Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think it's maybe closed down now anyway tbh.

Zero idea what pubs have survived this except the Cherrybank Inn.

What 😢

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Cherrybank inn is talking of getting a large television for the car park for the game.

If that’s not your thing I’d suggest the Auld House, Sandeman, Foundry, King James for the football.

Auld House is a good shout, may go there, cheers 

14 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

What 😢

I'm sure they had a break in where a group smashed a lot of windows, and there was also an attempt at a fund raiser.

They're maybe still on the go tbh, just last I heard they were really struggling, and that was last year.

The Sandeman/ King James/ Foundry triangle is a good shout as they're within 100m of each other so if you're not happy with one you've got the other options nearby. 

Watched matches in all of them and all decent for doing so.

You've also got the cinema next door to the Foundry, so if we're 3 down after 10 minutes you can go watch Jaws in 3D with surround sound instead.

Perth gadgies 
Looks like I’ll be in your fine city on the 14th June so hopefully things are back to normal by then so the Scotland game can be watched in the boozer
Anywhere you’d recommend?
When I’m in Perth I usually drink in the twa tams but it doesn’t strike me as a fitba pub 

Think it's maybe closed down now anyway tbh.
Zero idea what pubs have survived this except the Cherrybank Inn.

Twa Tams is still open. Don’t go there, they are anti football. Told me to cover up my Saints top after European game once. Another time they refused to play the penalty shootout in a Europa League final, claiming they are “a music pub and we don’t show football.” They decided to leave the tv on More 4. Bunch of wanks.

Cherrybank inn is talking of getting a large television for the car park for the game.

The Cherrybank is not in the city centre, you would have to get a bus. Not worth it tbh - I’m not a fan of them either.

Caledonian is a great football pub 

This is a wind-up - do not go here as this pub is for jakies. You should go to the Bee Bar.

In all seriousness though, “the triangle” as mentioned by Paulo is your best bet. King James is a traditional style boozer and is an all round good pub. I’d go as far as saying it’s the best pub in Perth but Tbh the competition isn’t great just now. It has a jukey and pool table. Other option is Sandeman which is more like a Wetherspoons, more cavernous with lots of tv’s and a projector screen. I watched Scotland 2 England 2 in here and there were #scenes, lots of space to run around like a mad man. Foundry is pish. HTH.

11 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Twa Tams is still open. Don’t go there, they are anti football. Told me to cover up my Saints top after European game once. Another time they refused to play the penalty shootout in a Europa League final, claiming they are “a music pub and we don’t show football.” They decided to leave the tv on More 4. Bunch of wanks.

The Cherrybank is not in the city centre, you would have to get a bus. Not worth it tbh - I’m not a fan of them either.

This is a wind-up - do not go here as this pub is for jakies. You should go to the Bee Bar.

In all seriousness though, “the triangle” as mentioned by Paulo is your best bet. King James is a traditional style boozer and is an all round good pub. I’d go as far as saying it’s the best pub in Perth but Tbh the competition isn’t great just now. It has a jukey and pool table. Other option is Sandeman which is more like a Wetherspoons, more cavernous with lots of tv’s and a projector screen. I watched Scotland 2 England 2 in here and there were #scenes, lots of space to run around like a mad man. Foundry is pish. HTH.

The twa tams has been taken over since then, they like football, they even did a live show from there singing Saints songs after the cup final. It's Mad Ferret that have the licence. 

The Caley licensee is a well known Saints fan and good guy, it's a decent pub and has live music, especially if there's been a bus to the football the band usually end up singing Saints songs. Doesn't show much football though.

The King James is a policemans/jailer  pub,  full of knobbers if you ask me.

Perth overall is full of shite pubs, if only the Grill showed the football...

Slagging the Tams as a place to watch football is like giving a brothel a bad trip advisor review because they didn't fix your toaster.

Its a music pub. If you want to see a band and have a pint you go there, if you're out to watch a game you go somewhere else.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Slagging the Tams as a place to watch football is like giving a brothel a bad trip advisor review because they didn't fix your toaster.

Its a music pub. If you want to see a band and have a pint you go there, if you're out to watch a game you go somewhere else.

This is correct.

Although in times gone by they did show big games. I watched Scotland qualify for WC98 in that very saloon.

Foundry is good I'd say, wild limbs in there for the Scotland Italy game for Euro 08. 

Half a Tanner show games? Not been there for ages. 

Nah nah nah. Not having that.

I didn’t go to watch the football. I went after a St. Johnstone home European game and was told to cover my top up. In a Perth pub on a Thursday evening. Ridiculous.

The second incident I wasn’t watching the football and didn’t plan to. However I noticed the Europa League final was on and it was going to penalties. I knew the game was on ITV 4 or something so I asked the bar staff to stick it on and they declined to do so because they are a music pub. That’s even though there was no bands on and the tv was set to More 4 or some shite like that. Instead of putting the game on they decided to come across as if they are better than that and be total snobs. I’ve more or less boycotted ever since, however I might go back in if what Tam says is the new situation in there.

Given how maligned she was among some sections of our support, she helped deliver us two top 6, finishes, a major honour and I’d imagine was involved in the recruitment of a very good young manager as well as extending several of our key asset’s contracts. I think a lot of Saints supporters saw her record at Kilmarnock and never gave her a chance, but her cv has definitely been boosted and she has left a decent legacy. 

Best of luck to Boyd in his new role. I’ve heard another potential incomings behind the scenes which would be a very positive move. Certainly seems like we’re restructuring off field right now. 

Just now, Kyle said:
Best of luck to Boyd in his new role. I’ve heard another potential incomings behind the scenes which would be a very positive move. Certainly seems like we’re restructuring off field right now. 

Boyds history seems to be in terms of attracting sponsors etc., at both County and Raith. Wonder if Robertson is leaving, and we're splitting her roles over more people?

Club has needed a serious modernisation behind the scenes for a while IMO. Good to see some progress on that front.

I think Robertson and the rest of the saints back room staff deserve an incredible amount of praise for the last 12/18 months. They won’t get it obviously, but saints have not only continued to flourish, but has improved communications, merchandise, fan engagement, social media. All of these things which were previously lacking have improved and it is still an ongoing thing. They won’t ever get thanked, but I think this will have been the single most difficult time in any member of staff, players, management, fans careers and to come out of it in the top 6 and a cup on the playing front and with an improvement in the way we’re being ran is testament to the saints as a club. 

I wonder if a change in back room staff and structure has anything to do with Steve Brown realising he needs more than 1 person to run the club. Given his 1 day a week nature and the stress he’ll of had from running 2 businesses during lockdown, he’ll have seen its nigh on impossible. Scott Boyd is an interesting one, County didn’t want rid of him and he’s done what appears to be a good job at Rovers. As an ex player, he’s very much a footballing man and he’s done his degree as well so he’s qualified. I’ve no issues with other ideas coming to the table and as someone who got a testimonial at County, he of all people will understand the community club, longevity aspect and passion that fans can have. I think it’s a good move and best of luck to him, hopefully his old mate Ritchie Brittain gets telt along the way. 

Edited by Widge