Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I'll explain it,  get tae f**k away from here with your shite old man patter you dirty sheep shagging c**t. We can smell the piss stains from here ffs.

That’s a tad extreme. I’ll remember this the next time you stray on to the Aberdeen thread. 

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Saints’ social media trolling the support with a video of Zander’s penalty save and the caption underneath ‘big players step up on the big occasions.’ 

😀😀

With the fist emoji, after he used his own to batter the Dundee striker in giving the penalty away

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Out-of-contract goalkeepers seem to be Conor Hazard, Ofir Marciano, Danny Rogers, Andy Firth and Ross Laidlaw. I've maybe missed someone out.

Hazard signed a new 2 year deal with Celtic in March. Marciano won't be heading Perth way.

So Danny Rogers, Firth, Laidlaw, Fox and Chapman are your options...

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Out-of-contract goalkeepers seem to be Conor Hazard, Ofir Marciano, Danny Rogers, Andy Firth and Ross Laidlaw. I've maybe missed someone out.

We've no choice with the first two, and the other 3 hardly feel like upgrades.

In Davidson we trust etc. etc., but I've this overwhelming dread we'll spend this Summer consolidating what we have, losing a key player or two, then suddenly discover in October our squad isn't as good as we thought it was.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hazard signed a new 2 year deal with Celtic in March. Marciano won't be heading Perth way.

So Danny Rogers, Firth, Laidlaw, Fox and Chapman are your options...

Ryan Fulton at Hamilton too, I think. And Macey at Hibs.

It's a who's who of, at best, sideways moves though.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ryan Fulton at Hamilton too, I think. And Macey at Hibs.

It's a who's who of, at best, sideways moves though.

Jack Hamilton is also free in the summer. He was signed to be number 1 ahead of Parish for us.

Seems like a ready made deal IMO.

If CD is genuinely considering one of those keepers, I'd be predicting Ross Laidlaw. He's had pretty decent reviews as part of a dreadful Ross County team and might be easy enough to snap up if they get relegated. As said above, however, none of the options particularly excite me apart from the unattainable ones.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Jack Hamilton is also free in the summer. He was signed to be number 1 ahead of Parish for us.

Seems like a ready made deal IMO.

He said it was a keeper at a Premiership club m8.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I was merely throwing a reasonable suggestion.

I was only joking, but yer man Hamilton us destined for Cove or Queens Park IMO. One last chance at full time football for him.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

If CD is genuinely considering one of those keepers, I'd be predicting Ross Laidlaw. He's had pretty decent reviews as part of a dreadful Ross County team and might be easy enough to snap up if they get relegated.

His "prevented goals" figure has him conceding more than the average keeper would. He's the 4th worst keeper in the league at that metric, only ahead of McCrorie, Clark, and Rogers. 

Conceded more goals than anyone but Fulton.

11th best in the division for Save%