Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Another Midge you say? Get him signed!

Likes the ball to his feet and can easily get out of tight spaces, a bit like Millar used to do tbh. Tries to keep the ball, often with short passes to team mates. Not great defensively. I think he'd need to change certain aspects of his game to play for us,  especially in the 2 systems that we rely on but he definitely has talent and is the type we should be going for.

4 minutes ago, The Marly said:

He was pish. Accept it and move on.

I think Hendry is everything I hoped Scougall would be, tbh. I'm still gutted we never saw Scougall as a "10", MOH/Swanson either side, and MacLean as a striker, though.

14 hours ago, Kyle said:

Can we give all of this team lifetime contracts please? 

Don't get too excited, according to Hearts fans we're skint and will sell Kerr for £250k, or a swap with Halkett, while Hibs reckon Kerr has been demanding a move for the past 3 years as he's a "massive hibee",  and we'll be lucky to 6 figures as he's told us he's joining them when his contract runs out.

The best one was one guy thinking they’d be able to get Danny McNamara, irrespective of the fact he left us to become first choice at Millwall. Then they all jumped on it as gospel. 

In an ideal world, Kerr, McCart and Rooney all sign new 2 year extensions with the usual promise that we won’t stand in their way if they leave for £X. Plus it’s clear that Davidson is a seriously good coach, so in Rooney and McCarts case it makes sense to stay at least as long as he’s here. This current back line have the chance to become legends and you’d like to think all would want to give Europe a shot if we are fortunate enough to make it. 

Unless Saints significantly increase their salary, there is absolutely no incentive for Jason Kerr, Shaun Rooney or Jamie McCart to sign a new deal at the moment. 

The fact they could only get a Saints fan from Perth to sign a one-year extension shows how hard it is going to be to keep this defence together. 

You can talk about Europe but they are still going to get the chance of that, whether they sign a new deal or not. The way they'll view that is that it will only improve their bargaining position if they do well in those games.

Unless the club can find a way to guarantee an increased revenue (i.e. higher attendances), we'll never be able to keep our best players. It has always been thus in the Bosman era. Short-term windfalls don't allow you to do that. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs reckon Kerr has been demanding a move for the past 3 years as he's a "massive hibee", 

Only one part of that is true, he is a Hibs fan.

Where have "Hibs" stated that he has been demanding a move for 3 years?

You make some ok points now and again, but you just cant help yourself with the regular lies - its quite baffling.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Only one part of that is true, he is a Hibs fan.

Where have "Hibs" stated that he has been demanding a move for 3 years?

You make some ok points now and again, but you just cant help yourself with the regular lies - its quite baffling.

If you'd read the post properly, you'd have seen I was on about fans from the respective Hearts/Hibs forum.

If you're going to follow me about trying to pick flaws with my posts for the next month, like some wee pathetic dog, can you at least make them more interesting? 

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

Unless Saints significantly increase their salary, there is absolutely no incentive for Jason Kerr, Shaun Rooney or Jamie McCart to sign a new deal at the moment. 

The fact they could only get a Saints fan from Perth to sign a one-year extension shows how hard it is going to be to keep this defence together. 

You can talk about Europe but they are still going to get the chance of that, whether they sign a new deal or not. The way they'll view that is that it will only improve their bargaining position if they do well in those games.

Unless the club can find a way to guarantee an increased revenue (i.e. higher attendances), we'll never be able to keep our best players. It has always been thus in the Bosman era. Short-term windfalls don't allow you to do that. 

This. Kerr/McCart/probably McCann, will all be gone by the start of 22/23, one way or another.

I hope Gordon only signed a 1 year deal as he wasn't sure he'd be a guaranteed regular this season. Cast iron 1st choice, plus the captaincy when Kerr leaves, could hopefully convince himself to stay longer.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you'd read the post properly, you'd have seen I was on about fans from the respective Hearts/Hibs forum.

If you're going to follow me about trying to pick flaws with my posts for the next month, like some wee pathetic dog, can you at least make them more interesting? 

Fairly obvious it was from a fans forum - or here - but as usual you cant back up your fibs

As for following you, I took this picture earlier.................................

pinocchio GIF

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't get too excited, according to Hearts fans we're skint and will sell Kerr for £250k, or a swap with Halkett, while Hibs reckon Kerr has been demanding a move for the past 3 years as he's a "massive hibee",  and we'll be lucky to 6 figures as he's told us he's joining them when his contract runs out.

Fucking Yo Yo team 

8 hours ago, Radford said:

Unfortunately if you win a double there's little else for them.to achieve, European games aside. All clubs outside the cheeks are in the same.

35 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Unfortunately if you win a double there's little else for them.to achieve, European games aside. All clubs outside the cheeks are in the same.

The European games aren't that much of a pull either. Can't see many players dying to stay at Saints or similar clubs because they get a few rounds in the qualifiers every few years. 

Even Celtic are suffering a similar fate in terms of there being a ceiling and just being a stepping stone club at their relative level. Their downfall coming from players being unsettled/unmotivated because they haven't been allowed a move because "9 in a row" that most of them couldn't give a shit about. 

30 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The European games aren't that much of a pull either. Can't see many players dying to stay at Saints or similar clubs because they get a few rounds in the qualifiers every few years. 

I think that guaranteed European non-qualifiers until December could provide a bit of a pull this time around, but maybe more so for incoming players rather than our current in-demand ones.