Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Happy enough with Bryson staying. Hasn't let us down this season, and might help Ballantyne bridge the gap to top flight level.

Still, personally, worry about the age of our midfield, unless Gilmour and Ballantyne will be able to play decent parts next season. 

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Happy enough with Bryson staying. Hasn't let us down this season, and might help Ballantyne bridge the gap to top flight level.

Still, personally, worry about the age of our midfield, unless Gilmour and Ballantyne will be able to play decent parts next season. 

Congratulations on hitting 50,000 posts in only 8 years.....That's an impressive shift Dude 

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

3 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Congratulations on hitting 50,000 posts in only 8 years.....That's an impressive shift Dude 

Quantity over quality, my mantra for everything.

49 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Seems an apt time for my 2nd post in that time 😂

What's the chances of a full bench tomorrow, McLean to be named??

To dredge up that result considering the circumstances is unreal.

f**k knows how Davidson keeps this up next season.

Why are St Johnstone so good at appointing managers? They hardly ever need to sack a manager, they all leave in their own time. Tommy Wright, one way or another, left because he wanted to. Lomas was scooped up by Millwall, McInnes by Bristol City, Coyle by Burnley. Was John Connolly the last manager they sacked, 16 years ago? Stark was fired, I can't remember what happened with Sandy Clark, was he sacked after a relegation? Sturrock left for Dundee Utd. That takes us all the way back to 1993.

And now Callum Davidson is making history.

Does any club in Scotland have a better hit rate with managers than that?

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Why are St Johnstone so good at appointing managers? They hardly ever need to sack a manager, they all leave in their own time. Tommy Wright, one way or another, left because he wanted to. Lomas was scooped up by Millwall, McInnes by Bristol City, Coyle by Burnley. Was John Connolly the last manager they sacked, 16 years ago? Stark was fired, I can't remember what happened with Sandy Clark, was he sacked after a relegation? Sturrock left for Dundee Utd. That takes us all the way back to 1993.

It’s about having a chairman/board that see the bigger picture.  Also have a look at the names you mentioned, all were young in managerial terms other than Wright who was assistant to Lomas.  The board do their homework and are confident in the work they have done

Tremendous season for you boys, even before you consider the continued trolling of St Mirren. It's becoming harder to deny your claim to being Tayside's top team, and Callum Davidson is a top guy and top manager. Good job, you fermer c***s.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Tremendous season for you boys, even before you consider the continued trolling of St Mirren. It's becoming harder to deny your claim to being Tayside's top team, and Callum Davidson is a top guy and top manager. Good job, you fermer c***s.

We’ll have to change our Underestimated since 1884 slogan if this kind of chat carries on. 

38 minutes ago, GordonS said:

They stick by managers. Many clubs would have sacked Derek McInnes at the start of 2008/09 or Steve Lomas when he went 14 games without a win. One ended that season with promotion, the other with third place in the top flight. 

Even this season, there were fans (I'll be polite) wanting Davidson sacked after a handful of games. 

I doubt sacking a manager has even crossed the mind of the board since Connolly.