Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Ian Barraclough is obviously a far better judge of a player than Steve Clarke. :whistle

This could be the game that seals Ali's move to Serie A next season (not the pizza shop before anyone jumps on it!).

Either that or they get pumped and he has a howler, either way great to see him playing against the cream of Europe. It's where St Johnstone players belong.

Northern Ireland did alright but were susceptible in the counter and the second goal came from that. Goalkeeper should never have been beaten at near post, even from someone as deadly as Immobile. 

It was a big step up for McCann (even from Austria and Romania) but he's not long turned 21 and it was his first match at that sort of level.

Apparently an e-newsletter should have arrived in our inboxes today if we’re signed up for them, but that hasn’t been the case for me. Has anyone else not received one despite being signed up? 

Me

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Apparently an e-newsletter should have arrived in our inboxes today if we’re signed up for them, but that hasn’t been the case for me. Has anyone else not received one despite being signed up? 

Me too also.  Perhaps SLO announcement was early or someone forgot to press the button to send them.

Ah, so apparently the email from Sam Porter entitled 'Easter Brunch & Cupcake Box' is the newsletter. I thought that was just a general advert/spam kind of email. They should really name these things 'SJFC Newsletter' or something along those lines, and might be better for it to come from St Johnstone FC rather than 'Sam Porter'. Will suggest it to Bev.

13 hours ago, Radford said:

Northern Ireland did alright but were susceptible in the counter and the second goal came from that. Goalkeeper should never have been beaten at near post, even from someone as deadly as Immobile. 

It was a big step up for McCann (even from Austria and Romania) but he's not long turned 21 and it was his first match at that sort of level.

Think he struggled in the first half, without standing out as being a poor player in their team, if that makes sense. Italy were so quick/good at finding passing angles, NI seemed to be chasing shadows a bit. Pace probably caught him out a bit. Couple of poor passes too, one not even under any pressure.

Better second half when he moved to the right and got more freedom to press. 

Certainly didn't look out of place in the NI team, and in your first major International start, against that Italy midfield, he showed he could be trusted to not be a disaster.

First half v Pellegrini, then second half v Verratti. His next start will possibly see him facing off against Paul McGowan and Jordan McGhee. Some career.

Daniel Armstrong for Raith the kind of under the radar signing I'd like.

Hendry gets all the attention at Raith, as does Kai Kennedy. Kennedy and McCowan the young wingers who get attention in the whole division. 

Armstrong is just a solid creative left winger, who's played both sides, and is currently playing well as a left wing back for Raith.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Daniel Armstrong for Raith the kind of under the radar signing I'd like.

Hendry gets all the attention at Raith, as does Kai Kennedy. Kennedy and McCowan the young wingers who get attention in the whole division. 

Armstrong is just a solid creative left winger, who's played both sides, and is currently playing well as a left wing back for Raith.

Contract situation?

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Contract situation?

Out of contract this Summer.

Just wondering if we should replace Tanser with a winger? Booth is good but I think he'd struggle to do much without Wotherspoon there too. A left wing back who could cause problems on his own would be a good idea, IMO.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Out of contract this Summer.

Just wondering if we should replace Tanser with a winger? Booth is good but I think he'd struggle to do much without Wotherspoon there too. A left wing back who could cause problems on his own would be a good idea, IMO.

Give Callum a call, I've told him you want to put yourself forward as a technical scout and he wants to hear what you have to say. His work number is 08449000100.