Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW this boy went out on loan to Cheltenham in the Winter window.

Cheltenham play 3-5-2 a lot, with him, and hes shown up as the best option this Summer as a sort of ball winner who can threaten in the final third.

More of a McCann/Davidson replacement than anything. Won't bore anyone with the figure showing it, but looks like he could offer something similar, but also different.

How is he on FM? @Widge 👀

I know that at times I ( Rather Unfairly ) ridicule some of your posts...But seriously dude  how on earth do you know that an English league two side's preferred formation is 3-5-2 and how one if their lonees is performing?Not  taking the piss just genuinely baffled.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We have been doing that with Durmus at left wing back. He has the energy to get up and down the wing ok, very capable at tracking his man back but I feel it takes away so much of his attacking abilities and the team suffers due to this.

Just think we need a wing back who can go past players. Booth is fine but if Wotherspoon is off it/marked out the game, then Booth isn't much use.

16 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I know that at times I ( Rather Unfairly ) ridicule some of your posts...But seriously dude  how on earth do you know that an English league two side's preferred formation is 3-5-2 and how one if their lonees is performing?Not  taking the piss just genuinely baffled.

Because I'm tragic.

27 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Do a lot of things baffle you?

27 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

https://wyscout.com/

3 hours ago, Widge said:

I can safely say he never amounts to anything and ends up cutting about in League 2!

Which is probably still a division higher than Tanser ends up in!

Forget I ever mentioned him then 😁

25 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Yes,I particularly enjoyed his penalty save to keep us in the lead. You?

I did. I also saw the other 89 minutes, as did one or two others...

On 04/04/2021 at 14:11, Saigon Raider said:

Not just challenge imo, we need someone to come in and start next season. I have said it all season, I just don't trust him. He is glued to his line and is appalling at commanding his area.

There was a free kick for Dundee yesterday where he was almost in the stand he was so deep. Any touch and it's a goal as he refuses to come off his line - even when he does and punches you can tell he hates doing it.

On 04/04/2021 at 14:39, Radford said:

My views on the goalkeeper are well known. I keep reseting and giving him a fresh start but it's never more than a few weeks before he has another major blunder. I appreciate the idea of backing players but the excuses for him elsewhere help nobody. It doesn't matter at all that the goal was disallowed, for example. And that decision making for the penalty. 

We NEED a new goalkeeper and a good manager will recognise that.

On 04/04/2021 at 14:43, RandomGuy. said:

One of my major issues with Clark is how quickly his head goes out it after he's made a mistake. IMO he doesn't come charging out at the penalty if he hadn't fucked up earlier in the game.

Seems to get stuck in a cycle until the defence can settle him by refusing to allow any shots. 

Davidson hasn't been afraid to drop folk, so I'd be disappointed if he didn't try and replace Clark this Summer. 

On 04/04/2021 at 14:48, Ludo*1 said:

What I thought was most ridiculous about Clark's performance yesterday is that when he makes a mistake, he looks to try and get in an argument with anyone even if it's his own team to take the heat off what he's just done. Don't know if this is the norm, but the faux hard man act was a bit much after he'd just fucked up.

Was/is Parish legitimately poorer than what was on display yesterday?!

On 04/04/2021 at 14:53, Johnstoun said:

Even by Clark’s standards yesterday was a shocker

On 04/04/2021 at 15:27, Lang Toon Saintee said:

What does it say about our "Head of Goalkeeping"  or whatever hes called when we have two keepers who appear incapable of doing the basics on a consistant basis 

On 05/04/2021 at 13:36, tree house tam said:

St Johnstone FC deserve better than the shite keepers we have.

On 05/04/2021 at 15:23, perthsaint1977 said:

We have been interested in another goalie from another premiership team since January.

On 05/04/2021 at 15:30, deej said:

With the fist emoji, after he used his own to batter the Dundee striker in giving the penalty away

On 05/04/2021 at 15:51, RandomGuy. said:

His "prevented goals" figure has him conceding more than the average keeper would. He's the 4th worst keeper in the league at that metric, only ahead of McCrorie, Clark, and Rogers. 

On 05/04/2021 at 17:09, The Saintee said:

He caused the penalty! It was hardly some injustice.

On 05/04/2021 at 18:13, akuram said:

What was he doing out there in the first place surely Liam Gordon would have been able to handle the situation on his own. Great penalty save though but it should never have been needed.

23 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

You can see Gordon give a "WTF" look after the penalty reward in the replay. Hopefully, sign a reliable keeper in the summer.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Now we just need them to top it up and keep him at the end of the season. 

They won't want him when Allan Russell, currently coaching Harry Kane, is ignored repeatedly during training.

Massive chance for him if he does take advice on board, mind you.

Davidson saying he'll "change it up" on Saturday, as he wants "90 minutes" in everyone's legs before the Clyde game.

Sort of sounds like, if he has to make a choice, he'll prioritise the cup games.

Plus Melamed says he's "leaving contracts talks" to his agent, and will discuss things with him at the end of the season. So I'd guess that's a hefty hint he'll be off to the highest bidder.

Edited by RandomGuy.

50 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Ross Cunningham has left his post once again and will definitely be missed. I wonder if this means that Mark Guidi will be taking more of a control over things for the moment.

Might be a wee opportunity for you there. Get your CV fired in!