Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Hendry could still come good again obviously.

50% xG overperformance last season wasn't sustainable, neither is his 80% underperformance this season.

Time for him to decide if hes a below average striker or not. If hes average/above average, then he should come back with a bang next season as long as he keeps getting chances.

Definitely agree a front two definitely suits him, but if hes not going to learn anything from MacLean then he'll completely waste his talent regardless of what set up we put him in.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

50% xG overperformance last season wasn't sustainable, neither is his 80% underperformance this season.

Time for him to decide if hes a below average striker or not. If hes average/above average, then he should come back with a bang next season as long as he keeps getting chances.

Definitely agree a front two definitely suits him, but if hes not going to learn anything from MacLean then he'll completely waste his talent regardless of what set up we put him in.

He has some attributes I like but probably more I don't like. He's young but looks like he believes his own hype, if he makes it in the game it won't be at us,  another Marcus Maddison imo. Get him to f**k.

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

Melamed has the same agent as Tanser AFAIK. Take from that what you will. 

Always seems to start with the Old Firm or biggesf League One clubs...

Kane also and I have heard his agent is pushing for silly money like Tanser... players will never learn

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like his agency have begun hawking him around.

Same clubs that were "watching" Tanser.. agent isn't very creative. 

Are these agents living on a different planet. Clubs battling to survive right now bet aye let's ask for money that wouldn't be paid by the club during normal times, never mind in a pandemic period where there's been no fans for the whole season. 🤨

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

21 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Kane also and I have heard his agent is pushing for silly money like Tanser... players will never learn

Yeah they signed Kane up this season, "shooting stars".

Having had a look at them after they followed me, it's why I was speaking earlier about maybe not keeping Kane for next season. They seem to have a history of moving players around clubs at a fair rate.

I love Guy Melamed almost as much as I love my own mother, and I think his agent’s club choices are a lot more realistic for him than they were for Tanser. However, do we think Melamed is ready for the English leagues right now? He has clearly taken a while to get up to speed with Scottish football. Great finisher, technically gifted but incredibly lightweight. He tends to sometimes disappear from games before coming up with a moment of magic. Not sure he could hack the physical requirements of the English leagues right now.

37 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I love Guy Melamed almost as much as I love my own mother, and I think his agent’s club choices are a lot more realistic for him than they were for Tanser. However, do we think Melamed is ready for the English leagues right now? He has clearly taken a while to get up to speed with Scottish football. Great finisher, technically gifted but incredibly lightweight. He tends to sometimes disappear from games before coming up with a moment of magic. Not sure he could hack the physical requirements of the English leagues right now.

Money talks

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Tanser and Kane will end up at Killie in mid July after realising that no one else wants them down south.

Tanser will get his move to League One or Two, IMO, but the fact these leagues are populated by strong pacey wingers who can go inside and outside, his chances of rising up the league are slim.

No idea where Kane goes if he leaves. His best season by far this time, but even then his goal record for an undisputed first choice top six player is poor.

Scoring goals is still our no.1 problem and if both Kane and Melamed go I wouldn't be too fussed. A completely different dynamic would then be had with 2 (?) new strikers. That said,  happy to keep them based on their performances these last months.  

Scoring goals is still our no.1 problem and if both Kane and Melamed go I wouldn't be too fussed. A completely different dynamic would then be had with 2 (?) new strikers. That said,  happy to keep them based on their performances these last months.  
I'd be happy to keep one of them, and I'm not bothered which one. But I'd love to see us sign a new striker. I think we definitely need to freshen things up in that area.

I see the semi-final from 1991 has popped up on YouTube. 

First time I've seen the highlights since presumably seeing them on the night. What a fantastic occasion at a parked East End Park, what a Scottish Cup semi-final should be all about. 

Saints should have won the game. Allan Moore misses an open goal early on and Harry Curran has another two headed chances in addition to his goal, one of which brings a great save from Alan Main. 

Duncan Ferguson looks onside for the winner (which has been debated for years) but Dave Bowman definitely leans into the ball with his arm to block Maskrey's shot in the box. 

Fantastic save by Lindsay Hamilton in stoppage time. Was Rhodes really an upgrade? 

Memories of the day?