Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I never said there wouldn't be a tartan strip, just that I'd been told there wouldn't be tartan in the home top.. 

I so hope that's right.

Have to agree, hopefully get his own article later in the week. Interesting that TW seems to have had an idea who he wants and it "far down the line", reads to me that it's someone from outwith the club, but maybe misreading it. 

Didn’t he say there were several signings ‘far down the line’ too? How long is his fecking line?

29 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Just the few meltdowns on twitter and fb about the new kit. All very unmoany for Saints fans...

'It isnay bloo an white. Saints is blu n whyte'.
'But it's only the away strip, it's our original colours and it's got the proper club badge back on it'
'sno blew in whyt. Saints shud b bloo whit or yella'

It's a focus group Saachi and Saachi would have been proud of hosting.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

'But it's only the away strip, it's our original colours and it's got the proper club badge back on it'

Bit of an overreaction there.I along with many others have got fed up of seeing the team in anemic pale blue instead of our own colours..

Unofficial Twitter with quotes from TW. 

No signings "imminent" but talks with agents are ongoing. Dean Lyness is on trial for the back up keeper role, and there could be foreign trialists joining the training camp once they reach Austria. 

New assistant manager will be from outside the club. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

He has passed on his target list to Wee Broon, then Stevie boy left it in a bar along with his phone when on holiday. That's the real reason there's been no news from Saints. Not to worry we can make up a new list now.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

You said Several when it was actually two and one of them was signed but as I said thanks for your input..I'm really grateful that you took all that time from your busy schedule to track down this article..Your continued(if somewhat obsessional) interest in our great club is a credit to you.But then again with the virtual demise of of the Dundee clubs I suppose we have now become your "Big Team" 

9 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I just read some of the comments on the facebook most. I take it back... meltdown from some. "Worst kit we've ever had". "Fucking diabolical". 

:blink:

I'm surely no alone in not being fussed by a kit either way. More interested in performances on the park over the colour of blue or stripes on a shirt..

8 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Bit of an overreaction there.I along with many others have got fed up of seeing the team in anemic pale blue instead of our own colours..

Sorry, it wasn't a go at you. It was aimed at the Saints Banter Facebook page which is what the fb reference in the post I replied to meant. Maybe should have been clearer but I thought everyone on here was of the same opinion. I normally don't like slagging other Saints fans but I waive that for there. For the record I'm with you on the washed out blue and have whinged about it for ages.

There is a '7XL' shirt size? We shouldn't pander to people who are so fat, nor should any clothes outlets. They should be forced to make their own clothes and hopefully lose some weight in the process.
Totally agree. So long as there's a "small Ronnie Corbett " size for you wee man.

3 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

You said Several when it was actually two and one of them was signed but as I said thanks for your input..I'm really grateful that you took all that time from your busy schedule to track down this article..Your continued(if somewhat obsessional) interest in our great club is a credit to you.But then again with the virtual demise of of the Dundee clubs I suppose we have now become your "Big Team" 

I’m pleased you’re so unconcerned. 

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Sorry, it wasn't a go at you. It was aimed at the Saints Banter Facebook page which is what the fb reference in the post I replied to meant. Maybe should have been clearer but I thought everyone on here was of the same opinion. I normally don't like slagging other Saints fans but I waive that for there. For the record I'm with you on the washed out blue and have whinged about it for ages.

No problem got you now..I had to leave the banter page because it was so bad so I don't see their lunatic ravings any more..