saints fans?

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

No but they make a great cosh. They also burn very nicely hanging out of petrol tanks of prized possessions.

Not that I would partake in such hilarity though.

:lol: touché 

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The Kennedy one I saw on St Johnstone banter was decent. 

My Watt effort, to the tune of GSTQ:

'God Save our gracious Watt,

Long live our noble Watt,

God Save our Watt

dah dah dah dah dah

SEND HIM VICTORIOUS, 

HAPPY AND GLORIOUS,

LONG TO REIGN OVER US,

GOD SAVE OUR WATT.'

Thoughts, Saints fans?

Die in a fire.