Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Why buy a place across the road when we have plenty of land at the top of the car park? Utilise that and spend more on lap dancing poles.

3 hours ago, The Marly said:

Poles or poles?

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Both, preferably.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

I’m all aboard the hype train for a Stephen Dobbie return. I don’t care if he sits on the bench all season.

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

Does he do asbestos removal? 

#rotisserie 

Or pole dancing? 

#dobbiesboabys 

Michael O'Halloran linked with St Mirren in the Sun. Still a useful player obviously but I think his best days are behind him now. Won't be disappointed if he decides to leave personally, he'll be one of the higher earners and has barely started any games for quite a while

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Michael O'Halloran linked with St Mirren in the Sun. Still a useful player obviously but I think his best days are behind him now. Won't be disappointed if he decides to leave personally, he'll be one of the higher earners and has barely started any games for quite a while

Think he showed some use over the last few games, but hard to imagine we couldn't get a similar, younger, player for less.

Just provided too little over the past 2 seasons.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think he showed some use over the last few games, but hard to imagine we couldn't get a similar, younger, player for less.

Also the glaringly obvious issue for me is he doesn't fit well into the managers system at all.

Occasional appearances at wing back he'd get away with but clear as day doesn't have the brain for the narrow front three. 

Did well on Sunday but need to see more of that and like you say, we haven't. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

7 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Tanser's season over

Been a good servant but another one who has let an agent get in their head. (will players never learn?)

Hopefully gets a club when gets himself fit again

A very decent pick up for someone. A bit silly of him to close the door on Saints and there's a decent chance he'll have to get himself trials again if he's suffered a serious injury. Booth has shown he's not irreplaceable though.

17 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Tanser's season over

Been a good servant but another one who has let an agent get in their head. (will players never learn?)

Hopefully gets a club when gets himself fit again

I've assumed rightly or wrongly he wants to move back down nearer home again for family reasons. 

If he ends up joining someone up here I'll soon know my assumption was wrong though.

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I've assumed rightly or wrongly he wants to move back down nearer home again for family reasons. 

If he ends up joining someone up here I'll soon know my assumption was wrong though.

I had the same assumption but heard a while ago that wasn't true. 

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Middleton does the same job in the front 3 and seems to understand/fit the shape better. Not a long term solution if he's only available on loan but would certainly do us for next season.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Also the glaringly obvious issue for me is he doesn't fit well into the managers system at all.

Occasional appearances at wing back he'd get away with but clear as day doesn't have the brain for the narrow front three. 

Did well on Sunday but need to see more of that and like you say, we haven't. 

Yeah his early showings weren't great, and he's still never really performed that well up front, even last season he struggled I'm sure. As a wing back he was a decent option, but ideally not someone you'd regularly play there.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Middleton does the same job in the front 3 and seems to understand/fit the shape better. Not a long term solution if he's only available on loan but would certainly do us for next season.

Yeah it seems a no brainer if there's a choice. Middleton is just better all round IMO.

I'd he happy enough if MOH left, we loaned in Middleton again, then took a punt on someone else with pace. Not every signing has to be a long term one, I suppose.

I’d keep MOH for the squad. It’s probably recency bias but his role in the equaliser on Sunday can’t be highlighted enough. Carrying ball long distance, holding off challenges, winning the corner. He could have scored a couple of times in the game too, being critical you’d say he should have. I think he offers something from the bench in certain games/situations. Am always wary of signing too many players in the summer. As well sticking with him.

Zander has it all there. He’s just very good at making daft decisions at the wrong moment.

He definitely should be considered for 3rd choice and 2nd. But to be capped at be a continuous choice a massive improvement is needed.

I’d say there is more chance of Rooney, Kerr & Gordon being capped.